Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Configurator is Now LIVE - Page 6 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Configurator is Now LIVE

Frickin_idiot

I am struggling to justify £16k for options that generally I am not interested in, although the V6 is tempting my original direction was AMG, it is possible we will be waiting another year which will give time for any bugs to be ironed out. At least things are moving.

Edited by tailslides
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

So, I was out based on information I was given by someone who really should have got it right... but I'm not surprised based on my experience so far...

Ah but, £76K + £2K ved = £78K OTR, so you were correct!

15 minutes ago, tailslides said:

I am struggling to justify £16k for options that generally I am not interested in, although the V6 is tempting my original direction was AMG, it is possible we will be waiting another year which will give time for any bugs to be ironed out. At least things are moving.

In addition, the red has become decidedly less red in the recent rendering, or is that just my laptop?

1632132493220_mud.jpg

Edited by tailslides
Question
  • Like 1

So do we know the difference in tax etc from the V6 and the i4 ? (maybe its here on the forum - but I guess Evora owners could answer if that's ok)

And anyone with an Evora - what kind of fuel consumption do you get ?

My thinking is around running costs v6 vs i4

5 minutes ago, Speedluvver said:

So do we know the difference in tax etc from the V6 and the i4 ? (maybe its here on the forum - but I guess Evora owners could answer if that's ok)

And anyone with an Evora - what kind of fuel consumption do you get ?

My thinking is around running costs v6 vs i4

For tax, my guess is V6 will be between 226-255k/KM. A review of the A45 with the same engine suggests that 161g/KG for that vehicle. So something like £555 for I4 and £1,910 for V6 for the first year. For second year, I hadn't realised but looks like the tax is now a flat rate of £155 + a £335 surcharge for vehicles with a list price over £40,000. So would be the same £490 for both cars after the first year.

Edit: Adding source and fixing figures. https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables

Edited by marclurr

• Gold FFM

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables - as said, emissions are still a guess at present - but that only affects the first year in any case..... Then all cars over £40,000 are £490 for years 2 to 6 then £155 (currently - but who knows what the UK Gov will do by then....)

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

• Gold FFM

They're clearly still tweaking it - steering wheel choices have been reduced to just two now as well.....

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

A must - and I live in a nice part of Surrey! 

Good for insurance and peace of mind.

My config options video is now up

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

I don't feel the green is safe - might come out far too dark.  Very difficult for anybody to go with the red or green as they are so unknown. The blue we have seen and the yellow if well known and the greys, well, easy to comprehend.

I don't want dark glass on the engine cover. I want to be able to see the engine easily :)

Ha, if you like it on the dark side, my young apprentice, then you will be fine.

Well that was quick.  Just had Lotus on the phone talking me through the order process.  Looks like they are working through the order that the deposits were placed and the first question I was asked was V6 or i4.

For those interested, the cruise control is camera assisted.

• Like 1

I'm interested to know about financing. I suppose it's not something that matters too much until the balance needs paying but good to know up front so ducks can be ordered correctly.

On a side note, @Pugwash that's a lovely Royal Enfield in your pic. I sold my a lagoon blue Classic 500 a few weeks ago, regretted it as soon as the van doors closed on it!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

Well that was quick.  Just had Lotus on the phone talking me through the order process.  Looks like they are working through the order that the deposits were placed and the first question I was asked was V6 or i4.

For those interested, the cruise control is camera assisted.

Somewhat surprisingly, me too! But I want to at least see the car before doing anything further; and really I'd like to know the price of the AMG before making a decision

interested to hear how they deal with the procrastinators such as myself who are erring on the AMG side but need clearer specs and pricing in order to decide.

• Like 1

construction and property consultants : My company