Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 59 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

BBC gets a bashing from MP's on it's Brexit coverage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39335904

"A group of 72 MPs have written to the BBC accusing it of being pessimistic and skewed in its Brexit coverage - in the months since the vote on the EU."

BBC response:

A BBC spokesman said: "While we are always live to our critics and understand that passions are running high on all sides of the debate, it is the job of the BBC to scrutinise and analyse the issues on behalf of the public and to hold politicians to account across the political spectrum.

"That is what the BBC has been doing. It is what the BBC will continue to do. It is precisely because of this, that the public trusts the BBC."

Looks like they going to ignore the criticism

:) 

It's getting there......

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, here's a classic example of a misleading BBC headline. Instead of it reading something like: "Independent Scotland risks a hit to its economy", oh, no, it's a deliberate pro-independence quote.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39330702

Margate Exotics.

An example of how the BBC try to distort peoples' views.

On BBC East last night they visited the Port of Felixstowe and reported that when Brexit happens every single container coming into the country will have to undergo customs and other checking before it can be allowed to leave the port. They highlighted the amount of extra burden which will be placed upon the port and industry in general after Brexit. They also alluded to extra investment being needed to satisfy this burden in systems and people. Nope, wrong again, the systems are already there!

Well, first of all Mr BBC you need to understand that you should get your facts together before such misleading reporting. The Port of Felixstowe imports 70% of containers from outside of the EU and these containers already go through the checks that were alluded to. During the report the BBC did show a graph of where the imports come from but only flashed it on the screen very briefly and they never verbally referred to it.

Now Mr BBC, tell us that your reporting is not slanted and biased!

This issue of import customs and tariffs etc has been used by all the Remain media. Its nonsense. It is up to the UK what we do with imports. There is no need to do any more checking than we currently do, or impose tarrifs, unless we actually want to.

Not sure if anyone else saw the special Question Time last night. 

David Davies wiped the floor with the lot of them. Every point they raised he has a calmly reasoned answer for. Clegg was an absolute disgrace. He admitted that, as DD pointed out, if we have another referendum on the deal on offer, the EU will deliberately give us the worst possible deal in order that the people might reject it and we have to remain. Thats exactly what he wants.

Its amazing how misinformed some remainers are. One audience member stated that the government have voted not to give EU citizens living here any rights. They have done nothing of the sort, they voted not to do this unilaterally, but negotiate as a priority issue, along with British citizens in the EU. I am not sure if these people are deliberately mis-representing the truth or are simply thick.

33 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

And while we're on the subject of the BBC, I'd like to know why my licence fee is paying for this kind of nonsense:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ws/languages

It's the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation, isn't it? Or is it?

I believe these services are paid for by central government (ie taxpayers). They are a total waste of money. Non-English communities get their news by reading or watching their own countries news sources online. Nobody looks at these BBC services. 

2 hours ago, Andyww said:

Not sure if anyone else saw the special Question Time last night. 

David Davies wiped the floor with the lot of them. Every point they raised he has a calmly reasoned answer for. Clegg was an absolute disgrace. He admitted that, as DD pointed out, if we have another referendum on the deal on offer, the EU will deliberately give us the worst possible deal in order that the people might reject it and we have to remain. Thats exactly what he wants.

Its amazing how misinformed some remainers are. One audience member stated that the government have voted not to give EU citizens living here any rights. They have done nothing of the sort, they voted not to do this unilaterally, but negotiate as a priority issue, along with British citizens in the EU. I am not sure if these people are deliberately mis-representing the truth or are simply thick.

Was it just me or were they once again loading the audience in favour of remain when they should have had a representative number meaning more leavers?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Haha  Kimbers   :rofl:  What the BBC in favour of the remain group,   never !  What they need to do is stick the TV license up their backside as they are way to byass politicly and it stinks :rant:

A

• Gold FFM

Couldn't believe the press and news earlier - legsit....... ffs - both are old boots ( and the Scottish ones a male witch I'm convinced ) let em get on with business.

• Like 1

Only here once

I thought it was a perfect Daily Mail headline.:The bleating from the feministas was very satisfying to listen to, if a little predictable after the first few had their rant. Do they want to be complimented on their looks, or not? Either way it seems it's not right.

They need to shit, or get off the pot.

Margate Exotics.

And of course women never "discuss" the looks or clothes of other women or comment amongst themselves about blokes?

Glad the letter is done. Now the real work begins and this is going to be brutal. Europe needs us. We need Europe. The reset of the terms of our relationship will be difficult to agree. However, we need to focus positively on a successful outcome and move on from complaining about the decision and bitching amongst ourselves.

The BBC has the opportunity to be the Great British Broadcasting Company, but only if it can move on itself and provide the unbiased, high quality analysis and investigative journalism that it used to be held in high tegard for across the world. Don't hold your breath, but...

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, ian29gte said:

They need to shit, or get off the pot.

Keep your fetishes such as this and teabagging to yourself please

• Like 1

Only here once

the EU is so bitter about this.......they are going to try so much to get retribution......I can just feel it coming......

oh and the £50billion  they want for us to leave.......yeah right.........go forth an multiply....(oh and take Scotland with you.....)

• Like 2

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

To be honest, from a competition point of view this makes sense and maybe the timing is just unfortunate - it's not all a conspiracy!

I'm happy to see an independent, locally owned and run London Stock Exchange.  Instead of seeking a European "super merger" I'd like to see the LSE now go on an aggressive acquisition and growth spree, acquiring Stock Exchanges in emerging markets and large established non European markets.  This would allow the LSE to bring much needed governance and credibility to some of these markets, help to "tidy up" their operations and provide and project a sphere of influence and growth from a UK perspective. That would help UK businesses to acquire and grow in those areas to and to list local subsidiaries to help with trade etc.

I'm tired of seeing large UK organisations and institutions being merged into and acquired by European and other entities whilst our attempts to reciprocate with theirs are always rebuked due to local protectionist agendas. it's time we grew some balls and started to buy again rather than being bought (and do not for one minute assume the German deal would have seen power stay in London long term - total rollocks that thought).

It's time to get some balls, get some vision, and grow and project ourselves on the global stage again. We've defended our shores for the last 103 years. Now it is time for us to attack!

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

To be honest, from a competition point of view this makes sense and maybe the timing is just unfortunate - it's not all a conspiracy!

I'm happy to see an independent, locally owned and run London Stock Exchange.  Instead of seeking a European "super merger" I'd like to see the LSE now go on an aggressive acquisition and growth spree, acquiring Stock Exchanges in emerging markets and large established non European markets.  This would allow the LSE to bring much needed governance and credibility to some of these markets, help to "tidy up" their operations and provide and project a sphere of influence and growth from a UK perspective. That would help UK businesses to acquire and grow in those areas to and to list local subsidiaries to help with trade etc.

I'm tired of seeing large UK organisations and institutions being merged into and acquired by European and other entities whilst our attempts to reciprocate with theirs are always rebuked due to local protectionist agendas. it's time we grew some balls and started to buy again rather than being bought (and do not for one minute assume the German deal would have seen power stay in London long term - total rollocks that thought).

It's time to get some balls, get some vision, and grow and project ourselves on the global stage again. We've defended our shores for the last 103 years. Now it is time for us to attack!

Last time you lot attacked you ended up with an Aussie leading the charge. Take more care next time, eh?

Margate Exotics.

Oi, Frenchy (Margate, that's in Normandy right?)  I'll have you know I am a fully birth certificate proven bonafide englishman who just happens to live in Scotlandshire for now!

(Oh, and actually, for the record, the wee little short arse git was actually born in New York. That's in America don't you know...)

The small print.

57 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Oi, Frenchy (Margate, that's in Normandy right?)  I'll have you know I am a fully birth certificate proven bonafide englishman who just happens to live in Scotlandshire for now!

(Oh, and actually, for the record, the wee little short arse git was actually born in New York. That's in America don't you know...)

An American? That's even worse.

Margate Exotics.