Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cup 430 Club - Page 16 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Cup 430 Club

BatMobile

Definitely some 430 Cup FE’s sold in UK,

This one was at Central in the summer, but not a great deal of benefit over a standard 430Cup, same as the 25, 49 and 79, all cosmetic 

F952A0EA-680A-4D4E-A466-7F24B0D9C23F.jpeg

• Love 1

I was told by b&c they couldn’t order in dealer stock of 430 FEs. I’m guessing they wanted to protect residuals for that model.

that’s why we saw 390/420 versions available immediately from dealers.

there might have been the odd exception where someone cancelled an order.

3 hours ago, Troyboy said:

It's a shame Lotus didnt put a few 430 Cup FEs out to dealers with some more unusual colours. I would find it hard to resist this airforce blue car.

LOTUS-Exige-CUP-430-Fianl-Edition-Airforce-Blue-8-2-1030x773.jpg

That looks stunning 😍 

I tried to order a new Cup 430FE back in September but I was told that there weren’t any build slots available as they had all been allocated. Luckily a used one came up which I snapped up pretty quickly and it saved me about £20k on the price of a new one. I did originally really want one in Vivid green but I realised pretty quickly that the Cup 430’s are so rare you can’t be too fussy you’ve just gotta snap one up if you want one and one comes up for sale. Saying that I wouldn’t have brought one in a colour that I didn’t like but I realised that holding out for one in Vivid green as much as I wanted one in that colour may take years or never happen plus I’m not that patient. I actually prefer the Pewter grey now so it’s worked out well but not what I’d originally anticipated buying. 

I wouldn’t have been too concerned about the engine in that Type 25 that was for sale on Collecting Cars with 200 track miles. I would have been more concerned about the gearbox if it hadn’t been given time to warm up properly before being hammered but who really knows how it was treated? What I would say (too late now because it’s sold) is that if you really wanted a car as rare as a Cup430 Type 25 you can always get an engine and/or gearbox refreshed. I know it wouldn’t be cheap but it would given you peace of mind if you were that worried about it. I’ve just found the pics of the car and it looked to be in amazing condition. A car like that will go up in value eventually so depending on how long you owned it for you’d probably get your money back or make money on it if you ever sold it. 

I was gutted at first that I couldn’t get a new build slot for a Cup430FE but the previous owner of my car had done a fantastic job of preparing the car for sale including getting all of the suspension changed for new under warranty because it was starting to rust.

I was extremely lucky to find one with such a great previous owner. The car is a 2018 with 12,000 miles on it including several track days but it had been very well cared for and it’s just like new or better because any/all teething problems from the factory have been ironed out. Plus the previous owner had done the mirrors which was the first mod on my to do list 👍

Keep an eye out @Troyboyand I’m sure another Cup430 will come up eventually if that’s what you really want, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you anyway buddy 🤞

• Like 1

Simplify, then add lightness

Cheers Mitch. You are right of course these cars are as rare as hens teeth. You're Pewter grey car is one of the best colours. I love my 350 Sport but I do like the exclusivity of the Cup cars. I'm in no rush. I will know the right car when it comes along. Thanks for your comments. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mitch Foden-Clarke said:

I tried to order a new Cup 430FE back in September but I was told that there weren’t any build slots available as they had all been allocated. Luckily a used one came up which I snapped up pretty quickly and it saved me about £20k on the price of a new one. I did originally really want one in Vivid green but I realised pretty quickly that the Cup 430’s are so rare you can’t be too fussy you’ve just gotta snap one up if you want one and one comes up for sale. Saying that I wouldn’t have brought one in a colour that I didn’t like but I realised that holding out for one in Vivid green as much as I wanted one in that colour may take years or never happen plus I’m not that patient. I actually prefer the Pewter grey now so it’s worked out well but not what I’d originally anticipated buying. 

Same story here. Wanted to order Cup 430FE in September and few dealers said that there are no free slots for... um... almost a year 🤣 But I was on a central european market, so LHD cars. Managed to get (still waiting for it...) an "exige orange" color with the anthracite wheels... it was actually cancelled order by one of their customers. So if you want 430CUP, just forget about configuring the car. Get one as soon as available. Used one is a great deal. I wouldn't mind few track miles. As said before, tracked cars usually get more love (read: services and quality parts) from their owners.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Actually I have a full set of new Cup 2’s but as I have 2 sets of wheels wanted to put some more Road biased tyres on my road wheels.

However it seems you can not buy any other tyre in the correct sizes except Cup 2’s,. 

Michelin PS4S would have been ideal 

Well, komo-tec has more track biases tyres on stock, correct. 

I checked the other pages where I usually buy rubber from and it seems there are some road biased tyres on stock in europe. I was checking 215/265 dimension. There is pilot sport 4, pzero, continentals…

There is no PS4 (that would be the best for the road) on stock. 

Costco in Croyon have the rear Michelin 285/30 ZR18 97 (Y) PILOT SPORT CUP 2 XL CONNECT for £316 each and the front Michelin 215/45 ZR17 91 (Y) PILOT SPORT CUP 2 XL CONNECT for £128 each.  Highly recommend Costco. Next time I will search out MPS4S but don't do the non sports MP4S, I have them on my daily and they are a bit squidgy, nice ride though but I don't think tyre walls are stiff enough. 

Edited by Bispal

OMG, you are right, no combos for the 285 dimension 😐

There is only Federal 595 RS-R available. I was very happy with it on my daily RWD car as a summer tire. Its semi-slick, but not so bad for the rain. What about 235/40 for the rear? It's listed in my vehicle homologation as an alternative dimension.