Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 98 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

Finally, a race worth watching. Bernie’s idea of watering the track proved to be a successful formula. Russell came good at the end, and I continue to be impressed by both McLaren boys. And it was fun watching Kevin “Sledgehammer” Magnusson carve his way through on the wets!

But where were the Ferrari boys? They had a dismal time, which is a shame, they should have been in the mix on their current form.

Margate Exotics.

Russell lost that race more than Max won it.

The McLaren boys are impressive, Piastri is oh so calm and mature, and he played a great team role there too.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...

Who named his daughter Lola, presumably after the Lola team he raced for, though if I recall, he didn't win much with them...

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

She did have some yellow feathers in her hair....

Not a bad race today, a good drive from the top 3 finishers.

Russell was just a road obstacle, again. I see Hamilton backed off him in the middle stint when he effectively radioed the team to get Hamilton to back off as he was "managing his tyres....".

The small print.

I don't particularly like the track, but not a bad Spanish GP. I had high hopes for Lando, but Max's early move put paid to it, and the RB was just too fast in race trim. Encouraging to see the Merc's looking more racy further up the grid and if the situation continues, we could finally see some battling for the win instead of business as usual.

Perez - needs to be replaced.

Margate Exotics.

If Lando had been able to get past Russell quicker, I think he'd have won.

As ever, "if only".....

I'm wondering if the Red Bull is like the Mercedes of older times, great when in front and in clear air, but struggling when in traffic.

Ferrari seem to be the ones who are a little all over the place at the moment. But if they can get some consistency then it could get very exciting... 

The small print.

What - no one on here have a view on the re-emergence of the wonderful driving of our beloved Max.

Made it a more interesting race.

Lando may remove Max from his Christmas card list.

• Like 1

Lando is learning valuable lessons in competing for wins and even a WDC. The latest lesson goes back decades as long as the cars have had crash-worthy structures: when trying to pass a WDC, do it on the straight. If you fight for a corner, be prepared to be pushed wide, have the door shut, or end up in a wall or gravel trap. Max isn't the first to grow bigger elbows with numbers of trophies. :driving:

• Like 2

Max cocked up, and got his wrist slapped because of it. In my view it was unnecessary behaviour. Up until that point I was shouting at the TV, best action I’ve seen for ages. I love close racing, but not so close as to damage each other’s cars. But Lando was naiive in his lunges, and he will hopefully have learned a lesson.

Margate Exotics.

"a tad more patience and he would have had Max banged to rights"

This, absolutely. He only needed to bide his time. I had no doubt he would have been able to pass, but instead he allowed himself to become frustrated in his excitement.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

It is funny listening to Max whining more on the radio.

Unlike listening to his father crying like a baby....

The small print.

On a brighter note, the takeaway for me was that McLaren has narrowed the gap to RB considerably, and thus we could be on for half-decent racing from now on, rather than Max being in a different league.

Margate Exotics.

Confirmation that Brits are living in Max's head "rent free". He's so focused he's made more mistakes this season so far, than he has in the whole of the previous 2 years.

• Like 1

The small print.

Max-bashing to one side, it’s shaping up to be a cracking British GP! A real mix up front, and the weather will surely play a part, thunderstorms/sun/rain/wind all in the mix!

Beers are in the fridge, nibbles on hand. Knowing my luck, the TV will probably throw its hand in on the formation lap.

Margate Exotics.

Just dropped my eldest son off at the bus stop for his £40 ride to Silverstone. This will be his first GP. I still can’t get my head around the £309 general admission ticket price. They reckon on a weekend attendance of 500,000. Imagine the revenue that must create. What cost of living crisis?

• Like 1