Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira UK Roadshow - Page 9 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira UK Roadshow

Evotion

2 hours ago, Evotion said:

The red is VERY similar to Fire Red as I mentioned. 

I'd agree with this. I took the colour sample outside too and thought it was almost identical to the exige

50 minutes ago, MaJiK said:

Did anyone ask about the cost of options?

I asked when the prices would be available and the guy seemed to think that they'd get through the V6 FE window before releasing the pricing details for the later versions, which personally I think is disappointing. He mentioned £3k or £3.5k (I forget which!) saving for the FE spec.

That is quite different in tone.

In some lights the green still looks darn good.  Real nightmare.

If one generally likes green then it is still a good colour.  It was #1 in the Poll.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

4 hours ago, Evotion said:

20210928_121840.thumb.jpg.d4eb72700468c71159b20654d373fe1d.jpg

The red is very similar to Fire Red on exige.

Fire Red is a very interesting colour, quite a moody maroon in low light, very 'red' in medium light, pops with gold flecks in full sunlight. I wonder if the Magma Red has the same gold metallic flecks? The colour looks good on the Elise and the Exige but I think the Evora carries it off even better - silver or diamond cut wheels for me please :yes:

Fire Red Evora GT Just Delivered! | The Lotus Cars Community

EDIT: :lol: This photo has gone a bit crazy on my screen - click it for a better view!

We now need somebody with some serious photoshop skills to show us what the colours will REALLY look like on the Emira .,....pretty please :)

Edited by duncx

45 minutes ago, duncx said:

We now need somebody with some serious photoshop skills to show us what the colours will REALLY look like on the Emira .,....pretty please

err that's Lotus i think.... and real cars

construction and property consultants : My company

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, MaJiK said:

Did anyone ask about the cost of options?

Like how much of a saving is the FE vs own spec car with same item?

Thanks for all the photos guys, I have to wait until the 11th for my first look.

I was told at Goodwood the FE bundle was going to be a £2-3k saving over adding them own-spec.

21 minutes ago, E1M2I3R4A said:

Just back from B&C. No info on options pricing but was told categorically by one of the Lotus fellas who seemed to know what he was talking about that the base I4 will be £58k. Double checked with him and confirmed £58k to work in market against the competition. May be that I’ve missed it but don’t think I’ve seen that number quoted before. 

This would be a little bizarre given the lotus website states 59995 as the base edition starting price.

then it also says i4 autumn and someone suggested this wasn’t correct either

im beginning to wonder if lotus  really know what they’re getting themselves into!!

26 minutes ago, E1M2I3R4A said:

Just back from B&C. No info on options pricing but was told categorically by one of the Lotus fellas who seemed to know what he was talking about that the base I4 will be £58k. Double checked with him and confirmed £58k to work in market against the competition. May be that I’ve missed it but don’t think I’ve seen that number quoted before. 

On delivery timing, late April /early May for first cars, but got the impression it will be May, so late Spring. With my Goodwood Friday deposit, was told likely towards end of 2022. Also told 2,750 UK deposits currently and similar number for overseas (with around 50% of those being US). Since pricing announced for V6 FE 20 deposits pulled per day but 25 new ones placed.

Might not be right but that’s what I was told this evening. Still no clue on colour.  

I thought base was £59,995?

1 minute ago, Bibs said:

Scott is the Head of UK Sales at Lotus and an all round legend 👍

Cool need to get to know him then 😁👍

• Gold FFM
20 minutes ago, Jimbobc said:

Does Scott work directly for Lotus and therefore will be at other events?

He is UK Head of Sales so I expect he will be at many/all of them. There are others there from Hethel too.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TomE said:

Useful info. If that was Scott it’ll be 100% accurate. 

Wasn’t Scott but was someone that one of the other Lotus guys went to fetch when he couldn’t answer any of my questions. Spoke with confidence on the subject - was able to quote order numbers pre Goodwood and for each day of Goodwood, which put my 9 July deposit around 800 on the list. Sounded about right. 

• Like 1

What’s the general feeling on the build quality of the car and interior for those that have been to the roadshow so far?

It’s my one area of concern 

1 hour ago, E1M2I3R4A said:

With my Goodwood Friday deposit, was told likely towards end of 2022

Blimey, that is scary.

Since pricing announced for V6 FE 20 deposits pulled per day but 25 new ones placed.

+5 net per day. That is still healthy given overall numbers. If early testing by journos goes very well then Lotus will get another influx of orders for the Own-Spec cars. Really, that what it is now about as the FE run is spoken for.

10 minutes ago, Mctaff said:

What’s the general feeling on the build quality of the car and interior for those that have been to the roadshow so far?

It’s my one area of concern 

Ha. well.. remember this is a mule of sorts. I will be honest though.

First off, sitting in the car is exceptional. Easy to get on and the use of Alcantara was perfect. There was carpet on the seats which even looked like Alcantara but will be better wearing.

The seats were super stiff, which I like. I felt truly supported and they looks the nuts.

I had a good feel of ALL the switchgear for play and found none. I found the overall quality of the 'bits and bobs' secondary items to be very good.

The steering wheel is a joy, in every way, in terms of looks and feel.

The screens look epic and are multi-functional.

There were Emira branded carpets in the footwells and they looked great.

The space behind the seats looked very small to me, smaller than I would have though. Itw as more briefcase size than suitcase size.

I went around pulling at the plastics and nothing wobbled.

The bad bits... . The cup holder surround wobbled and lifted loose. The door was harder to close than I expected - just needs more oomph.

That's it. All in all. Pretty good.

• Like 2

Wasn’t Scott but was someone that one of the other Lotus guys went to fetch when he couldn’t answer any of my questions. Spoke with confidence on the subject - was able to quote order numbers pre Goodwood and for each day of Goodwood, which put my 9 July deposit around 800 on the list. Sounded about right. 

I'm wondering if it is the same queue for UK/overseas (or left-hand drive/right-hand drive) cars...

• Gold FFM

If not immediately outside the dealership (fairly limited spaces unless they’ve moved the stock) then there are access/slip roads in each direction parallel to the main road with space. 

• Like 1