Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Configurator is Now LIVE - Page 7 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Configurator is Now LIVE

Frickin_idiot

No prices for Japan yet. The UK pound price converted to yen a bit over 11.000.000 yen and a grand or so over what the Cayman GTS 4.0 costs over here. I guess you can save a couple of grand if you don't go for the 12 ways seats and kef stereo?

Hopefully it ends up being around 10~11 million for the v6 with some nice options but not fully loaded. The Evora is priced higher than a GT4 so that has me a bit worried.

What is the consensus regarding the UK price? It's 10k over the GTS but the FE is fully loaded? That said, in my opinion the GTS comes with all the important (and most expensive) options included.

17 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

Once I confirmed I was in the V6 camp, I have been sent an email with another link to enter my chosen configuration.

Did they mention when you have to pay the extra 3k and how long you have before your spec, chosen through the link, is locked in?

42 minutes ago, Beady said:

interested to hear how they deal with the procrastinators such as myself who are erring on the AMG side but need clearer specs and pricing in order to decide.

In similar circumstances, I said I wanted to at least see the car before deciding anything further and she said that was fine and suggested she would call me back in the last week of October. At that point I'll probably say I want to know AMG pricing before committing to either, assuming Lotus haven't provided any further information before then. I pressed her on the AMG but she dead batted it away and said that further information would be provided 'soon, once they finished testing'. No information about finance offerings currently either .  

• Like 1

I believe the dealers will all have bowl shaped objects sprayed in the colours available, for those wanting to see the colours in the flesh so to speak.  Each dealer will have their own set, so (my speculation) they may be at the dealers before the road show date in which case it might be possible to see the colours prior to the dealer roadshow date (which we understand from earlier posts will probably feature the blue one).  

That is 100% correct however they have announced the i4 at the same time as launch and from most polls i have seen it seems to be close to 50% are interested in that option. So they need to give a bit more info on the i4 - even if they simply say prices an specs for it will be released in xx weeks, it gives something. Lack of communication suggests bad organisation. 

With lack of i4 info, there will for sure be some that will just go for the v6 but equally there will be some that go elsewhere, particularly as summer 22 has already dropped to autumn22.

• Like 1

construction and property consultants : My company

Ok agree focused sales from them, not a great sales experience for buyers 😉

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

1 hour ago, DJW said:

Also had the £3k call with do I want to lock in configurator spec for V6FE or for i4FE.

Umm, don't like the sound of that :)

That means it is likely I will have to part with 2 lots of 3K then and have to think about both of the cars.

I might even go with 2 V6 cars now and am starting to see the logic in getting both early and chopping in one for an own spec i4 or an Exige.

1 hour ago, marclurr said:

If someone on one of the early roadshow events could takes some pictures of those colour swabs and post them I (and I suspect others) would be very grateful!

Ha, it won;t help. They will look as confusing as the configurator ones! :)

52 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

Each dealer will have their own set

Or go around with the car, of course.

I am hoping the 'bowl' is car shaped and life-size :)

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

I agree with both @Beadyand @C8RKH as they are pushing the V6 clearly but they could have at least mentioned the price of the i4 FE. Ok, we kinda know what it will be don't we..  in a range - ish.

Base i4 = £59,995

F£ V6 = £75,995

I reckon these will not be far out:

Base V6 = £64,995

FE i4 = £70,995

I can't see them being higher. They might be lower. Indeed, they might even be the same!

my guess for I4 FE is also £70-72k but its not really about the money as a £5k swing at this price point is not really going to change much.

however i am also interested in the performance / 0-60 spec. The Launch mentioned 4.5s but the V6 is now showing 4.2/4.3 so an improvement which is great and making me lean back to v6

If the I4 is about the same then i am happy to stick to an i4 as i just think its the future, but if there is say 0.5s difference then i might change - which might mean getting a v6 but might also mean going elsewhere for a couple of years or so until the S version arrives. An Alpine at under £50k looks a good alternative for 8 months, or a Mac570 at 85-90k (once the winter market kicks in) 

The real point of this being i dont know the answers and i don't have any timescale when i might get to know. 

A lot of non traditional lotus fans will have been enticed by the £60k headline and if they are now looking at another 18 months wait then i can imagine a lot asking for their deposits back - which ironically would then speed up the delivery dates for those 'still in'  

• Like 1

construction and property consultants : My company

38 minutes ago, Beady said:

If the I4 is about the same then i am happy to stick to an i4 as i just think its the future, but if there is say 0.5s difference then i might change - which might mean getting a v6 but might also mean going elsewhere for a couple of years or so until the S version arrives. An Alpine at under £50k looks a good alternative for 8 months, or a Mac570 at 85-90k (once the winter market kicks in).

I kinda see this more as a swan song as opposed to the future. Lotus is going electric, hell everyone is going electric. I see the Emira as the last time a normal person will be able to buy a brand new manual, sports car, and I want in on that before the opportunity is potentially lost forever. 

I’m also not convinced there will be an S version of the V6. I think they will do the GT4 and then the V6 will be gone and the AMG unit will get given the love until the Emira is discontinued. 

Edited by Wake
  • Like 2

Yep, only about 5k difference is most people's opinion.

This 0-60 thing...  Always feels great but it is only a part of a bigger picture.

I believe Lotus is playing this down and I actually expect the cars to hit 4.0s once the journos start hammering them.  Of course, when the AMG i4 gets to the same sort of 400+ power figure it will be even faster - DCT always is.  

I am not going to wait for that. We could be talking 2024. 

• Like 1

Maybe it’s just me but I’m feeling very unimpressed currently.  I got all excited when I saw the Emira and it’s pricing was going to start below £60k.  For me this car is all about the looks, the sound and the way it drives.  I don’t even care if it’s got a radio let alone heavy electric seats.

We we’re emailed telling us we were priority customers and would know everything first and then I’m told by a mate the pricing etc is all over the internet.  Nothing communicated to me from Lotus and so much for you’ll be the first to know.

So I now find myself needing to wait to some point in 2023 for delivery and I’m going to be asked tor more money with only the most basic of information. I don’t know how much it will cost me to spec the car in colour and interior or if that price will be fixed or change over time. I don’t even know performance for the I4 or how it will sound.  And there is the wait.

Really struggling to stay in despite how much I wanted this car.  I think there will be a lot of people who were enticed by the starting price feeling the same today?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aEdMIRA said:

Great! Thank you!

Anyone who placed a deposit as late as FOS had a call yet? Or even early July before FOS? At the price and options included I’m 100% in, but I fear that 0330 number won’t be ringing any time soon! 

scrap that - see there is another thread covering this

Edited by E1M2I3R4A
Wrong thread