Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 14 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

42 minutes ago, Snorkel said:

Oh, didn't know it was hidden... Somebody posted it on FB. 😶

If it's out of place, maybe one of the moderators can remove it? 

I was only joking. It's bound to be posted all over the place :)

• Like 1

Ok, thanks. Last thing I want to do is to spoil someones fun. I totally respect the fact that deposit holders get extra info, but I didn't notice it wasn't meant for others. 

Edited by Snorkel

It looks like it's only applicable for deposit holders in the UK who have been registered with Lotus' HQ - I haven't received anything being in CH, so I'm very grateful to the guys posting it here!

• Like 1

@emstan How are Swiss people liking the Emira?  Lot's of deposits? I would assume it will be a super rare car over there. 

I think we should all organise a Swiss Car Meet and we all come over to see you.😃

Seriously...

Stelvio-Alps-Tour.jpg.e70faf3fc24c9fd2b565ed9a57d8d2b3.jpg

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM

You'll probably see a few Emira on that section of road before the customer cars start being delivered - it was where the development Elises where taken.  Some of those Emira-in-Evora-bodywork mules have probably been there already.

I'd be up for an Emira owners driving tour over that way and on into Italy...

• Like 1

The video was interesting in what wasn’t mentioned. Endless mentions of “looks” fast, “looks” agile, “looks” like a super car. Only mention of performance was “it’s got super car looks and sports car performance”. I also notice the sub 4.5s claim to 60 has been removed from the website.

My 2p is that the Emira is a cash creating stop gap, it’s been designed for mass market appeal until they produce an EV, which will no doubt have supercar looks and potentially hyper car performance. It’s certainly pretty, and has many features that will have huge mass market appeal, many people are loving the looks and don’t seem that fussed about the performance. It’s selling well and will keep Lotus going whilst they get on with the inevitable EV future. I expect at that point they really will nail it.

15 hours ago, Matt W said:

many people are loving the looks and don’t seem that fussed about the performance

Yeah. I feel that way. Well, if it doesn't blow me away on the dynamics I will still love it for its looks and heritage.

14 hours ago, Simon Bateman said:

At the top of the Stelvio in 2019.

Oh man.  Yes, pleeeeeease.  I;d like to do on a bike and in a car.

1 hour ago, Evotion said:

Yeah. I feel that way. Well, if it doesn't blow me away on the dynamics I will still love it for its looks and heritage.

Oh man.  Yes, pleeeeeease.  I;d like to do on a bike and in a car.

We also drove up the Col de Iseran, (highest paved alp) which had some lovely views.

I'd like to have a go on my bike, but in truth I'd need need to drop half a stone and also change my rear cassette for at least a 28.

20190722_203533.jpg

ha, this is the answer:

https://www.swytchbike.com/p/universal-ebike-conversion-kit/

Missus bought one and it is currently at a bike shop to get fitted as  I was not going to touch it..

• Like 1

On 09/09/2021 at 13:06, TomE said:

You'll probably see a few Emira on that section of road before the customer cars start being delivered - it was where the development Elises where taken.  Some of those Emira-in-Evora-bodywork mules have probably been there already.

I'd be up for an Emira owners driving tour over that way and on into Italy...

Far less glamourous, but I spotted a 'camouflaged' Emira out and about near Wellingborough of all places yesterday. In inverted commmas as the camouflage was emblazoned with large Emira logos not disimmilar to other manufacturer's development vehicles after a reveal. 

No question it was a V6 version as it booted it down a dual carriageway.

31 minutes ago, Evotion said:

ha, this is the answer:

https://www.swytchbike.com/p/universal-ebike-conversion-kit/

Missus bought one and it is currently at a bike shop to get fitted as  I was not going to touch it..

A mate of mine loves a gadget.  He gave me a go on his 'chipped' electric bike and its bonkers.

He reckons he's clocked it above 30mph on the flat and has overtaken mopeds on it.

Still seems like cheating to me.

• Like 1

Honestly it is the best render i have seen for the Emira so far, sadly not a official Lotus picture, if they can replicate that it would definitely be the colour combo i would go for.

• Like 1

Wow, that is amazing red - Just as I was starting to play around with Yellow.

On 10/09/2021 at 16:16, Arun_D said:

Far less glamourous, but I spotted a 'camouflaged' Emira out and about near Wellingborough

Gutted I'm up by wellingborough often and would have loved to have followed it, good spot did it sound good? Does that mean there might be a photograph out there of an emira on the roads!

Edited by Emiralust

• 2 weeks later...

I have put my chosen options in my latest Emira video.

I expect to do another video at B&C when I lock in the spec and part with the 3000.

I have heard nothing about the i4 deposit so that might come in a few months in line with all other i4 news.

Though, at £78k a second V6 is an option.. ish..  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, freefall_junkie said:

with the valve permanently open

That's a bit of me - first mod.

• Like 2

Loving that bit of supercharge whine too. If it's similar to my old XKR there will be a fuse that can be removed which will stop the valve from closing (open was the 'off' position). However on that car the ECU map took the valve into account so in theory performance would be a bit weird, though I only noticed the fuel economy get a bit worse. I guess we'll see what happens with the Emira.

• Like 1