Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
JPS Project - Page 24 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

JPS Project

The door seals can provide some minor adjustment. Perhaps not enough to cover that gap, but enough to make the gap, along with the infill piece, negligible. Even painting the body shell at that point black would help.

I need both fuel filler caps - I have a newly painted pair but they are ones with a raised "cross" and locks - I need the "plain" ones . Any idea where I can get a pair - Lotusbits have none.

The chain fixes inside the filler tube from memory in a little “nick” made in the tube for the purpose, so that the cap is permanently fixed to the car. Expect there were a fair few drive offs, especially filling two tanks, where the caps were left behind!

Is this what you are referring to?

I can get pics when back….

Here you go, wouldn’t be too difficult to recreate if you wished…

IMG_4713.jpeg

IMG_4714.jpeg

I’d personally prefer them without the chain as the cap will potentially scratch the paint when left to dangle down on the chain I expect. Prefer them loose….

28 minutes ago, Djs44 said:

Thanks Jon - what does the cap look like ?

Beautiful 😆

My S1 doesn't have the chain. Useful if parked up, as the caps are a lovely design, but I'd be frightened of them damaging the paintwork when unscrewed.

I carefully place them on the roof before filling the tanks. One of the customary Zen-like rituals of early Esprit ownership.

It also lets anyone waiting know they're in for a wait if they hang around.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonSE said:

Think these are original…

IMG_4716.jpeg

IMG_4717.jpeg

Excellent - understand now 👍🏻

order will be placed shortly . Then have to paint the bloody things 😂

Herewith some pics of one of my fuel caps.

The SJS link in @TAR's post  says Eclat, so presumably you will check they are the same shape.

IMG_0772.jpeg

IMG_0773.jpeg

Ah, so they hang on the pipe, good, mine were missing off the previous car so wondered how they worked. That would hopefully prevent any scratching….

3 hours ago, Rudi K said:

Herewith some pics of one of my fuel caps.

The SJS link in @TAR's post  says Eclat, so presumably you will check they are the same shape.

IMG_0772.jpeg

IMG_0773.jpeg

Rudi - thank you - they look just like the ones SJ sell - wasn’t sure about the bath plug 😂

• 2 weeks later...

So my filler necks are different to the ones shown by Rudi and Jon - the filler cap on mine needs to have  tabs that  fit internally into the filler , rather than externally . 

I have 2 new caps that are correct for the outside look ,  but need modifying to fit .......  

4 hours ago, JonSE said:

If you have lockable ones I’d be tempted to retain those anyway for use when out and about.

I do , but they don’t have the tabs either …