Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 60 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

I only wish they would of sent that one Barry it would of been top notch to see his face if that was how the real letter had been written,  imagine that baby coming out the fax machine in the dim whits office :P

• Like 1

A

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corbyn makes me f**king laugh!

"we're going to hold the Govt to account over Brexit"

If he'd shown some balls earlier we probably wouldn't be leaving.

As it is, I know for one who I'd rather have in charge of the negotiations.

The population voted to leave, in spite of all the nay sayers saying it would never happen, Teresa May has at the very least, signed the letter to start the process.

What I can't believe is how many so called 'democratic politicians'  have gone out of their way to try to scupper this happening.

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

The BBC Brexit Question Time the other night was a classic. If Clegg ever needs evidence as to why he is NOT a major political force he just needs to watch himself on that. He seems to be being wielded out in interviews all week. No idea why him. He is a total failure and delivered nothing but defeat and disilusionment for his party. So why is he suddenley so relevant? You can see the bitterness over Brexit written large across his face. I'd have total respect for him if rather than bleating on about the decision and talking about how awful it all was he actually came up with constructive positive stuff instead of cheap point scoring. People need to understand the decision has been made. So stop trying to change it. Get positive. Help to make it a success. It is exactly the same with Sturgeon and the SNP. I'm so sick of her staccato style of bitching and moaning I actually now switch over the mews when she is on as there is nothing of value to hear over the incessant, child like, foot stamping and whinging.

Hopefully people start stoppong trying to reverse the decision and get on with making it a success.

And for all those who said about people living in fear re their status here, thr first focus of May has been to insist the rights ogf Europeans here, and Brits abroad are protecting. There is too much shooting of the bolt early going on. 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Agreed, Clegg is deranged. On the QT special he was actually trying to justify the EU demanding £50 billion and saying we should pay. What on earth was he going on about? He was saying if you leave a club you have to settle the tab. But thats only if you have not paid the bills ongoing! His performance was the most pathetic I have ever seen from any poitician on TV ever. But the BBC yesterday were wheeling out Clegg, Hestletine and even that dreadful Gina Miller.

On the subject of Gina Miller yesterday she finally let the mask slip when the said in an interview that parliament "Didnt respond the way we wanted them to" when they were given a vote on Brexit, thus finally admitting that the whole point of her legal action was to stop brexit. She tried to backtrack but was unable to. 

Hestletine was asked why the referendum result should be ignored, he said "Because the voters were promised £350 million a week for the NHS and that was a lie". The man evidently holds voters in total contempt if he thinks a slogan on a bus (which was not even a promise but a suggestion "lets fund our NHS") was the reason brexit won.

I'm hoping that the Remainer's noise will die down now Article 50 is in the open. And if they're so keen on remaining in Europe, they have a whole two years to move there. How hard can it be?

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Agreed. Now that the letter is gone, the shape of the negotiations are starting to become clear. Oh, and surprise surprise, the one every one was whining, whinging and bitching about- the status of EU nationals in the UK, is top of the list to be agreed first along with British nationals status in the EU.

For fcuk sake - if only those whinging little bar stewards had just waited to see what was on the table before bleating about an unknown as a fact!

The bllody welsh at it this morning re farming subsidies. Well, here's some bloody enlightenment - The UK gives the EU more money to go into the EU farming subsidy than we get out of it. Ergo, we give the EU nowt we actually have MORE money to give farmers. FFS - how hard it is to work that out as a possible option? But oh no, we have to whinge and bitch and whine and moan about the negative connotation for ever before we even consider the positive one exists.

Getting sick of it all already. Can we not just put our coats on, turn off the lights in our Brussels offices and just get the train home for the last time?  #getitdone

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, ian29gte said:

I'm hoping that the Remainer's noise will die down now Article 50 is in the open. And if they're so keen on remaining in Europe, they have a whole two years to move there. How hard can it be?

Not gonna happen. On the BBC 1 o'clock news just now they had a 10 minute anti-Brexit tirade and even interviewed some Germans one of whom mimiced putting a gun to his head and pulling the trigger. Nice.

7 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Agreed. Now that the letter is gone, the shape of the negotiations are starting to become clear. Oh, and surprise surprise, the one every one was whining, whinging and bitching about- the status of EU nationals in the UK, is top of the list to be agreed first along with British nationals status in the EU.

For fcuk sake - if only those whinging little bar stewards had just waited to see what was on the table before bleating about an unknown as a fact!

The bllody welsh at it this morning re farming subsidies. Well, here's some bloody enlightenment - The UK gives the EU more money to go into the EU farming subsidy than we get out of it. Ergo, we give the EU nowt we actually have MORE money to give farmers. FFS - how hard it is to work that out as a possible option? But oh no, we have to whinge and bitch and whine and moan about the negative connotation for ever before we even consider the positive one exists.

Getting sick of it all already. Can we not just put our coats on, turn off the lights in our Brussels offices and just get the train home for the last time?  #getitdone

We could do, but the trains are probably on strike about who shuts the doors.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

4 hours ago, Buddsy said:

There was a brexit thing on look east the other night. They are driving around in a Mini with a Union Flag on the Bonnet (I thought the Mini was German? but still)

They were at the port of Felixstowe and the man was saying all the goods coming from the EU at present doesn't get checked by customs etc so once we leave all these good would need checking and would need more customs officials.

Hmm thought I. Fair point. Then he goes on to say 1/4 of all the good arriving at Felixstowe comes from the EU.....

So I took it as thats 3/4 of all the goods coming from the rest of the world which they must already be checking for customs etc. 

So if there is no problem with MOST of the goods coming in I dont see why the BBC are fear mongering over this... :getmecoat:oh right sorry yes i do

buddsy

That report on Look East was the biggest load of bull shine I'd ever heard, although the whole thing with the mini was nothing but a joke

A % of current EU imports are randomly checked and not all ROW imports are checked since many come through "approved" agents from "approved" senders. They also eluded to the fact that imports accounted for the whole of the Port's container business which is unbelievably so far off the mark it sits alongside that penalty miss by Beckham in some tournament a few years ago.

Then, to cap it all, last night they said "Brexit will have a major negative impact on the Port of Felixstowe's business" That's all, no how and why, just an highly slanted sweeping statement. 

BBC reporters, don't make me laugh or get me started on the stupid questions that the bint who is supposed to be their political correspondent asks  :wallbash:

Come on, we are talking about Look East here, they have ravaged most of the local hospitals in East Anglia to no good effect, just driven down morale of those left trying their hardest to do a good job - personally if I ever meet Susie Fowler Twat, she'll wish she hadn't.

They are the most useless bunch of *ankers I've ever seen on TV.

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

The BBC were at it again later today. They had a 5 minute report saying that European air travel is going to fall apart the minute we leave. After all this scaremongering they mentioned in one sentence right at the end that the boss of Easyjet considers there wont be a problem at all as a replacement to the EU Open Skies agreement will easily be made simply because its in nobodys interest not to have an agreement.

• Gold FFM

That Scottish Bitch is at it again. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-39449459

i want a vote - my vote says kick them out of the uk !! Should save us £20bn. 

Only here once

The Spanish are now hoping to hold us to ransom over Gibraltar, threatening to close their airspace. Fine, off you go and do it, then. We'll just lay on a sun bed watching repeats of "Benidorm", and go elsewhere for a holiday.

Margate Exotics.

According to Wiki, tourism makes up 11% of the Spanish economy, and keeps 2 million people employed. If us Brits are capable of voting to leave the EU, then the bulldog spirit will surely prevail.

Margate Exotics.

I remember the same doomsday predictions when get got closer to year 2000...

Nuff' said.

Just don't give that woman on that tv program the attention she craves for. Simple as that.

Oh! Wait! getting out of the ec Means happy days, as you no longer have to lie flat to the ec tossers, and make Lotus sportscars with normal headlights, but can re-invent double pop-up headlights.

Happy days ;)

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

How on earth did he get elected to this position ...... Oh wait ...... that's not how the EU works is it.

Well that was a bloody stupid thing to post, no!  Here I am sat in the lounge at the Airport trying to get home for the weekend before bloody flying out again Sunday night and I'm spitting my claret all over the laptop and the woman in the seat next to mines plate of crackers and cheese, crying tears of laughter whilst watching what some stupid pillock has just posted on here.  Arrrghhhh    :thumbup:

• Like 1

The small print.

Ah Spain, one of the biggest "takers" from the EU pot and probably the most corrupt nation in the EU. You can always rely on them to pitch curved balls.

it is the European Parliament's inability to bring them in to line over the years that demonstrates why the EU's current format needs drastic reforms.

• Like 2

Due to the Italian dominance of that award, the EU created a new award to stimulate fresh interest and move the game on. The Dysfunctional Award. Only Greece and Italy in the running and it's very much a race to the bottom to see who can collect the least tax whilst racking up the highest public sector pension bill.

• Like 1

The small print.