Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Regret buying a final edition? - Page 7 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Regret buying a final edition?

Matt W

5 hours ago, TTim said:

I don't mind but I can't go out in the morning without waking up the household and neighborhood 🤣

Oh, always taught that coming home late is problematic for the neighbours... but I see that even early birds have similar problems 😆

8 hours ago, TTim said:

I haven't got past run in miles yet but I feel like my exhaust valve isn't set up. It sounds consistently loud everywhere and doesn't get exponentially louder at 4500rpm like others describe. 

I don't mind but I can't go out in the morning without waking up the household and neighborhood 🤣

sssh! Keep that to yourself otherwise everyone will want their exhaust valve's to be the same! Haha!

There are threads on it around here that show how simple it is, probably a hose loose in the engine bay.

Edit:
This was the post I was thinking of:

Edited by Sam Downey

Is the TFT dash in in the Final Editions the one with the GPS datalogger? Is it the same as offered in the ‘plug and play’ Digital Instrument Pack from the 2020 or is it some lite variant of it without the GPS logger?

Anyone knows?

It is a 'lite' version. No GPS.
I think it is the same hardware, so presumably could be upgraded with add on modules like the gps, but i have no idea if this is possible or offered by Lotus, haven't heard anything about that.

• Like 1

Yes AiM original unit would be better with lots more features. Doubt anyone has bothered to replace the factory version with one yet, but don't see why it wouldn't work if you wanted to.
AFAIK The factory version offers no benefit over the AiM one at all. But it comes with the car so, cool, i guess?

9 minutes ago, Sam Downey said:

AFAIK The factory version offers no benefit over the AiM one at all. But it comes with the car so, cool, i guess?

Means Lotus Digital Instrument Pack is identical unit as the AiM? 

The one that comes with the car isn't upgradable to Aim firmware. I also tried to find out if lotus was going to do an upgrade pack but never got a reply. There was a thread on one of the forums where someone bricked the factory unit putting the aim firmware on. 

I don't think the factory one is particularly good, its very basic and somewhat sluggish in its response to rev changes. Feels like more of a gimmick. 

17 minutes ago, Matt W said:

I don't think the factory one is particularly good, its very basic and somewhat sluggish in its response to rev changes. Feels like more of a gimmick. 

That’s a pity. Make sense for 390, but for 410/430 they should go all in and put the best dash. Could be they had some type approval issues and created lite versions.  But as far as AiM exists and forks on FE cars, I am happy.  Will use RaceChrono or Harry’s Laptimer for the first track activity. Thanks for clarifying differences between them. 

• 2 weeks later...

There is few Final Editions out there in unlisted colors. We are all aware of Davids Plum Crazy Exige, but I found out about another two still on sale in France.

420 in Championship Gold:
https://roadracingcenter.com/portfolio-item/exige-final-edition-sport-420-championship-gold/

430 in Airforce Blue
https://roadracingcenter.com/portfolio-item/lotus-exige-cup-430-airforceblue/

What do you think? I really like both ones and I'm also kinda sad that I didn't know more about Lotus colors before specing mine from configurator. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my choice, but there is so much more there

• Like 2

I like the gold one, but would have specced it with black pack delete, and with black wheels 😎

18 hours ago, Inversed said:

There is few Final Editions out there in unlisted colors. We are all aware of Davids Plum Crazy Exige, but I found out about another two still on sale in France.

https://roadracingcenter.com/portfolio-item/exige-final-edition-sport-420-championship-gold/

430 in Airforce Blue

What do you think? I really like both ones and I'm also kinda sad that I didn't know more about Lotus colors before specing mine from configurator. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my choice, but there is so much more there

What are you saying, that I have shamelessly self promoted mine? 😧

Ah yes, probably guilty as charged 🤣

On 10/11/2021 at 07:44, Inversed said:

430 in Airforce Blue

That place seems to spec some interesting cars. I saw they had an ad for a Nightfall blue/Monaco white V6 Exige at one point, like my beloved Elise Sports Racer. I've never seen another Exige like it. That is my favourite colour combo on and Elise S2, but as nice as it was I'm not sure it really suited the Exige. 

• 5 months later...
On 04/08/2021 at 09:23, CocoPops said:

Really? Hadn’t guessed :lol:

How many Emira threads have you started? 😛

Lol keep the emira ,less perfomance ,less price,poor mans final edition exige ,just a fact

Edited by JON leicester

On 09/09/2021 at 11:58, Evotion said:

For now, I am keeping the deposits and buying intent for the V6 and AMG i4 Emiras but I suspect that I will sell the AMG after a few months and get an Exige.  This makes it 2023 so it seems such a long way off. I would love an Exige now but can't afford one until next year and then the Emira hits me.

There is also the small chance I will prefer the i4! So I will wait.

small chance prefer i4, believe me there isnt ,old adage get what you pay for never beeen more true and 1/2 million pound performance for 100k  fully kitted 420 ,absolute bargain exige all day long

• 1 year later...
On 08/07/2021 at 08:57, CocoPops said:

The fact I’ve placed a deposit to buy an Emira ALONGSIDE my Cup250FE (still delayed) is an indication that it’s an every day sports car, not the track toy the Elise is.

And to update this… I cancelled my order for i4 Emira.

Price increases (not cool after the Windle YouTube saying no increases to deposit holders) and delays, still no sign of i4…

So, in answer to original question, do I regret ordering a Final Editon? Absolutely not, and more so now!

• Like 2

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

And there goes another long standing Lotus 1.0 customer who has bought at least 3 new Lotus cars in the past 6 years or so. So sad.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 1 month later...
On 09/07/2021 at 05:00, PhilT said:

You just have to have both...

As Bibs said, the Exige is a scalpel. I took a guy with a 911 GT3 round Silverstone on a track day (we were in the same garage) he was quite talkative until Stowe corner...

GT3s post the 997 are nothing compared to an exige... unless you opt for manual they basically do the driving for you!  GT3s are much bigger and heavier too. Bought my Exige 410 after successive Porsche GT cars and the Lotus is so much rawer and demanding.