Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Questions… - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Questions…

Nathan Pitman

Hi all. So I have a deposit down on the Emira but have a few questions which Lotus don’t seem able to answer direct, so hoping someone here can help - perhaps with a prod at Lotus HQ.

1) Will Lotus be making photos of the other paint finishes available ahead of finalisation of configuration or the option to visit Hethel and see car shells in the option colours? The samples provided at the preview event were not sufficient to evaluate how they behave on a sculptural surface. 

2) Will samples of the light grey leather interior be available to view ahead of finalisation for configuration. I was very keen to see this but no sample was made available at The preview event.

3) Will it be possible to visit Hethel to sit in a production car to check seat height and pedal position (clutch travel in particular). I did not get on with the Evora seating or clutch position so I am cautious about confirming without having sat in a production spec car. 

4) Will you be providing a “UK track safe” exhaust option for the V6? I would like to track the car but the current range of V6 cars cannot be tracked without significant aftermarket modification.

5) Assuming that points 1, 2 and 3 cannot be satisfied before confirming an order, how many days will I have to return the car if I am not happy with the colour, interior finish, seat/pedal position etc and are returns at no cost?

6) Finally (sorry!) can you confirm what improvements have been made to the auto box since the Evora 400 and whether the paddles will be plastic (per the show car) of metal (per the Evora)? I am considering this as an option to mitigate point 3!

:)

Final bonus question, how easy will it be to remove the “First Edition” badge on the exterior? Not a fan - would much prefer a Union Jack as per the Evija.
Edited by Nathan Pitman
  • Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

As I have posted on another thread I share your concerns on point 3) re the driving position. After the roadshow I am sure many others will be the same, especially tall drivers.  It is a big ask to go ahead with the order when all you have seen is a show car with perched, non-production seats. Of course I could slip down the queue and wait for the demo cars to come out, but that could mean delivery delayed until 2023. At least I'd really like to know exactly how much lower the production seat will be, what the range of height adjustment is, and how the lowest setting compares to an Evora. I am sure someone at Lotus could give a straightforward answer to this.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nathan Pitman said:

5) Assuming that points 1, 2 and 3 cannot be satisfied before confirming an order, how many days will I have to return the car if I am not happy with the colour, interior finish, seat/pedal position etc and are returns at no cost?

Good question - I wonder (in the UK) if the distance selling regulations will apply as the purchase could be classed as online (through phone calls and internet deposits/payments). If so, there should be no financial penalty to the purchaser as far as I am aware. Not sure how this would apply to UK road tax and delivery/on the road charges. I'm sure that there will be someone here with legal knowledge that will be able to advise further.

Edited by Bibs
  • Like 1

Yes, considering the huge waiting list, I'm sure there will be someone who will gladly take it off your hands if you don't want it.  You can even hem and haw and pretend you're thinking about selling it, and see if someone will offer you more than you paid for it.

• Like 1

Just my opinion, it can be an issue buying what are basically advance products with their inherent limitations but as already stated, if your not happy just 3 choices:

Withdraw, Drop down the line, Take it and if not to your satisfaction Sell on. nothing to lose but time.

• Like 1

The 400/410 (same system) is laugh-out-loud hilarious how loud it is with the valve open.

Ripping up to the redline in second and third for the first time is quite the ear-opener.

A GTS 4.0 is quiet by comparison, even with the sports exhaust open (I had one on loan for a couple of weeks).

However, if trackdays are your thing, you are severely limited where you can go without changing the silencer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnhoward said:

Would agree 100%. My 410 Sport auto sounds great and in sport mode you get a blip on paddle downshifts and also get pops from the exhaust on deceleration, it all sounds very good. I much prefer it to my previous car with was a 5.0L F-type (2015 model year) and the exhaust sound got a bit too much with pops and crackles constantly even at speeds as low as 10mph! The Evora is just right, a great soundtrack that you can mute if you need to (early in the morning/late at night or whatever), but it never sounds fake or manufactured like some cars (the Jaguar being an example).

You are right, the Jag F-type soundtrack is ridiculous, my 981 is sometimes embarrassing in Sport mode and the AMG A45 too synthesised, hopefully Lotus won't go down the fake noise route.

Did a fly by a friend in the Evora 400 auto at full revs on the motorway and was told there was some nice blue flame from the exhaust at upshift.:cool:

The 400 was actually too loud when on it. A tad quieter will be perfect 👍 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ62d88s-Cz/?utm_medium=copy_link

Some one mention a 410 on lower revs. No fake sounds there.   not sure you are going to get that with a 4pot?

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...