Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit S2 Tools and Jack plus Owners Handbook - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit S2 Tools and Jack plus Owners Handbook

Sizona

Question

Hi.

Having just picked up my S2 after its long resto, I only recently realised it is missing the jack and tools plus no owners handbook.

If anyone knows of any availability of any of above be great to get. Oh and the OEM hitachi digital one stereo as well, been looking a looong time for one of those.

Thanks

17 answers to this question

The S2 toolkit is the same as the S1 I think (could be wrong!). The S1 is like this... https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/82472-s1-toolstoolkit/?tab=comments#comment-649262

People would kill for an original owner's manual so that will be difficult to get hold of.

Edited by Paul Coleman

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
22 hours ago, Paul Coleman said:

The S2 toolkit is the same as the S1 I think (could be wrong!). The S1 is like this... https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/82472-s1-toolstoolkit/?tab=comments#comment-649262

People would kill for an original owner's manual so that will be difficult to get hold of.

Thanks Paul

I'll keep looking, I do have an S3 toolkit in a plastic tray/box not sure if was OEM though or just what someone had placed in the my old S3. Its in the JPS for now.

I'll just have to ride around with the S2 worksop manual! Little large for the glovebox tho 😬

The manuals can turn up on eBay, I got two. One (yellow) for the domestic market in tatty condition with a fold out dealer map of the UK and the other (pale blue) a near perfect Federal one. I found a sleeve for same too.

The tool roll is a canvas type thing with tie strings. 

This might be reference; https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/97610-s2-tool-set/

Did you get a steering wheel and boss Simon?

21 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

@Sizona

Hi Simon, by the sounds of it your toolkit is a genuine one from the later S3s.

Have you picked it up yet? Looking forward to seeing it in pictures and the flesh.

Hi Barrie, yes it is from the S3 though it was genuine.

Yep got car with me now, few teething problems re smooth running but taking it to Sir Sparky tomo to take a look.

Yes we'll arrange to meet up, maybe Ace when it reopens. I'll check when it is.

19 hours ago, GTK said:

The manuals can turn up on eBay, I got two. One (yellow) for the domestic market in tatty condition with a fold out dealer map of the UK and the other (pale blue) a near perfect Federal one. I found a sleeve for same too.

The tool roll is a canvas type thing with tie strings. 

This might be reference; https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/97610-s2-tool-set/

Did you get a steering wheel and boss Simon?

Hi George, I have been checking but nothing yet so hopefully will find one soon.

I know SJ have the canvas roll but not sure if I need that, def need wheel changing kit tho. Thanks for the reference.

Yes found the correct steering wheel sometime ago, from Australia. Had a boss that fitted it already.

Like all of us looking forward to seeing you complete your S2! How you getting on with it?

Great news on the wheel, I'm still looking for a boss but I'm sure one will turn up eventually. 

The Esprit project is in lockdown essentially, I don't want to start back on it until things get a little more settled. I'm hoping I'll be back on the project full time with no distractions by the end of summer. Thanks and enjoy the JPS!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTK said:

Great news on the wheel, I'm still looking for a boss but I'm sure one will turn up eventually. 

The Esprit project is in lockdown essentially, I don't want to start back on it until things get a little more settled. I'm hoping I'll be back on the project full time with no distractions by the end of summer. Thanks and enjoy the JPS!

When I needed a boss a couple of years ago I couldn't find one anywhere in the UK but managed to get one from the US in the end. I think it cost me £200 though!!

Edited by Paul Coleman

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

I have 1 original but tatty s2 owners book left and 3 tool kits left.

Best wishes Matt 

The more the merrier :yes:

No sorry a jps owner had my last jack and tool roll two weeks ago. When I get some more I will post them up here. Going to make some more steering wheels, bosses and crash pads this spring.

Matt

• Like 1

Don't know about the difference about the S2 and Turbo tool kit and spanners but maybe this would help, it's from a post on FB by a Esprit Turbo owner and I hope he will not disappointed as I'm sharing the infos here.

G.

gfgfgf.jpg

Schermata 2021-01-17 alle 10.19.36.png

• Like 1

The correct willams tool kit for the S1 S2 and S2.2 looks like this.

20171123_212213.jpg

• Like 2