Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1976 Elite restoration. - Page 42 - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

1976 Elite restoration.

Yes, it IS a long time since you let me have the dash vents! Congrats on getting your car up and running. I know you have had your ups and downs with it but hopefully you will get a lot of enjoyment out of it now. Especially going into the summer. Ive been driving my Eclat around at the moment and still get lots of admiring glances and comments.

Happy Motoring.  :driving:

• Thanks 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well that didn’t last long. After a wet Friday the engine would not fire up at all.  Just turning over.  So Saturday I warmed the distributor with hair dryer, it started no problem.  I did the same this morning ( no rain) again warm air blown towards dizzy, again started.  
Does the dizzy need an electric blanket over night 😂

Plus today the speedo failed 🥴AND also while trimming the screen pillar near side , door open , my crazy Border Collie came racing round the corner and crashed into the door. 
The door now opens 90 degrees , somehow his damaged to steel door check.  
Nightmare of a day. 

• Sad 1

Tony 

did you try to start it before warming? Could that have been inconsequential?

Hope the dog is OK? :) 

It's getting there......

1 hour ago, TAR said:

did you try to start it before warming? Could that have been inconsequential?

Hope the dog is OK? :) 

Bob the dog has a head of steel. 
Sorry yes did try to start it first  

Today fitted new leads, see how it goes tomorrow  

0e0d9ba3-abea-4919-a59b-f78af11c1c8e_Original.jpeg

• Love 2

Tony 

Heat usually makes stuff expand as well as removing condensation/damp. Maybe a bad connection helped by heat? :) 

• Like 1

It's getting there......

Another small problem now I’m driving. Indicator lights on dash , on my setup the steering wheel blanks them out. 
Ordered a buzzer to help , if I can hear it being an older person. 

IMG_0506.jpeg

Tony 

"Another small problem now I’m driving. Indicator lights on dash , on my setup the steering wheel blanks them out."

Same with the 2.2s. I plan to piggy back 2 LEDs to indicator dash lights located somewhere visible.

• Like 1

My plan - although it will be one of the last things I do - is to have a small, discrete display between the speedo and tacho - probably driven by a Raspberry Pi - allowing all warnings/information to be displayed there.  I've got a list of 23 items that I'd like to display so far!

The other thing I don't like about the dash is the off-centre location - that will have to change.

Pete

• Like 2