Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The "this is my spec" thread... - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The "this is my spec" thread...

DaveC72

28 minutes ago, TomE said:

We don’t need to finalise colours until the autumn.  They’ll have samples before then!

Do you think they'll offer an expanded portfolio of colors or special option colors like they did on the Evora?

Would love to see a mock up of a JPS livery on the Emira.  Lot of nice contours to work the gold off of.

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I was told it will be only the publicised colours initially.  They will add another 6-8 after a few months, I suspect in time for first i4 deliveries but might be later.

On 07/07/2021 at 14:53, Evotion said:

Yeah, that dos indeed look the nuts and that was a close 2nd choice.

Funny thing is, in Nimbus Grey - it could be a baby McLaren.

In the Magma red a baby Ferrari

In Hethel yellow there's a tiny bit of Cayman?????🤫

• Like 1

I'm really curious to see the final specs and wonder if the car will not be 10kg lighter at least in 4cyl guise or if the V6 will be 40kg heavier.

I will opt for the 4cyl because it should be pretty incredible on fun but also fuel economy and so very true to Lotus DNA. Yet I'm deadly scared of a post warranty issue with the 4cyl engine...  because going to a Mercedes dealership to get it fixed will make my eyes water.

I want a darker shade of blue, the red and green liveries are beautiful but midnight blue is still my favourite, so pretty happy that they are a few months away. Also I think I will be good with the base seat, my spec will be pretty frugal as I'm pretty happy with what I think will be the base interior or maybe depending on budget the tan interior upgrade.

I think that considering that this interior is very parts bin, they have done a wonderful job of integration and personnalization for the brand as it doesn't look parts been at but bespoke despite the Geely entertainment screen and toggles. And the Kef audio system is an awesome cherry on top

Now I'm wondering how long the US NHTSA and its Canadian counterpart will take to get the car approved cause that was not great for the 400. I know the car is made to be global and with airbags are no longer in the seats but the doors along with the fact that Lotus can crash test as many cars as needed, should help. But I sadly remember a bunch of 400 seating at port for months...

V6 appeals, shame the dual clutch system look like being on the 4 pot only, which means the old Evora engine/gearbox combo unless they've given it an extra tweak? I was intrigued to see the central screen BHP showing up to 480 on Shmee's walk around video, these things don't happen by accident, maybe a teaser? Carbon brakes would be a huge plus, I got so bored of unsticking the Evora brakes. The configurator does seem a little basic, seems there's a lot of options mentioned but not showing yet, KEF ICE for example, hoping for more info as time passes. Big fan of the dark verdant look, yellow callipers... what's the rumour on the heritage paint? Love the car, still looks like an Evora to me, but it's by far the best looking of the bunch. 

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

Having looked at the configurator I suspect I will be doing something like:

Hethel Yellow (although the Blue looks fantastic in the flesh) 

Black Pack, lightweight V spoke black wheels, unsure on the interior would have to see them in the flesh but Ice Grey looks pretty decent, most likely with the 4cyl engine. 

I hope they release some more colours, would love to have a really bright obnoxious green! 

• Gold FFM

I'm leaning towards yellow, black pack and the black Y-spokes too.  The yellow accent stitch for the interior isn't as strong as the external yellow so I think I'll stick with a black interior.

I was told yesterday that extra colours are unlikely to be added until 3-6 months into production.

Knowing that the Seneca Blue 'show' car at Goodwood has been hand painted, I am going to wait until Lotus have commissioned the painting robots at Hethel before I decide. I don't think the Hethel Yellow is going to have the same pop and sparkle as Solaris Yellow for example. I also think the finish for Seneca Blue may be a little flatter.

• Gold FFM

It's one of my concerns too.  Seneca Blue looks good in real life, with a decent metallic fleck, but it's not as bright as Laser Blue and looks a flat blue in photos unless close up.  If Hethel Yellow is similarly flat-looking then I'll have a dilemma.  The Lotus folks seemed adamant yesterday that no other colours will be added (or option of bespoke requests) in first 3-6 months while they prove the paint and build processes.  Surely a brand new robotic painting facility with an already-publicised easier changeover capability must be able to do more colours and something more metallic?

• Like 1

Currently I'm thinking Seneca blue although Yellow is a very close second, black pack, black wheels, red calipers, alcantara with red stitching. 

I'm really hoping the V6 will sound as awesome as the Evora 410 as standard. Porsche and McLaren seem to make easy money by making the cars sound dull as standard so everyone ends up forking out extra for a sports exhaust. 

I was definitely going for Hethel Yellow, but after seeing the Seneca Blue on the stand change my mind there and then thought it looked stunning. Speaking to Scott Walker he seems to think the Yellow is a flat paint if that’s the case that would put me off. As for everything else the show car is probably be the spec that I am going choose with the V6 manual.

• Like 2

On 08/07/2021 at 19:54, PhilT said:

Funny thing is, in Nimbus Grey - it could be a baby McLaren.

In the Magma red a baby Ferrari

In Hethel yellow there's a tiny bit of Cayman?????🤫

Exactly my thoughts.   

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

That shouldn't work given the mishmash of angles but I am a sucker for retro stripes and looks damn good.

1 minute ago, brightoncorgi said:

I am changing my spec to V6 Toyota manual.  F it, that is the one to keep for the long haul!

Congrats on seeing the light :)

Love that, Prefer it even.

Ha, interesting. i was think how gold wheels might look on the Magma Red version, seriously. I might get them painted.  I love a bit of red and gold :)

• Like 2

I wish they had a darker grey wheel like they did on the Evora.  Like a Titanium color instead of silver.  Holds the brake dust better.

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.