Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
ARB mounting - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

ARB mounting

• Gold FFM

Lie it on the floor. 

The bits that go in the lower arms should touch the ground if you’ve got it the correct way round rather than poke upwards.

fit it in the lower arms and then bolt it up to the chassis 👍👍

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...

That doesn't look right to me. What's the diameter of your ARB, most were 16mm but the Sport 350 has one that is 17mm, I'd be surprised if the bushes were designed to fit both. 🤔

• Like 1

I suspect it may be fine on day one since it is slightly squashed to hold it in the vertical plane but I imagine it may move forwards and backwards a bit and over time wear the bush prematurely.

It seems the 16mm and 17mm bars are no longer available from DeRoure, does anyone know of an alternative source?

Or maybe something that can take up the slack, something like main bearing shells and a means to stop them from moving along the bar. All starts to seem a little untidy though.

Another option might be some after market bushes, I took a quick look at powerflex (first on a google search) but oddly they have 14mm, 16mm and beyond but no 15mm option. 😖

https://www.powerflex.co.uk/products/Anti+Roll+Bar+Bushes-2789/1.html 

cheers

-Chris

Perhaps the rubber bushes fitted to earlier cars might be suitable? Can't say with authority but A-R bushes are about the simplest of things, shouldn't be much in choosing one from another. Query to SJ?

I’ve just ordered a 16mm arb from SJ.  I’ve Lotac bushed every bit of the car so would rather keep it a complete set.

ill put the 15mm arb in the loft with all the other 1 off parts that seem to be fitted 🙈

thanks for the advice everyone 

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, Mightymetro said:

I’ve just ordered a 16mm arb from SJ.

You might have a bit of a wait on your hands for that. They're closed at present due to Coronavirus (based on my last email from them at the end of March), unless anyone has heard otherwise recently. I'm waiting for an order I placed with them a couple of weeks before the lockdown 🙁

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

SJ are open but I believe are on a skeleton staff as just spoke to Steve regarding the order

Lotus factory is shut at present so can’t get anything that needs to come from there.

good news is he has a 16mm ARB

bad news is that it’s the last one so I can’t get it until he has some made from it 😭😭😭😭

no rush though, haven’t even heard the car fire up yet