IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I see that the Govt has finally issued a paper relating to a no-deal Brexit which, if I read it correctly, one of the items states that whilst UK drivers may need international driving licences a cross the EU, the UK govt has no intention of requiring the same from EU drivers visiting the UK.

Now normally I don’t support “tit for tat” responses but in this case, if the EU intend to toughen up their stance with UK visitors then why shouldn’t we do the same.

Foreign drivers in this country already get away with not paying the Darford tolls due to the reluctance of the company responsible for the toll to inform them how to pay (signs are only in English and assume you know how to pay) and to chase them. 

On 25/08/2018 at 12:00, C8RKH said:

As an example of how skewed and biased the reporting is, the BBC interviewed the owner of Cawston Press, a soft drinks manufacturer that uses predominantly locally grown fruit that is pressed etc.

It was all doom and gloom about how Brexit is going to make his life harder and cost his company money through extra VAT/Import and admin charges.

Now, if the BBC interviewer had a half brain and used those powers of thought it provided, the next questions could be:

1. But with the fall in the price of the pound, whilst that makes it more expensive for you to buy in ingredients from abroad, it makes your finished product more competitive overseas from a price point perspective, so, arguably could the impact really be cost neutral overall?

2. The pound in our pocket (the consumers) is still worth a pound. So compared to the competition in the UK from abroad, the likes of San Pelegrino with their overpriced tin foil topped cans of fizzy fruit juice, does that not present you with an ideal opportunity to compete on price and quality and capture significantly more UK market share to drive and boost your profits and cash flow? Plus, San Pelegrino make less profit to take home when the pound is low so the UK market becomes less attractive to them.

3. You have the opportunity to replicaet your business, using the business and market know how you have collected here in the UK, in any other European country. What is stopping you from setting up in a similarly country with good fruit agriculture, say Poland, Romania etc. and use that to take a locally produced product within the EU to the market in the EU?  After all, any profits you make would be in Euro's which would be worth more when you brought the profit back to the UK due to the lower pound value.

I've never said it is going to be an easy ride. But here is the rub for me. You can either sit back and hold your head in your hands and say it is not fair. It is not what I voted for.The decision was not right for me. Or you can jump up off your arse, accept that what is being presented is an opportunity, and put together a plan and a strategy to make it work and succeed. You can do that if you are a private business, a public business, or an individual. Or of course you can sit and cry into your spilt milk.

So, if I owned Cawstons Press I'd be thinking great, I can finally push out the San Pelegrino's of this world and replace their stock shelf space with my better, locally sourced and produced, cheaper, products.  The added advantage for the eco warriors out there is that we stop needlessly moving stuff like this huge distances across land, sea and air and do something good for the environment. The big win is that the consumer cocks who insist on buying bottled water imported from abroad will hopefully finally wake up how they have been scammed out of thousands for years...

So, Negative and un-accepting attitude = not my fault and life's just unfair and it's all your fault as I'm the victim in this. Or.  Positive and accepting attitude = I'm a winner and we're going to make this work so let's work together to make it work.

I know which approach I find the most appealing and which is likely to produce the best outcome. Two fooking years after the referendum and still people cannot just accept the democratic vote and continue to whinge, usurp and complain. For crying out loud. Unbelievable.

Well said.

23 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

The EU can kiss my arse.

come on Boris - oust May and get Trumping 💪🥊

Why does Reece-mog look so unappealing when he talks so measured/informed and with facts!! I’d vote for him despite his lack of charisma and we all know a lot of people vote for people with more charisma.  Cameron/Miliband point in question.

• Gold FFM

Yep - Mogg is a simply superb and Intelligent political man. He answers every question posed to him with great skill and finesse.

id like a trumpesque rough arse to stick two fingers up and rattle the EU elite. I really don’t think it’d take much rattling to really upset the EU apple cart and put them all into a tail spin of ripping each other to bits

Only here once

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Yep - Mogg is a simply superb and Intelligent political man. He answers every question posed to him with great skill and finesse.

id like a trumpesque rough arse to stick two fingers up and rattle the EU elite. I really don’t think it’d take much rattling to really upset the EU apple cart and put them all into a tail spin of ripping each other to bits

Think Raab did that earlier today when he said no threat, just a statement of fact the no deal means no payment.

Junckers must have spat his wine all over the floor at lunch...

Speaking of Junckers we have Macron saying Non to the undemocratic processs of appointing his successor.

Both Poland and Hungary are outside of the Headmasters office and Swedens making noises.

It's all kicking off and meanwhile to the East Putin is riding his tanks bareback.

Hasn't been this much fun since 'Allo 'Allo!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

That's actually great news as my son is looking to buy next year. 20 years old and he"s saved £20k towards his deposit already as he chose to work rather than ponce about at Uni doing a degree in the sexual habits of sea urchins or one of the myriad other useless degrees youngsters waste their time and their parents money on these days.  He should get a great deal...

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Brexit Blocking C***s?

• Like 2

The small print.

• Gold FFM

We might need special driving licenses and even 6 months left on our passport to go to Europe.

now - maybe I’m confused - but all the folks arriving in dingys and boats from Africa aren’t bring any passports with them???

oh and while we are at it - let’s talk about the crime and chaos on the streets of Germany and Sweden that’s being hugely suppressed by the media 

Only here once

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

The EU can kiss my arse.

come on Boris - oust May and get Trumping 💪🥊

Seriously, Barry.  How could you want Boris as a PM?  He is a buffoon concerned about no one's interests but his own.  Mind you, Rees-Mogg is a definite election loser  I can't see him capturing the public's interest.

The problem is, as I see it, is that the vote to leave was a vote against the EU but not a vote for a post-Brexit system.  The leavers campaigning didn't give specifics of what stance the UK should take if we were to leave.  So we are in this mess.

• Like 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Plenty of nice places to holiday in the UK. Great roads too. And you don't even need a passport for the IoM.  These summers we are having thanks to global warming are a huge boost too.

• Like 2

The small print.

• Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, USAndretti42 said:

Seriously, Barry.  How could you want Boris as a PM?  He is a buffoon concerned about no one's interests but his own.  Mind you, Rees-Mogg is a definite election loser  I can't see him capturing the public's interest.

The problem is, as I see it, is that the vote to leave was a vote against the EU but not a vote for a post-Brexit system.  The leavers campaigning didn't give specifics of what stance the UK should take if we were to leave.  So we are in this mess.

Here’s the specifics that most leavers voted for 

🖕 to the EU.

weve had enough. Our country has been forced to its knees - raped and pillaged by the cancerous EU. They even paid to close the ford transit factory and move it to Turkey - WTF?

this undemocratic eu crap needs to end. The governments propaganda remain leaflet to every home was very clear and exacting. Bye bye Merkel et al

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Couldn’t agree more @C8RKH 

we need a politician leading this that says - no deal no problem WTO rules. Cheers

ps - any funny bullshit retaliation crap like driving licences etc - that will be met with exactly the same from us.

once the uncertainty is over - we will be back to normal

Only here once

BBC news also reported that Roaming charges will be going up costing everyone who uses them a fortune after Brexit. They just forgot to mention that EE, Three, Vodafone and O2 have no plans to put roaming charges up!

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/will-additional-eu-roaming-charges-return-after-brexit

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, Barrykearley said:

So the BBC was reporting utter bollox then - Gosh 😱 how I’m shocked and surprised 

Talking of bollox , I couldn't believe my ears when the BBC reported that women undergoing fertility treatments could be in jeopardy, as sperm from Scandinavian sperm banks would get stuck in customs.

• Haha 1

And, to really hit you in the goolies, we are forced to pay an annual fee to support all of this BBC drivel. :angry:

We should have a referendum asking whether the BBC should exist or not