Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Is Lotusbits still around? - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Is Lotusbits still around?

I couldn't find anything about this on the forums, so maybe someone knows if Lotusbits is still up and operating? I've tried emailing them a couple of times from here in smoky California, but have never received a reply. I hope they are..

Thanks!

John T. 

San Francisco Bay Area

I hope they are still around, they are (or an affiliated engineering shop is) vapour blasting and ultrasonic cleaning my V8 bits and pieces as we speak. They are also working with other suppliers to provide more services, Ultimate Performance are being subcontracted to prep my heads for example (https://www.ultimatep.com/about/🙂

I paid them a visit earlier in the summer and was very surprised at the size of the outfit plus all of the like minded businesses on the same trading estate, panel beaters, chassis engineers, engine builders, Toleman Motorsport etc. Mike Taylor was very generous with his time when I was there and gave me a grand tour of workshops, engine dyno, warehouses of bits and cars etc.

As Bibs said, they can be a little slow to respond by email and much prefer a phone call. I didn't mean for this to turn into a LotusBits endorsement but I was very surprised at the scale of the outfit.

cheers

-Chris

• Like 2

LotusBits have never responded to an email I have sent them - even when I was trying to pay a bill. 

Phone them. 

Great guys but they do it their way. 

Justin  

I had exactly the same experience as the above posts.

Mike goes out of his way to help but his computer is from the 90s I think.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Cool- Thanks, everyone! I'll have to give either an early morning or late, late night call.

7 minutes ago, slewthy said:

I had exactly the same experience as the above posts.

Mike goes out of his way to help but his computer is from the 90s I think.

As long as his mill and lathe aren't from the 1790s, it's all good! I was thinking about trying to adapt the front brakes from something like a Z32 300zx, but his big brake kit for the Elite/Eclat looks like a no-brainer. Anyone ever used it?

• 3 weeks later...

It's pretty much a lottery as Mike has previously indicated that they get a lot of spam (the email address is old so it gets added to more spam lists as time goes on, and it's been actively published on their website for ages so can be picked up by bots etc). If your mail gets to their spam folder (sent by the mail client it's going to be lost), if your mail looks anything like spam it's probably lost too, etc.