Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Jonas S1 restoration - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Jonas S1 restoration

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What someone is prepared to pay. As you cant get them you can ask what you want and wait. I would say minimum  £500 judging buy the other prices I have paid for parts!

I would buy them, but my recent nisfortunes have skinted me! 😄😄😄😄

3 hours ago, Jonas said:

what would be an acceptable price for the vegli dials?

Don't sell them. They are quintessential to the S1. No other Lotus has them. It is a small detail that makes up the whole.

And you will be staring at the instruments an awful lot...why not gaze at these rare beauties? 

Justin 

• Thanks 1

Agree with Justin, to many S1’s lost their parts over the years through upgrades keeping up with newer models, you don’t have to use them just keep them with the car for the future in case you sell. They are only original once and rare these days.

I had a S1 which was given the Turbo look during the 80’s, reversing that now would be hard but still possible.

959F655D-F266-4607-8A67-F9F1A4FF24DC.thumb.jpeg.f696beeab4dea34d69863cf853b9cea4.jpeg

Mind if you do decide to sell original parts anyway despite good advice then PM me as certainly interested for a future purchase I have in mind. 😉

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

On 01/03/2020 at 19:36, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Agree with Justin, to many S1’s lost their parts over the years through upgrades keeping up with newer models, you don’t have to use them just keep them with the car for the future in case you sell. They are only original once and rare these days.

I had a S1 which was given the Turbo look during the 80’s, reversing that now would be hard but still possible.

959F655D-F266-4607-8A67-F9F1A4FF24DC.thumb.jpeg.f696beeab4dea34d69863cf853b9cea4.jpeg

Mind if you do decide to sell original parts anyway despite good advice then PM me as certainly interested for a future purchase I have in mind. 😉

Dave :) 

Looks a lot like mine,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finlandese said:

It´s a big job to convert a Turbo looker back to stock. Ask me how I know... 😄 http://www.eyeballproducts.com/Lotus/Esprit.html

Jeez! Yes my rearend is also cut in front of the spoiler, always thought it was a Bolt on, and my engine is missing, Come  to think of it, mine could actually be a partscar.  

No decided,  my Lotus will be classic on the out and modern in the in.

Make me an offer for the veglia dials.

Edited by Jonas
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, I wont use them so I feel its better they go to someone who need them instead of gathering dust and fall apart on a shelf in my less than humid free garage.

with that said, I wont give them away, I know their value.

Edited by Jonas

• 2 weeks later...

A pig to get out but in good condition, no rustwelding required, one piece of sheetmetal in the rear has previously been cut out, that will be replaced, just a clean and new paint, thinking 2coats of epoxy primer and 2 coats of raptor bedliner?

_20200329_093046.JPG

3hours later...

_20200329_092957.JPG

Edited by Jonas
  • Like 1

Does anyone have a great tip for shocks? I'd love coilovers but not sure if that's available.

Will replace all bushings and joints.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Jonas said:

Guess this is why they were modified.

_20200501_122943.JPG

Do I Keep the Shells when installing poly bushings?

More information please, which poly bushes are to be used?

You may need to get those front lower wishbones modified if they weren't originally called back in the 197/80's.

Before fitting bushes. See my restoration thread for some more details.

Good effort on the chassis. Nice to see you using paint rather than powder coating.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drdoom said:

More information please, which poly bushes are to be used?

The ones from Sjsportscars, all bushings.

4 hours ago, Fridge said:

You may need to get those front lower wishbones modified if they weren't originally called back in the 197/80's.

Before fitting bushes. See my restoration thread for some more details.

Good effort on the chassis. Nice to see you using paint rather than powder coating.

Yes they I'll do the mod, would be helpful if someone could provide me with the measurements of the tube to be welded in, bushings are ordered but No idea when they Will arrive.

Jonas, my approach was to go with OEM type steel/rubber bushes, therefore selecting the weld-in tube for modifying the arm was a simple matter of judging desired interference fit to the bush OD. This was left to my fabricator chap and was some time ago so I'm confident there will be no recollection of sizing. On the other hand is it reasonable to speculate that the Metalastic folks sized these OEM bushes' OD for fit into a readily available, common steel tube, or would it be the other way around? Vaguely , vaguely I recall that the assurance of secure fit may have come down to the closing up of the welding as it cooled, so perhaps the latter relationship? Cannot say with certainty, perhaps SJ may be willing to provide advice.

• Like 1

As there probably where not any polyurethan bushings around when the decision was made to upgrade the arms.

Could I get away with just mounting Opel  Polybushings ?