Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dreaded spanner symbol. - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Dreaded spanner symbol.

Took the car for a spin today. The spanner symbol came on. Disappeared after 20 seconds. 
Had a 100 mile blast. Got home and washed and dried and turned on again for 20 mins or so to dry all the internals and get the fans hot. 
Spanner appeared again for 20 seconds. 

thoughts?

33 minutes ago, Kristof Thys said:

I was under the impression that 'the spanner codes' are not standard obd2 readable codes? 

^^^^This^^^^

The spanner code is a minor issue that can only be read by Lotus Techcentre. Any serious OBDII readable faults will put in the engine light. 

If the car is running fine, I wouldn’t worry about the spanner. It was probably a sensor hiccup. It will probably clear itself after a certain number of starts. (5?)

For me it turned out to be a coolant reservoir+cap leak and therefore showing me the spanner symbol. I took it to lotus and they identified the problem right away from the spanner and identified the problem.

They ordered a new reservoir+cap and all is good now.

I purchased a Veepeak OBDCheck BLE OBD2 Bluetooth from Amazon last night, should be here today.

Planning to use in conjunction with Torque Pro. Will let you know what it's like.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/01/2020 at 14:16, DrTroy said:

I purchased a Veepeak OBDCheck BLE OBD2 Bluetooth from Amazon last night, should be here today.

Planning to use in conjunction with Torque Pro. Will let you know what it's like.

When @BAS got the spanner at the track this past weekend we used my OBD reader and it didn't pull up any errors. Then we headed to the garage pit next door over to Lotus (they were at the track that day) and they connected their computer to his car and were able to find a bunch of random issues.