Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash - Page 24 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash

Can't get my MX2E dash to shut down... Any ideas? Have had to disconnect the battery.

I've had a number of glitches with it since installation (HVAC lights not working and driving mode error warning light plus inability to save shift light pattern)

Tried rebooting, uploading new configurations etc but to no avail.

Yes, it's running latest firmware.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

i am collecting my new 20th Exige next month and was due to have the AIM dash fitted. Been told today by the dealer they were having trouble ordering one from the factory due to some kind of issue/recall going on. Might be something to do with your issues

No, it's to do with getting the dashes approved for production vehicles. As an aftermarket product the manufacturer can just put a disclaimer for track use only but it has to have certification to be an OEM product.

^This.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

On 20/02/2021 at 04:27, MAG said:

Can't get my MX2E dash to shut down... Any ideas? Have had to disconnect the battery.

I've had a number of glitches with it since installation (HVAC lights not working and driving mode error warning light plus inability to save shift light pattern)

Tried rebooting, uploading new configurations etc but to no avail.

Yes, it's running latest firmware.

As I reported previously, Mine on the latest firmware , if engine was running, and I turned on headlights/ and turned the key off and pulled it out, would still be running. Even the engine would still be running. 
So somehow was acting as a circuit bypassing the ignition 

If I turned off the lights then, the engine would shut down, but then subsequently throw wierd fault codes

Dealer fixed it by reverting back firmware about 2 updates back, I think the July one , and its back to normal, just the time is messed up. 

They have reported to AIM , but i dont know whats happening now. 

Also, mines a S3 Elise, 2017

J

• Confused 1

On 20/02/2021 at 19:07, MAG said:

No, it's to do with getting the dashes approved for production vehicles. As an aftermarket product the manufacturer can just put a disclaimer for track use only but it has to have certification to be an OEM product.

Thanks 

I’m now holding off getting the AIM dash and will wait for the new TFT approved dash, dealer thinks it will be sometime after the FE cars start getting delivered, work in progress but hopefully for me not too long

• Like 2

Yeah, my fuel lights comes on around then as well. Haven’t quite got into the rhythm of it, ie how much fuel is left but guessing around 10 litres, so ~100km depending on how it is being driven.

On 25/02/2021 at 19:22, Chunkv6 said:

Thanks 

I’m now holding off getting the AIM dash and will wait for the new TFT approved dash, dealer thinks it will be sometime after the FE cars start getting delivered, work in progress but hopefully for me not too long

Same here to be honest. The current item has too many bugs for my liking, especially when you pay top dollar for it.

If the "Road approved" dash is faultless then it'd be a much more promising solution, albeit without the lap timer - hopefully lotus will be offering this option as an upgrade. 

On 25/02/2021 at 20:22, Chunkv6 said:

Thanks 

Same here, although I am still unsure which of the 2 is the better choice. If the TFT offers a lot less than the original AIM it is maybe the wrong choice?

1 hour ago, MrD said:

Same here to be honest. The current item has too many bugs for my liking, especially when you pay top dollar for it.

If the "Road approved" dash is faultless then it'd be a much more promising solution, albeit without the lap timer - hopefully lotus will be offering this option as an upgrade. 

Apparently not an upgrade option, You want lap timing and data logging? Buy the MX2E

22 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Apparently not an upgrade option, You want lap timing and data logging? Buy the MX2E

AIM's data logger seems to be a good feature for the TD enthusiast but it is not great for the committed/racer - this is why it falls into the "nice to have" category. The latter group of people would naturally go to vbox.

From what I can judge - and I'll stand corrected if I speak non sense - the vast majority buy this mainly for its interface...going "digital" with a plug and play solution. I certainly belong to this category but problem here is that this part (which is the main reason for purchasing I repeat) carries quite a few bugs yet to be ironed out.

It'd be interesting to see how the "approved" version will compare, waiting with anticipation:) 

3 hours ago, MrD said:

Hope its not too long, and maybe an upgrade version with some lap timing etc could follow. I decided to use the dash part of the deal to get lotus to send up the carbon diffuser finisher instead, all clouds and that

Mine works fine, it was installed by the dealer and I haven't really touched it, the data logging for TD is great and having a speedo I can read "in the moment" is license saving...I have no complaints and there are have been a large number of these being installed now.

Reading through the comments it appears to be the early adopters and those that like to fettle that appear to have the issues...which I think is entirely unsurprising and to be expected.

3 hours ago, EliseExige said:

Same here, although I am still unsure which of the 2 is the better choice. If the TFT offers a lot less than the original AIM it is maybe the wrong choice?

I just feel the new tft version looks so much more OEM, which technically it is now of course.  Wanted to keep my Exige fairly standard spec so think its the right choice for me, although once I’ve picked the Exige up and driven with the clocks and needles i might just decide to stick with that

2 minutes ago, Robjo said:

Mine works fine, it was installed by the dealer and I haven't really touched it, the data logging for TD is great and having a speedo I can read "in the moment" is license saving...I have no complaints and there are have been a large number of these being installed now.

Reading through the comments it appears to be the early adopters and those that like to fettle that appear to have the issues...which I think is entirely unsurprising and to be expected.

Nice to have a ‘no problems’ counter in here again. I’m waiting primarily due to the look of the new version

• 2 weeks later...

Not many useful ones if you dont have the extra sensors... imho.

I put air intake temp, and gearbox temp though that doesnt appear to work. On the digital variant I put the air temp again and fuel %age.

On 28/02/2021 at 19:24, MrD said:

In all honesty, if I knew then what I do now I probably wouldn't have bothered. Yeah I had some issues, but they are all history and AIM sorted them out and the dash works fine. But if your tall (say 6') you can't really see the shift lights or indicators. For all the calls to modify the rev range this still hasn't come about (but I wait in hope).

cheers

On 28/02/2021 at 22:01, Martrack said:

I was told by Lotus that there would be an upgrade option, and that dealers themselves would know how to upgrade to get the datalogger and GPS laptiming features.
Waiting for some dealer's feedback...

I had the confirmation by a dealer, required module can be ordered later-on to enable datalogger and GPS laptiming features on the FE dashboard.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Martrack said:

I had the confirmation by a dealer, required module can be ordered later-on to enable datalogger and GPS laptiming features on the FE dashboard.

Interesting.

Part number? price?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

57 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

In all honesty, if I knew then what I do now I probably wouldn't have bothered. Yeah I had some issues, but they are all history and AIM sorted them out and the dash works fine. But if your tall (say 6') you can't really see the shift lights or indicators. For all the calls to modify the rev range this still hasn't come about (but I wait in hope).

cheers

You can put the indicators in the boxes.....