Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Newbie - UK - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Newbie - UK

iiNNeX

Hello everyone!

Thought I'd pop over and say Hi. I am currently in the market for an Evora S and have spent the last week or so looking at buyers guides, countless youtube reviews and absorbing lumps of information from this forum. I cannot believe how under appreciated this car is, but I can only guess that is largely due to it's crazy RRP when new compared to the likes of Porsche ect. Not much choice when it comes to buying a used one though since there is only a handful of them for sale but I believe they present great value for money if you want a drivers car with minimal driving aids.

I live near Guildford in Surrey so hope to have some members reasonably close by for those early Sunday morning blasts! :)

I will start a separate post on the car I am interested in to see if people recognise it.

Thanks

Stoycho

Edited by iiNNeX
  • Like 1

welcome.....:welcome:

enjoy the search.........you'll enjoy trying them all out......

whilst you have a car in your head....Id suggest a little flexibility in specs and things.........

happy hunting.....:thumbsup: 

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Thank you mate, for sure I have open mind about any vehicle. I am not buying on spec as per say, but more on condition, mileage and general maintenance of the vehicle. A nice colour combo would be lovely but not a priority.

Although if not an SR, it needs to have all 3 packs and be a manual so that limits things again somewhat.

Ooh, an i30N Performance, nice. How are you finding that little run around? I bought an i30 CRDi a few years ago by accident (just needed something) and am now a big fan. I keep looking at the N Performance but can't quite justify the leap just yet.

Good luck with the Evora.

cheers

-Chris

Chat to Bell and Colvill, very near you. 

Re price when new. Evora is a mid-engined 2+2. There is no comparable car on the market. Closest is 911, rear engine 2+2.....I don't follow 911 list prices but suspect they are similar or more than Evora. 

Welcome to the forum. Evora is a simply stunning car, you are welcome to a ride in my NA if the world will allow us to do so....

Justin 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Welcome and happy hunting - we're a helpful bunch so you'll get a lot of useful advice on here.  I organise the monthly Newlands Corner meet and have a 2011 Evora S, so that's at least one for you to look at although it's not for sale :) 

At launch the Evora new price was between Cayman and 911, and depended on what spec you tried to compare too.  Being 2+2 made comparisons difficult and often a source of arguments, as many just discounted the benefit of +2.  For me it was a significant factor, with two young children, and the load-carrying flexibility has been fantastic (as you can see in my profile pic). 

Godfrey Ryan's black 2012 (MY12) S IPS went up for sale on the Facebook Evora Owners group last week - he's in Brighton.

And there's a nice one in the Classifieds on here, which is in Scotland but may be worth the trek as it is clearly the best colour ;) 

17 hours ago, cweeden said:

Ooh, an i30N Performance, nice. How are you finding that little run around? I bought an i30 CRDi a few years ago by accident (just needed something) and am now a big fan. I keep looking at the N Performance but can't quite justify the leap just yet.

Good luck with the Evora.

Hey bud, the i30N was good, It's reasonably fast, very practical and sounds great. Oh it's also rare and golf GTI owners mostly don't know what it is and get surprised when they try and have a go haha.

I dropped it off at the dealer 2 weeks ago though so now looking for a new car.

11 hours ago, jep said:

Chat to Bell and Colvill, very near you. 

Re price when new. Evora is a mid-engined 2+2. There is no comparable car on the market. Closest is 911, rear engine 2+2.....I don't follow 911 list prices but suspect they are similar or more than Evora. 

Welcome to the forum. Evora is a simply stunning car, you are welcome to a ride in my NA if the world will allow us to do so....

Thank you friend, I will indeed love to be a passenger in one. The only Lotus I've sat in was an old Elise and that was blisteringly quick. And yes I know it technically stands in a class of its own with the 2+2 layout at that price point, they seem to be holding their value rather well as well.

7 hours ago, TomE said:

Welcome and happy hunting - we're a helpful bunch so you'll get a lot of useful advice on here.  I organise the monthly Newlands Corner meet and have a 2011 Evora S, so that's at least one for you to look at although it's not for sale :) 

At launch the Evora new price was between Cayman and 911, and depended on what spec you tried to compare too.  Being 2+2 made comparisons difficult and often a source of arguments, as many just discounted the benefit of +2.  For me it was a significant factor, with two young children, and the load-carrying flexibility has been fantastic (as you can see in my profile pic). 

Godfrey Ryan's black 2012 (MY12) S IPS went up for sale on the Facebook Evora Owners group last week - he's in Brighton.

And there's a nice one in the Classifieds on here, which is in Scotland but may be worth the trek as it is clearly the best colour ;) 

Hey Tom

That's good to know, I will definitely come to the next one once things settle down with this epidemic.

As for the cars for sale, I am looking for a Manual only, very late car with all options ticked (so the 3 packs) or a Sports Racer ideally. I did enquire about the blue one actually, it does look nice but I'd prefer a later MY so don't mind waiting for the right car to pop up. I started a thread about an SR that I found, would love to hear your opinion on it, it has now been merged here: 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Stoycho. :welcome:

Hope you find what you are looking for. Sure it will come up sometime. Are you looking for a particular colour?

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)