Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora door locks and flat batteries - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora door locks and flat batteries

Go to solution Solved by Barrykearley,

• Gold FFM

So my Evora has been sat for a couple of weeks with a flat battery as the boot wouldn’t open.

I’ve now managed to get the boot to open - and have sorted the issue with that. Cars now sat on charge after a drive out.

The passenger door however is puzzling me. It’s no longer operating on the remote - on the key you have to turn the key and hold it anti-clockwise to be able to open door. 

im guessing this needs the door card stripping off and looking at - but what’s this likely to be? The linkages or the module?

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Assume you're pressing the key the 2nd time to open the passenger door. Does it work off the button on the dash?

Some spray lube on the door pin does wonders too, worth giving that a try and working it in as they can bind enough to stop the pin from popping up. 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/wd-40-dry-ptfe-lubricant-400ml

36613_P&$prodImageMedium$

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Yeah - the button on the dash doesn’t seem to do anything either @Bibs. Looks like it’s rip the door apart and discover a swimming pool inside 😩

Only here once

• Gold FFM
  • Solution

Ok - car has been charged up overnight.

so all I’ve done is apply WD40 to the linkage and the button - job done - all functional again 🙌👍

• Like 2

Only here once

May I chime in with a question here?

When the Evora is 'fully' locked and immobilised, how long should/will this state last AND give a bit to start the car?

With the Evora in a secure garage and not locked, how long should/will the battery last?

I appreciate some of this is down to battery condition etc, but assume all is pretty good in this dept.

Thanks!

With a battery in good condition and fully charged, it should last at least 2-3 weeks, locked with the microwave sensor enabled. It might help extend that time to lock but disable the microwave sensor (hit lock button twice). 

55 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

10-14 days seems to be the more common timeline experienced by many

Yep, and mine is no different. But per the handbook and service notes, Lotus seems to think that a fresh, fully charged battery, in ideal conditions, with planets and moons in alignment, should last up to 3 weeks unattended:

image.png.a80b951906b7d49b399d697440da1464.png

• Like 2

Had mine for 1 and 3/4 years and 3 weeks seems right to me. I'd have to check the service history to see when the previous owner fitted the battery. It must be a good one.

Last year the door latch post became loose and the passenger door didn't always shut flush, It was spotted when it went in for a service, at that time there was a tendency for the battery to discharge quicker but I didn't notice the interior light coming on.

Having said that, it's rare that I don't drive it for more than a week. And now it's probably only due to the lockdown.

Thanks - I think I will make a note of it being 14 days and err on the side of caution. Nowadays I do not leave a car in the airport parks when I go away and at home, the car is in a reasonably secure garage. The only other time of unattendance might be a long weekend away. To date I have never left the car standing unlocked for more than a week.

How much extra time do you think would be gained by disabling the microwave sensors? I presume quite a bit longer as the immobiliser itself is armed and should not draw much, yes?

Trawling around, I see many questions asked on how to disarm the immobiliser permanantly. Is this to overcome the self re-arm time of 40 seconds, or are there other problems it causes? I can see the re-arming a nuisance where there is a lot of valet parking, but I hope there are no other issues that are going to surprise me as there is little worse than an immobilser with a mind of its own!

Short of rewiring the alarm module, there isn't a way to disable the immobilizer. The immobilizer itself is just a fuel and ignition cut-off, so it really shouldn't draw any real power. The microwave sensor, however, does draw a bit of juice when the alarm is set. But the alarm being set and the vehicle being immobilized are two separate states (although it can also be the same state too). 

• Gold FFM
On 10/12/2020 at 22:16, agentdr8 said:

Yep, and mine is no different. But per the handbook and service notes, Lotus seems to think that a fresh, fully charged battery, in ideal conditions, with planets and moons in alignment, should last up to 3 weeks unattended:

image.png.a80b951906b7d49b399d697440da1464.png

Also says mine should average 30mpg 🤭

Only here once