IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/08/2019 at 10:26, C8RKH said:

can't stand even seeing Corbyn now in a picture. He has one agenda item which is himself appointed as PM by any means, democratic or otherwise.

A 5th columnist ..     

18 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I only need two. One to put Corbyn in and one to put McDonald in. Leave off the lid so they can breathe etc but job done.

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...

Boris Johnson is just a puppet. His strings are being pulled by that small bunch of old fart “ERG” Tory backbenchers, whose sole purpose of serving in Parliament is to make the UK leave the EU without a deal. They desperately needed BJ as a popular figurehead.

At least Theresa May had a bit of dignity and tried to do things the right way. Now that BJ has been manipulated by the ERG into No. 10, they will attempt whatever dirty tricks they feel necessary to make us exit the EU with no deal on 31 October. You could see the glee in Rees-Mogg’s eyes as he headed back to Aberdeen airport after meeting the Queen at Balmoral. Like a schoolboy, who has just got away with a naughty prank. 

BJ really is the buffoon everyone thinks he is. Even Trump knows this. Trump wants to weaken America’s competitors and by encouraging BJ to leave the EU without a deal, he can damage both the EU and the UK. As for a future US / UK trade deal? Our new Prime Minister hopes that the US consumers are going to be queuing round the block to get their hands on Melton Mowbray pork pies and English wine. In return we’ll probably be inundated with chlorine washed chicken and GM crops. Honestly, you couldn’t make it up!

• Thanks 1

All of what you say is correct, but the key thing is that Jacob Rees-Mogg , Graham Brady (chairman 1922 committee), Peter Bone and all the other grey suit ERG Euro-sceptic Tories never wanted a deal. May’s proposed deal endangered this outcome, so they repeatedly voted it down alongside the remainers, who just didn’t want to leave full stop. Hence we are where we are, years later. It’s a grotesque mess, but don’t think we’ve got here by accident. It’s pretty much all been choreographed from behind the scenes. I’ll be amazed if we don’t now leave without a deal on 31 October.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

All of what you say is correct, but the key thing is that Jacob Rees-Mogg , Graham Brady (chairman 1922 committee), Peter Bone and all the other grey suit ERG Euro-sceptic Tories never wanted a deal. May’s proposed deal endangered this outcome, so they repeatedly voted it down alongside the remainers, who just didn’t want to leave full stop. Hence we are where we are, years later. It’s a grotesque mess, but don’t think we’ve got here by accident. It’s pretty much all been choreographed from behind the scenes. I’ll be amazed if we don’t now leave without a deal on 31 October.

The only thing I disagree with you on is that you seem to be implying that all choreography has all been from the ERG which, if I can be frank, is total bollocks. Jeana Miller and many others, both inside and outside of Parliament, have been dancing to their own tune to ensure we did not leave, never mind leaving with or without a deal. The carnage from the accident is the result of two sides who refused to come together, for the good of the nation, and to implement the democratic decision of the people of the UK. Remember, the question we asked was never about "a deal", it was should we leave or remain a part of the EU. The rest is the carnage from the unwillingness to accept the result (remain) and the unwillingness to compromise (ERG).  Both sides as culpable and guilty yet one still thinks they are holier than the other!

And if the Speaker had actually done his duty, without prejudice and with impartiality then maybe he would have prevented what we have now. He is a disgrace, in my very humble opinion, to the position and will not be well remembered by the history books.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yes, my post refers solely to the ERG and 1922 Committee manipulation of the Tory leadership to get to the stage we are at now, i.e. seemingly staring down the barrel of a no deal Brexit in two months time.

Of course factions on the other side have tried to derail Brexit, but their efforts have tended to be knee-jerk reactions to events, rather than the long game played ultimately successfully by the ERG under the guidance of Dominic Cummings.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Yes, my post refers solely to the ERG and 1922 Committee manipulation of the Tory leadership to get to the stage we are at now, i.e. seemingly staring down the barrel of a no deal Brexit in two months time.

Of course factions on the other side have tried to derail Brexit, but their efforts have tended to be knee-jerk reactions to events, rather than the long game played ultimately successfully by the ERG under the guidance of Dominic Cummings.

Sorry but totally disagree. Since the result the "other side" have sought to campaign and derail Brexit from the start. Not sure why you cannot see that.  The fact we are staring down the barrel of the gun now is 3 years in the making.  Your point is a bit like blaming your last cigarette for the fact that you are lying their dying of lung cancer, ignoring the 30 a day for the past 30 years as being relevant. However, I may be miss understanding you so apologies.

The small print.

So, Parliament is closed and the EU finally see that a no deal Brexit is absolutely on the cards. We get some movement on the backstop and hey presto as deal is ready to be done. You still think the ERG will manipulate for a no deal exit? Genuine question. I'm getting to close to just putting my head in a bucket of sand till it is all over....

The small print.

remainers insist that we can’t have a no deal Brexit, but they don’t say what deal they want for Brexit

media never follow up rants from those saying no deal is catastrophe with a question of what kind of Brexit deal would actually be approved by Parliament 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

If we were to leave without a deal and Scotland then got independence (Cheerio and good luck), Imagine how big Boris's majority would become.........:whistle:

SNP = 35

Lab = 07

Lib Dem = 04 = total of 46 less opposition MPs.

Tory's lose 13 - overall gain of Majority by 33

dum dee dum

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

2 minutes ago, oilmagnet477 said:

If we were to leave without a deal and Scotland then got independence (Cheerio and good luck), Imagine how big Boris's majority would become.........:whistle:

SNP = 35

Lab = 07

Lib Dem = 04 = total of 46 less opposition MPs.

Tory's lose 13 - overall gain of Majority by 33

dum dee dum

Ah, you have uncovered the real agenda of the ERA.... :)

The small print.

1 minute ago, Buddsy said:

What cake does the UK Gov want? A free tade deal without paying?

I think you mentioned it in your earlier post: free trade with the EU, BUT no freedom of movement. EU’s never going to allow that. Not paying would be the cherry on the top of the cake from a UK Gov point of view. I think even many Remainers would vote for that deal!