Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira deposits and build slots - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira deposits and build slots

simonb

Does anyone know the routine

Placed a £1000 deposit with Lotus Silverstone at beginning of June; and now see Lotus are taking £2000 build slot depositss directly (by card) on their site

What is correct route in?  Prefer to support the dealer, as that is where my interface will be, but also  dont want to miss out

Apologies for ANOTHER thread, but I think this is a relevant separate topic

• Thanks 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

You beat me to this... I'm properly confused.

I'm guessing that there will be a proper shit-storm if the dealer deposits haven't got you in the queue but the Lotus "Priority" orders will ...

I'm ringing the Dealer who holds my deposit first thing... but I'm not hopeful that they'll be able to give me a clear answer on this.

The Priority Orders info does seem to suggest that the "order window" starts in September.

I was told that I will get the deposits back from the dealer and then Lotus will contact me for the 2 x £2000.

However, the 4-cy might be 6 months later so it wont all be at once.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Deposit placed with Lotus this morning.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

1 hour ago, CocoPops said:

Deposit placed with Lotus this morning.

Dealer or direct?

Might not matter. I was told that the dealers are told to input their deposits first, which is fair.

From a tad or research, the UK deposits look to be in the 2xx region. This will go up after Goodwood. 

At that rate, this does mean that new orders might mean a year on a waiting list.

I do see a premium after initial launch. Expect the Youtubers to flip theirs.

With the new automated production that should be covered in the first couple days work. Not sure if the dealers will be able to keep up handing them over?

Don't forget, Jenson is first in line. 😄

"First customer cars will start to be delivered around the world from next spring. Powering the Emira will be a choice of two petrol engines, both globally respected for their performance characteristics."

Deja vu

"the first cars will be available as limited-production ‘First Edition’ models powered by the much-loved and Lotus-honed 3.5-litre V6 which cut its sports car teeth powering the Exige and Evora."

Lot of little nuggets in Bibs' media postings.

• Gold FFM

I dropped in on B&C this morning to pick up my Lotus water bottle and had a quick chat with Jamie.  He's madly busy, contacting existing deposit holders and handling a stream of email and phone enquiries.  Lots of deposits taken today by B&C, other dealers and by Hethel.

The previous dealer deposits are all being handled sensibly and fairly.  All dealers had to give Hethel their lists of deposit holders earlier this week, including date deposit was paid.  Deposit holders now need to pay their (larger) deposit direct to Lotus and dealers will refund the dealer deposits.  Lotus will allocate build slots based on the date you paid your dealer deposit.  All good.

I suspect 2022 UK production is going to sell out pretty quickly after Goodwood.

18 minutes ago, brightoncorgi said:

I emailed my local dealer this morning to order one.  I hope she replies back.  Want a loaded 4 cylinder.

When you say loaded, what are you expecting to load on to it?

Will be a while before they launch the full options for it I guess.

I certainly hope to see more options for both cars.

We know there are 2 seat options and they aren't mentioned on the configurator so there is hope.

3 minutes ago, TomE said:

I suspect 2022 UK production is going to sell out pretty quickly after Goodwood.

This has always been my belief.  I see a decent markup in the 2nd hand market too. 

If Lotus can pull off the numbers mentioned then maybe not.

On one hand they have global customers eating into the supply chain. On the other hand, only the V6 is being made for the first 3 to 6 months which night temper the order book as many will be waiting for the 4Cyl AMG version.

14 minutes ago, Evotion said:

When you say loaded, what are you expecting to load on to it?

All technology options, track pack.  I wonder if they'll offer special order colors for extra?

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

Just now, brightoncorgi said:

All technology options, track pack.  I wonder if they'll offer special order colors for extra?

Ha, already asked that!

I actually asked for, wait for it:

1. Scissor doors added

2. On view gear mech

3. Legend livery as on the Emira configurator

4. Bespoke exhaust

5. Carbon seats

I  was told there was not chance, at least in the first year.  They won't hold u p the assembly line and there is type approval issues on e couple of them.

Worth a try. Would have taken it over 100k but what a car. :)

42 minutes ago, Evotion said:

Ha, already asked that!

I actually asked for, wait for it:

1. Scissor doors added

2. On view gear mech

3. Legend livery as on the Emira configurator

4. Bespoke exhaust

5. Carbon seats

I  was told there was not chance, at least in the first year.  They won't hold u p the assembly line and there is type approval issues on e couple of them.

Worth a try. Would have taken it over 100k but what a car. :)

I think it was confirmed on the carfection YouTube when they interviewed the designer that the exposed gear linkage similar to the Exige would be available in the Emira. 

8 minutes ago, Wake said:

I think it was confirmed on the carfection YouTube when they interviewed the designer that the exposed gear linkage similar to the Exige would be available in the Emira. 

Oooh, I hope so. I won' believe it until I see it in print. :)

17 minutes ago, freefall_junkie said:

I placed mine too this morning via the Lotus website. Did you get any email confirmation afterwards? I have had nothing which seems a bit odd.

Hold on, it wasn't www.lotusdeposit.ru was it?

All good, turns out the confirmation email was intercepted by my office spam filters 🙂 I'd be interested to know how many deposits they take in the next week. Lots I suspect - it such a stunning looking car. Visually a Cayman or 911 are about as appealing as a Vauxhall Vectra in comparison.

• Like 1

I believe my dealer had dozens since last night.

It will step up again post-Goodwood.

As somebody said, 2022's allocation might be done and dusted at this pace by the end of summer. Depends on how many orders there are in the EU, USA and China.

Either way, get your deposits in now!

My dealer is taking copies of photo ID with an email on interest of Emira for right now.  They'll circle back for deposits once they have more information to do so.  I put my name on the list. 

The color selection is pretty limited for now.  Hard to believe there is no white or classic BRG.  Is the nimbus grey the same as the nimbus grey on an Audi?  I am digging the hethel yellow and magma red.

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Evotion said:

This has always been my belief.  I see a decent markup in the 2nd hand market too. 

If Lotus can pull off the numbers mentioned then maybe not.

On one hand they have global customers eating into the supply chain. On the other hand, only the V6 is being made for the first 3 to 6 months which night temper the order book as many will be waiting for the 4Cyl AMG version.

Hethel can build 5,000 Emira a year with one shift.  Deliveries start in spring 2022 for V6 and late summer for i4.  I'd reckon there will be no more than 1,000 UK cars in 2022.  Deposits already placed for nearly a third of that before the launch.  One dealer now has over 100 deposits.

7 minutes ago, TomE said:

Hethel can build 5,000 Emira a year with one shift.  Deliveries start in spring 2022 for V6 and late summer for i4.  I'd reckon there will be no more than 1,000 UK cars in 2022.  Deposits already placed for nearly a third of that before the launch.  One dealer now has over 100 deposits.

Just thinking of those late to the game. The 4cyl release will definitely impact the production of earlier ordered v6 cars. 

If nothing goes wrong then 5000 should cover it globally.  

I expect demand to be great. The knock on affect however might put others on a long waiting list.

• Gold FFM
5 minutes ago, Evotion said:

Just thinking of those late to the game. The 4cyl release will definitely impact the production of earlier ordered v6 cars. 

If nothing goes wrong then 5000 should cover it globally.  

I expect demand to be great. The knock on affect however might put others on a long waiting list.

Well they'll have roughly 6 months of building only V6 cars until i4 deliveries start, so they should be able to get a good way through the V6 order book.  Those ordering an i4 will have the tantalising situation of seeing V6 cars out and running long before the first i4 cars. 

• Thanks 1