Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wipers - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Wipers

I've had a couple of different brands of flat wipers on my Esprit, with different results. No Bosch as far as I can remember. If the wipers are too stiff and pre bent, they wont be very effective on the flat Esprit windscreen. If the cover is too large, they tend to lift or creep up the screen at higher speeds. Quite annoying in an Esprit!

I liked the PIAA wiper I had some years ago best, but have been unable to find them again. Hence trying out some other brands.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 11 months later...

Old topic , but question.

I never changed the windshield wiper on my esprit S2.2

It 's not that I drive it a lot in the rain, I just like to have it renewed and in good working condition.

Can anyone point me to a source , preferably a common autopart product ( that I do not have to buy in the UK since I live in Belgium)

Other possibility, Can someone point me to a source where I can find just the right rubber profile. The wiper is in OK condition, so just the rubber would be fine. I don't seem to find the right type. It looks as if the profile of my current rubber is different to most things I  see on the internet?

Edited by gvy

• Gold FFM

I have had good experience with the double wiper rubber replacements on other cars that I have had. Never tried it on the Esprit. I should have a look at mine as I am not sure when I last replaced it. Easily forgotten item on a car.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Alternatively, a regular application of RainX works too. I hardly ever use the wipers since they are fairly slow anyway. The repellent does a good job, even in heavy downpours. I’d assume if that works here in The Far East with monsoon rains, it should work in the UK too 🙂

Ad initium

• Gold FFM

I use Rain-X as well. Brilliant stuff. Door windows and side mirrors as well. Pretty much don't need to use the wipers as you said.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I have a habbit to clean my windows , clay them and apply a waterrepellent coating spray (containing SIO2), making it hydrophobic but....

Even if I don't use ithe car much in the rain, I just prefer to have a good working wiper. My rubber profile has torned over 0.5mm and I just like to renew it . 

So if anyone can point me in the right direction

Edited by gvy

Hi Pete,

I have seen your topic.

My current old wiper rubber profile looks just like the one in your picture:

49792487582_f6e50d550f_c.jpg

I have followed your link to ebay and I found this : This should be your new rubber ?

Afbeelding 6 - Replacement Refill Rubber Wiper Blade 40" 100Cm Extra Long Motorhome Truck Bus

Afbeelding 21 - Replacement Refill Rubber Wiper Blade 40" 100Cm Extra Long Motorhome Truck Bus

I wonder :

The current old profile is 12mm high and the new ebay profile is 6mm high?

Also the profile looks different.  Does it really fit on you car?

Edited by gvy