Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1976 Elite restoration. - Page 37 - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1976 Elite restoration.

I've used Machine Mart covers - they aren't completely waterproof but reasonably durable and pretty cheap.  OK if your car won't be outdoors for too long.  I've never had a cover that will stand the ultraviolet outdoors in the summer - they've just dropped to bits.

Pete

I’d be wary of covering the paint for too long as they can cause blistering of the paint which costs a fortune to rectify. An outdoor Carcoon can be a solution but they’re quite costly even on eBay as a used item. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all , fitted carbs after sending them to Eurocarb for rebuild. Was a bit of a pig to start.  Found coil was not at its best.  That’s now sorted.  Also I replaced the “ O” rings that are between carbs and inlet manifold.   Don’t know if anyone has replaced the Lotus aluminium thick ones using two “O” rings , to a single “O” ring in centre of a thin aluminium plate , around 1.5mm thick.  It brings carbs around 4/5 mm closer to manifold.  But seems not to make any difference to running.  
Can any tell me what the fuel pressure should be regulated to , into carbs please.  I have replaced original electric pump with  upto date one.  

Tony 

Congratulations Tony, on your restart ! How exciting.

It would be a good idea to use a relay for your fans that way only a small amount of electricity goes through your switch and the electrical load is taken up by the relay which should be mounted close to your fans.

cheers,

Richard

Need some help please.  
fitting doors and catchers, think I’ve sorted that but now trying to fit the strips with the glass brushes on.  Question one , What clip attaches the internal brush holder to door card ? Also the outer set , how are the attached to the door ? Notice there is a series of holes  through fibre glass door edge. 
IMG_9923.jpeg.bf75d6d8e3349ce5eb0edc2a437c3c06.jpeg

IMG_9922.jpeg

IMG_9921.jpeg

Tony 

Found this in workshop manual 

Dont know what item E is , says LADAC. Google comes back with  Local Alcohol and Drugs Abuse Councillors. 
Guess there is five clips attached to door edge to push trim over. If 

IMG_9924.jpeg

Tony 

Regarding the alternative carb isolator plates I see no reason not to use them instead of the originals. What one should not ever use are aftermarket plastic versions of the original style plates which will readily melt in the event of a carb backfire.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, drdoom said:

Regarding the alternative carb isolator plates I see no reason not to use them instead of the originals. What one should not ever use are aftermarket plastic versions of the original style plates which will readily melt in the event of a carb backfire.

Hi drdoom, 

I have fitted them, just had to nip the carbs up until they weren’t sucking in air. Not been on the road yet, car has done around 500 yards. No problem 

• Like 1

Tony 

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening, technical question, how do you start your Elites? Do you give it choke instantly when turning key or pull choke out once engine has fired up.  
Mine doesn’t fire up easily at the moment.  Has fuel and spark at plugs , but it likes to churn over rather then fire. 

Tony