Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
JPS Project - Page 19 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

JPS Project

• Gold FFM

Not sure who you are using . I had mine and sun visors made by Steve @Fulcher coach trimmers , the people who made the original  James Bond car, but I know that Mike at Lotusbits can definitely do this for you too.

Good attitude - don't rush, enjoy and get it right .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
15 hours ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Where did you buy the stripes, were they the SJ set or the French ones?

They look really good. 🙂

Dave 

They are from Lotusbits - fitted by a graphics co. next to them 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, drdoom said:

I'm seeking guidance as to how the fiber optic strands attach to the dash switches. Any idea?

You need to get hold of some of the clear plastic surrounds. These are marked no 30 on the parts diagram. And there is photo of the surrounds in situ.

I did a post on my experiences with the fibre optic lighting some time ago.

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0535.JPG

It can be done either way, but the threads on the bottom of the seat rails are in danger of scraping along the door card as the seats are angled through the door aperture. A real problem with the S1's fragile green material.

There's little point in making things more difficult.

It's never straight forward is it ? Simple job - fit the number plate lights to the bumpers . However the copper strips that hold the bulb are so long that you have to fiddle the units under the bumper but the wiring stops this happening . So I've had to modify the copper to shorten them . Grrr 

Also I've been trying to make some speaker surrounds inline with the originals , as I have none. I've been unable to cut these from plywood with a jigsaw , need a router apparently . I'm going to see if I can cover the rings with leather - originals were plastic and need some gold grill material . I can then sort the doors out . 

At least I have a " to do "  list now . 

I 3D printed the surrounds on a rough powder coated plate to get some texture. Not exactly original but you can't really tell the difference. Had no trouble getting the seats in and out with the door cards on.

Roo

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good to see your progress. I've chosen to mount my coils on a vertical board just inboard of the left side wheelarch, and will fabricate a simple protective channel through which the plug HT wires will pass into the engine bay via a notch in the engine cover. Peace of mind regarding thermal stress of the coils, tidy route for the HT leads.

FWIW, here's the 1st mockup, will be textured black ABS with the coils concealed on the offside.

Cheers

20231102_112823.jpg

• Like 2

Question for @Djs44 in regard to the chosen throttle position sensor - why this one? It's a decision which looms for myself in the near term.