Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pauls Exige 410 Sport - Page 7 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Pauls Exige 410 Sport

41 minutes ago, Paul_D said:

@Jcx Yeah, the sunlight was starting to be a problem. The camera makes it look a bit worse as it looks like I didn’t get the spot metering right. 

Good spot on the watch! It’s a Black Bay 58 Blue. I really like it. 

I am a big fan of Tudor. That looks great on you.

My wallet suggested to stop reading your topic 😆

Looks great. So much better than OEM. What is next step? Removal of the small lights (reverse and fog light) or exposed carbon fiber rear panel around the lights?

I need to stop spending money too. 😂

I think I’m pretty much finished now. There’s only a couple more things that I’ve got planned. 

Won’t be doing anything else to the rear, unless you count adding the rear tow strap from the 430 Cup. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I did know that, but thanks for the heads up. The GRP V3 lights can be ordered with reflectors which are much less noticeable when not in direct light. 

EE1673D4-6FC6-4A2E-A77F-2A1700044DC0.jpeg

Interesting. My outer one is silver on at least 50% of the area. So now I am thinking how to paint or spray it without removing the whole front end and without clogging the coolers 😂

So you use paint brush or spray?

On 25/03/2022 at 03:23, Paul_D said:

The car was supposed to be having a service and its first MOT today, but due to issues at Stratton this got cancelled. Luckily, it meant I had the day off work when a delivery arrived that I'd been patiently waiting for... GRP V3 Lights. Every time I'd seen these on other cars I thought that they looked great, but I was really trying to stop spending so much money on expensive mods. Then one night I'd had a few drinks and thought to myself "Bugger it. You love this car, you're not planning on selling it and it will probably be the last car you ever modify and personalise" And that was when I placed the order with Gregs Race Parts. 

Installation is obviously about as simple as you can get. 2 nuts to take off and a connector. I did need to use the extra resistors Greg sent to stop the indicators from fast flashing. 

Before:

Before.jpg

Halfway:

Halfway.jpg

Unlit:

After-Unlit.jpg

Lit:

After-Lit.jpg

I love the look, and it definitely freshens up and modernises the rear of the car. 

Those looks very nice Paul!

Are they like LED lights?

The indicator lights, are in the center and turns orange?

• Gold FFM
17 hours ago, Paul_D said:

Yeah, I did know that, but thanks for the heads up. The GRP V3 lights can be ordered with reflectors which are much less noticeable when not in direct light. 

The reflector ones barely reflect - we've had them fail.

11 minutes ago, DH2 said:

The reflector ones barely reflect - we've had them fail.

Oh really? That’s useful to know, cheers. 

To be honest, I wasn’t sure if the MOT testers actually paid that much attention to reflectors unless one was present but obviously broken. 

To be on the safe side I did order some (supposedly) MOT compliant reflectors that I could add to the car if needed. 

Always taught that you only fail, if the headlight is pointing too much upwards. Never heard that pointing down is a problem. 

So I guess we will get a guide how to set headlight beam angle 😂

@Toqcars There is an upper and lower limit for beam cut off in the UK. 

Lol, I don’t actually know where the adjuster is as they did it for me. Must be simple though, as they said it only took 15 minutes. 

Second job of the weekend now completed. As I do a few track days, I thought it would be nice to have the rear tow strap fitted like the 430 Cup has.

Parts.jpg

The actual bracket (Part 2a) was a very reasonable price, less that £40. The nut plates however (Parts 4 and 5) were over £50 each, so I wouldn't be paying that. The strap (Part 3) is a TRS item, and can be bought from various places in different colours. 

Instead of the Lotus nut plates, I just got some 6mm thick steel bar and drilled it and tapped it with a thread.

Nut-plates.jpg

All the parts together:

Assembly.jpg

I then had a bit of luck, as removing the arch liner to fit the carbon scoops gave great access to the outer side of the bracket. I may have just awkwardly tried to do it from underneath otherwise.

Bracket-installed.jpg

I didn't want to spend money on a new grill, so I just cut the existing one, and touched up the paint with satin black hammerite.

Cut-Grill.jpg

Then it was just a case of feeding the strap through and bolting it in place.

Finished1.jpg

With the strap folded back on itself into the slot when not in use, it's a bit more subtle.

Finished2.jpg

Now let's just hope I never need to use it...

• Like 2

Interesting solution and effective.

In the  picture where you show the cut in the grill you can see the bolt with the green pen marker on it which secures the exhaust bracket. 

Have you had any issues tightening it up.

The plate which has the nuts connected to it is just stuck on to the chassis and comes unstuck 

43 minutes ago, Paul_D said:

@Tex

I hadn’t really paid any attention to the bolt with the green pen on. If it is lose, it wasn’t obvious to me when I was messing about. 

Only if you are removing the back box would you need to.  

1 hour ago, Tex said:

Interesting solution and effective.

In the  picture where you show the cut in the grill you can see the bolt with the green pen marker on it which secures the exhaust bracket. 

Have you had any issues tightening it up.

The plate which has the nuts connected to it is just stuck on to the chassis and comes unstuck 

I came up with a solution for this as it was getting really annoying.  Buy long (50mm or so) bolts, take out the nut plates and screw them in from the other side using permanent thread lock.  Then use nuts from the exhaust side to secure the exhaust.  Makes it significantly quicker to change the backbox.  There are photos on my build thread somewhere.

Found the photos (sorry for the thread hijack!)
3A3E8646-C009-4A13-BD31-EEFA9CB4124F.thumb.jpeg.b178aa28ca20240c2709ebe8d7b1bddf.jpeg.fe29d83dd56bc286f0bdac59e7aaf98e.jpeg

A643F4A5-13A8-4526-9410-26AFD6159A58.thumb.jpeg.3c278dbab44c402bd5c831c4e00004ee.jpeg.a09bad8ce1714402ca0be79dd47ae6e1.jpeg

573349A7-F97A-4203-ABFB-D5838D7B4C21.thumb.jpeg.94a49d259ec90915e22302bee3e6e43a.jpeg.30d7f9597d3ee33fdc8e29103427fa99.jpeg