Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cup 430 Club - Page 14 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Cup 430 Club

BatMobile

As far as I know only two in the UK. You are right though there are photos of a green car with UK plates along the line of ‘whoosh’ on Google images. I wonder if that was a prior plate.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
11 hours ago, Troyboy said:

Cheers Bispal. You have got a gorgeous car there. Looked at it lots of times on YouTube and the pics Lotus put out. It looks breathtaking in those Lotus stills.

Thanks, Its a great car, as all 430CUP's are.  I would snap up the Type 25 (unless you can twist Nathan's arm to sell his).  Nathan's is stunning and the type25 was the one I originally wanted when they were announced.  There are only 35 430CUP's in RHD so there is limited choice, to get one of the 'type' cars is an added bonus for not much premium so if you can I would take it. I have also bought a car from Collecting Cars and it has been 100% perfect and continues to be 15 months later.  I have many friends who have bought and sold there with absolutely no issues.  If you ware worried go and view the car but there isn't a lot that can go wrong with the Exige's and in particular I think the 430 CUP's were much better screwed together than the other cars because of the price point.  It is much better than my 350 was and the same is true of other 430CUP's I have been in.

8 hours ago, Nathan Pitman said:

As far as I know only two in the UK. You are right though there are photos of a green car with UK plates along the line of ‘whoosh’ on Google images. I wonder if that was a prior plate.

Yes I wondered that myself. It was whoosh I was thinking of. I did check the reg no on a vehicle check site and it is still registered to a green Exige. There is a thread on here from a couple of years ago where the original owner of your car posts up delivery pictures etc. Reading that thread leads me to think there is 3 green cars.

21 minutes ago, jimichanga said:

Seems to have some stone chips at the back no idea how you get them there?

Depending on where they are quite easy to have them "thrown up" either from the car in front or a passing car. I've got one on the top of the rear clam on my 410 Sport.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

4 hours ago, jimichanga said:

It’s very nice, having a good look at it myself but it’s not flawless as perhaps you might expect for the mileage. Seems to have some stone chips at the back no idea how you get them there?

Apparently it's done approximately 200 miles on track days. I saw the description and it says that there is a blemish on the rear of the car.

I'm hot and cold at the moment for the car. I went out in mine yesterday and it's a great car for the road. And the wife loves it. Which is not a necessity but helps.

Thanks again for the replies everyone it is  really appreciated. 

Thanks for that information. Rightly or wrongly I look at it as London to Leeds of track driving. 

I have a 69 plate 350 Sport Exige which I got with delivery miles although it was a pre reg car. I'm a bit of a fanny with it to be honest but it is cherished. Great road car.

20201202_193630.jpg

20200922_140408.jpg

Lovely spec of 350. 

I think “wrongly” is my view re the way you’re looking at the track miles. It’s a couple of track days on a car designed for that type of use, plus you have a load of members on here that track them routinely without any issues.

There might be many reasons not to buy it but the track miles shouldn’t be one of them, in my opinion. 

The type 79 allegedly sold at Octane collection for 6 figures in the summer.  This is a very rare car with low miles and if it goes for anything under £90K inc. premium it will be a good buy, even with 200 track miles and a stone chip! 

agree they are unbelievable cars, I am looking to get into one for next year, the timing isn't correct for me on this one.  Out of interest is there much difference on the type 25 to a "normal cup"?

If it stays under £80k that’s probably not far off what an owner could expect to get from a low mileage Cup 430, so it’s not that much of a bargain at the moment. You could in theory still get a brand new Cup 430 for £110k but I haven’t heard of anyone getting a 430 FE as yet. They are going to be super rare.

Rarity by itself doesn’t increase value, many one-off spec Lotus cars out there that don’t command premiums. I think the Cup 430s will become better appreciated when they’ve stopped making them.

Difference to regular Cup 430 is cosmetic but would be expensive to reproduce and some things would be hard or not possible to replicate.

Only differences are cosmetic but the cosmetic differences are a very nice touch and well executed. Pin striping beneath lacquer, 2 piece alloys, wooden gear knob, decals, interior build number plaque etc.

I’ve pimped mine out with a proper audio system, Hell Slow mirrors and the OEM cup holder for more comfortable long drives. :D

Edited by Nathan Pitman
  • Like 1

I think its just paint, the alloys being diamond cut on the lip, a gear knob and a plaque that is different. All the cup430s are remarkable and unique, arguably the type cars are the most common as most i know dont have another one like it, they have all been fettled with either extra painted parts or more alcantara etc. 

whatever you buy, they are very special cars.

I don't think UK owners who bought the Type 25/49/79 used set out wanting those cars (I think there are only 5 in total of all the types in the UK?) , if anything like me they wanted a 430CUP and luckily when looking a type 25/49/79 became available. If you set out specifically wanting one chances are you would never get one as the timing would be wrong. They are a nice bonus if you are looking for a 430CUP and one becomes available.

@TroyboyI say this in all seriousness because its right at the top of my budget now with the buyers premium and I suspect its going to go for 80k plus... 200 miles on track is nothing on any Exige. I did plenty of trackdays in my V6 over the 3 and a half years I owned it and you wouldn't have known apart from a little gravel rash up the ppf on the sides behind the doors, a usual thing. 

At 80k plus premium, it's basically a brand new car for 30% less than list. Silverstone have a solid yellow cup for sale at 86k, with 10k miles on it. This should attract a premium to that imo. If I had more budget I'd be bidding to at least that level even with the premium in top. If you can afford it and are really considering it as an upgrade on yours- and I think it is, even though yours does look lovely - I don't see that there is anything to put you off. Still got another year or so of warranty on it even. 

As it is I'm not sure I will bid again, though I'll see where it is with 24 hours to go. There's a couple of nice 410s for sale currently that also interest me, I'm going to see one on Friday.

Same car when it was new. Unfortunately the dealer thinks revving when cold is a good idea, which is enough to put me off that dealer in itself. Stunning car though.

Another RHD car here, hard to see build number but looks like 20 or 22 out of 25. Yours @Nathan Pitman

Edited by jimichanga

Yea that one at Autostore is mine. Number 22. The number of times I watched that video before collection! 😂

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jimichanga said:

If it stays under £80k that’s probably not far off what an owner could expect to get from a low mileage Cup 430, so it’s not that much of a bargain at the moment. You could in theory still get a brand new Cup 430 for £110k but I haven’t heard of anyone getting a 430 FE as yet. They are going to be super rare.

Rarity by itself doesn’t increase value, many one-off spec Lotus cars out there that don’t command premiums. I think the Cup 430s will become better appreciated when they’ve stopped making them.

Difference to regular Cup 430 is cosmetic but would be expensive to reproduce and some things would be hard or not possible to replicate.

Yes and no, yes these are only visual changes, but it will carry a premium ... you can replicate, does not mean this edition is worth the same as standard, or the standard modified would be the same as the special edition, and yes people sometime pay extra for nothing more, even sometime just for some gold painted wheels and a track layout embroidered on a seat, LF1 editions ... These are the only special editions ever based on the V6 cup in all forms (360 cup being just a mix with the 350 stuff) , so yes it should still be at the top I suppose. 

3 hours ago, Nathan Pitman said:

Yea that one at Autostore is mine. Number 22. The number of times I watched that video before collection! 😂

I've watched that Autostore video maybe 30 times in the last week. When it comes out of the garage at the start it looks stunning. 

The no 9 car from Leven is revved on the video when cold. If you look in the comments this is questioned and the answer given was that it was only 4000rpm and warmed up prior to this. Maybe right. Probably not.