Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 132 Deposits - Eletre Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 132 Deposits

exeterjeep

Anyone else placed some sort of deposit for a 132 yet, just 2 members above say that they have.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just got back for the vets and found this as well.   Difficult to know what to do, could put a deposit down but likely to withdraw when I see how big it is.

Does not seem to have any deposit terms and conditions etc.  

Anyone been thru this yet?

Chris, quite a different sort of car switching from an i4 Emira to an electric SUV ???.

• 1 month later...

Waiting for specifications, colours, configurator to go live/2nd deposit due; 2nd half of year?

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Probably the best two car garage any Lotus enthusiast could wish for. Congratulations pal 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarrylV8 said:

Waiting for specifications, colours, configurator to go live/2nd deposit due; 2nd half of year?

Will be interesting to actually see one. Also no idea yet of price, whether it be a launch edition or a 'basic' one without some of the extras that most people do not need. My hope is that the 134 will be quite a bit smaller and possibly replace the RR evoque.

Elan M100 S2 due today.

I'd like to have then a nice set of gt430/M100 and a 134?

• Like 1

I was surprised when the missus liked it!

Might have a chance. I like it a lot and at some point we have to go EV to make up for the guzzling the current cars do.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Still only an initial £2K deposit, with further £3K second half of year

Darryl & Sue

And still only no price or Uk tour. J

ust some silly phrases on Lotus' facebook.

Who I will become is up to me.

Who I was will never change.

I am led by my Legacy.

• 4 weeks later...

I did the opposite, pulled my deposit this week!

No comms from either nominated dealer or HQ on prices, delivery dates or even an actual order date.

Told Customer Care this isn’t a great start with trying to lure customers wanting to spend £100k

Gone with the new RR Sport PHEV. Launch, Configurator, spec, deposit and delivery date (this year) all in same week as a contrast!

Will look again once it does finally appear.

To be fair, the new RR Sport does well on emissions so isn't that expensive on tax (mine is a company car).  They look wonderful and I am sure it will be a fabulous car.  Just a bit tarnished by our last Disco 5 - was technically brilliant but woefully unreliable - ended up on first name terms with JLR's Global Customer Relations Manager!!  Replaced with X7.

My nominated dealer (Sussex) isn't opening until June 6th so will give them a chance.  Don't need/want to change my car for a year so really not too bothered at the moment.  But as you say, they will definitely need to up their game to woo customers spending at this level.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 18/05/2022 at 12:50, Chris_H said:

I did the opposite, pulled my deposit this week!

No comms from either nominated dealer or HQ on prices, delivery dates or even an actual order date.

Told Customer Care this isn’t a great start with trying to lure customers wanting to spend £100k

Gone with the new RR Sport PHEV. Launch, Configurator, spec, deposit and delivery date (this year) all in same week as a contrast!

Will look again once it does finally appear.

So the same approach to customer care as on the Emira then.

I've cancelled my Eletre deposit.  I'm (hopefully) only 1-2 months away on the Emira delivery so will stick it out, as I know the car will be brilliant.  I've given up on expecting any improvement in customer care.  But I'm not going to endure a repeat of the same terrible early adopter process all over again with a largely unknown quantity in terms of the car.  I'll wait for demo cars to be available and have another look then.

The 10th Edition of the Road Rat features the Eletre, only available to depositors?

Darryl & Sue

• 1 month later...

Had a read of Central Lotus copy of Road Rat, nothing jumped out as being new information 

Darryl & Sue

23 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

Had a read of Central Lotus copy of Road Rat, nothing jumped out as being new information 

True. But nice pictures.....

• Like 1