Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
London congestion charge reintroduced - Page 3 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

London congestion charge reintroduced

Chillidoggy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes, London contributes significantly. We all get that. But as I said before it also has a lot of benefits that other parts of the country don't get. And also, like with you Colin, you can move away from London and find out that actually life outside or away from it, can be great too. Before Covid I probably spent 2/3 days a week in London. I enjoyed working there. I've not missed it though during Covid. I doubt I'll be back down for 2/3 days a week in the future.

London wonderful place. Some great people there too. If only some of them would stop whining about living there, or the cost of living there, or thinking they are better than everyone else lol!

I left a job in London in October 1995 to move "up North" to Scotland. Never looked back. Everyone can make their own choice. And the added benefit for me where I live is that I get subsidised to live up here by London taxpayers.  Super result :) Just need to make sure Sturgeon never gets independence as would need to move back south to avoid the horrendous tax that I would then have to pay up here. (oh and by the way I pay 5% more income tax than my colleagues in London, so maybe I'm subsiding them?)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

12 hours ago, C8RKH said:

London like all capital cities benefits immensely from the fact that it is the centre of power - both politically and financially. The people in the capital have always faired better than the people in the outer lying regions. Struggling to find a civilisation or country where this is not the case.

Washington D.C. vs New York and Canberra vs Sydney. Seems like financial beats political in those instances. Although Washington D.C. is probably catching up with all the pressure groups and vested interests.

Good point had not thought about those too. So Financial beats Political, but when you have both, like say London, you batter everyone else? Feels like it.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 16/05/2020 at 18:48, pete said:

@Sizonalooks like roads around you are going to banned to cars and vans

Yes seems Old Street itself is going to only be for buses, motorbikes and bicycles. Fair enough but again traffic around there isn't bad at all even at normal times.

Also to add to previous comments I agree that CC needs to be in operation during the working week and 7am - 6pm is fine. But SEVEN days until 10pm is just a cash machine for making money. Minimal traffic in central London in evenings and weekends so nothing to do with congestion imo. If really pushed I could agree adding Saturday 7am to 6pm and leave Sunday all day free. 

18 hours ago, jep said:

ULEZ is wider than Congestion Charge zone. ULEZ is out to A406 North Circ and A205 South Circ. Basically, no 80s or 90s cars can come in to that zone now but check NOx rating. CC zone is much smaller

ULEZ zone is currently the same as congestion charge zone. ULEZ expands to NCR and SCR in October 2021

• Thanks 1

@SFO spot on and thanks for the correction. Brain-scramble from me, for some reason I had March 2020 in my head. I think I got confused as I like to take the Elise to RAC SW1 on occasion, so got ahead of the game. Thanks for the correction. Great news, as can still use by 1986 R5 GT Turbo in SW6 until Oct 21. And commute in the Excel..…….wasted trip yesterday but SHMBO drove the Elan back from SW6 and I did not see her again for 2 hours.....she went off on a jaunt. 

Justin

• 3 years later...

ULEZ is expanding to the M25 next month

Couple of interesting videos about air quality.

Not to the M25. Surrey is not included as it is not a London borough, parts of Surrey are inside the M25. As are other counties.

It is all London boroughs. 

Justin