Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Finally, Restoration Begins! - Page 7 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Finally, Restoration Begins!

• 1 year later...
On 2016-3-1 at 10:29, Matt-watts said:

Giorgio

I have a couple of late S1- S2.2 battery boxes want me to send you one as a pattern ?

Matt

Hi @Matt-watts, have you still got a late S1/S2 battery box available?

Regards,

David.

• 9 months later...

Hi Giorgio,

The reupholstered seat looks beautiful! On the choice of paint it is my view that the light shades in metallic are best at revealing the subtleties of the Esprit form, however the style of the car is so superior that it looks great in any colour. You are not alone in your long struggle in this restoration, like many others in this community I too have worked through many of the difficulties you have described. My S2, purchased in '97 without driving as the motor was damaged, was stored until a garage was built in '07. Restoration inched forward slowly for the next few years while business and other home responsibilities got priority. Work has been more intense in recent years but overall progress is impeded as consequence of both hard use and neglect of the car over its long life. I take the view that we who take the long journey to thoroughly restore such cars should identify more as art curators, than as gearheads. Your car will be magnificent.

Steve     

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Bravo Giorgio!

You are still running out ahead of my progress, by autumn I should be as far along.

Cheers 

Stunning, love the workshop lotus colour scheme also,  Rolling chassis looks lovely,  lots of hard work and it shows, this will be a stunning car and will reward you with many happy years trouble free hopefully lol.

Cant wait to see the body in the paint shop

• Like 2

A

Just love it. Inspiration to get on with my S2 body 👌🏼

Did you drill out all of the mounting holes around the body to ensure they haven’t closed up with filler etc?

so excited for you.

• 5 weeks later...

So happy for you,   Such a great feeling for you  to finally get the top coat on  :thumbup:,  Lovely colour also,  did it leave  the factory  that way or did you just like Essex blue ?

Look forward to the shell going back on to that fantastic rolling chassis !

Well done, so pleased for you, top marks for effort and presentation :thumbup:

A

21 hours ago, giorgio67 said:

Et voilà!!!  One year of bodywork but the photos speaks for me! Gorgeous Essex Blu in all his glory 😀. My effort has been imageproxy.php?img=&key=f91d8068176956b1

3F89F03D-80D3-4965-94AE-A411F90CC9C6.jpeg

8B9FD782-9DE5-4920-BAAD-5766941925B2.jpeg

6F9B2CB5-4B07-4A2E-BA85-AFA32A69287D.jpeg

61433417-F8A9-482F-B60B-79ED88136DB6.jpeg

Sorry for the mistake guys but on my first post I have attached two pics of another car not mine, you can see the differences in the front boot, sorry. 🙄

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

beautiful colour - Essex Blue is definitely one I am considering for mine when it (eventually) gets re-painted...

Well done Giorgio, Your car look magnificent, you are an inspiration to us All. It takes a lot of commitment to stick to such a long term project. Congratulations on your car so far

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hello guys, lot of work here reassembling  my babe so time to post some pics of the progress.

Everything takes ages to be mounted correctly and a lot of non original parts needs to be worked prior to fit...but I'm happy to see a new car in the shade! 😀

3CC341AE-CF68-44C4-8D38-AD6966D866B0.JPG

IMG_0909.JPG

663672F7-478E-49A4-8ACB-AC84D540482F 2.JPG

IMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0914.JPG

• Gold FFM

This is going to look stunning when it is finished.

:respect:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)