Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit S1 Racecar - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit S1 Racecar

I have the head from 0423H on my 0182H engine so seems they do get donated at times.

Mind I have engine 13977 as well where I should have 13525 so heavens knows what car died for that donation 😬

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• 6 months later...

Oh wow.  That is great progress.  Enjoy the next stage of build-up.

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

On 23/08/2022 at 21:27, EXCEL V8 said:

Looks great!  What wheels are those?

Pete

https://www.imagewheels.co.uk/image-turbo-alloy-wheel/

7.5 X 15" Turbo - Silver ET20 Front

8.5 X 15" Turbo - Silver ET-20 Rear

For a rain set I'm considering a set of S2 speedlines, 

VAN DER LEE Turbo Systems     -      www.vdlee.com

• 8 months later...

Nice to see the progress. Loving the door beams 🙂

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

• 1 year later...
28 minutes ago, plumdeplakmuis said:

Some new updates, engine finished and tested on the dyno. Making ~300hp

Great progress, what transmission are you intending to use?

Cheers,

John W

Absolutely stunning. Cannot wait to see your first videos shaking this down and then racing it on track.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Original Citroen gearbox is used, but with Quaife LSD and new "correct" ring and pinion gear. (But I will still take it easy with standing starts)

• Gold FFM

300HP is an excellent effort! Would a chargecooler not be beneficial? Or is it too much extra weight? Or not allowed in the racing class?

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

Yes it would, but it's not really in the spirit of the regulations. Also will need a extra radiator then for the chargecooler. I try to keep it as it could have being build in 1980. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, plumdeplakmuis said:

Original Citroen gearbox is used, but with Quaife LSD and new "correct" ring and pinion gear. (But I will still take it easy with standing starts)

Good luck with that :driving:

Cheers,

John W

This one is not based on the original 2ltr, I have put that aside. This is based on a 1986 engine block with new "balanced" internals, stronger conrods and slightly modified intake. Also added are new larger carburettors and a new turbo. 

5 hours ago, kkv444v said:

I thought you might tell us what pistons you were using, which cams, carburettor specs, etc.

. . . not something a wise competitor does.

Cheers

I didn't think anything about these engines was that secret. Was just interested as to whether he had gone proper period, using 106 or 108 cams, for example, large valves like the rally cars and so on, whether that was an HC engine or if he's doing more with the turbo, or even if everything was done to his own specs. If he doesn't want to say, though, then that's up to him.

• Gold FFM
On 27/08/2024 at 11:12, plumdeplakmuis said:

The internals of the original Citroen gearbox that was on my car wore out very quickly; and my car has less than 300hp.  I swapped it out for a turbo esprit gearbox which coped much better with aggressive starts and high impact use.

Looking forward to seeing this car moving

No secrets on the engine, 

Carburettors are Dellorto DHLA45M. Conrods, light weight flywheel and HTD cambelt and adjustable pulleys are the Garry Kemp units. Ignition is a CSI programmable ignition. Rest of the engine is standard.