Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 132 Deposits - Page 2 - Eletre & Emeya Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 132 Deposits

exeterjeep

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid to say I pulled my order yesterday for a couple of reasons.  Firstly, I've been an early adopter on two cars before (namely JLR ones - Range Rover and Disco 5) and had no end of problems.  The complete lack of communication from my dealer slightly concerns me and with no disrespect to Lotus, I am not seeing any change from times gone by.  That's fine with a weekend toy but not with my daily that HAS to work.  Lastly, I run my own business and I know this winter is going to be hard on my employees financially.  For me to then have a pretty flashy new car come spring would be wrong.

Doesn't mean I won't buy one but I'm happy to sit out and wait.  Hardly slumming it in the 7 series!

• Like 1

Other reason forgot to add, I feel the 133 may well be the better car for me anyway!

• Like 1

We keep asking the customer care team for the size of the boot, don't really see how this would adversely hurt Lotus if released.

Certainly getting a little peeved with lack of information being released. Yes I know someone would need to take a good old fashioned tape measure to the inside of the boot before we hear the comics in the audience 😀

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• Gold FFM
50 minutes ago, DarrylV8 said:

We keep asking the customer care team for the size of the boot, don't really see how this would adversely hurt Lotus if released.

Certainly getting a little peeved with lack of information being released. Yes I know someone would need to take a good old fashioned tape measure to the inside of the boot before we hear the comics in the audience 😀

I had an email from Lotus yesterday basically refusing to provide some specification information on the Emira.  And that's a car that's type approved and starting production.  Even the unofficial publication of the handbooks this week resulted in a takedown by Lotus.  I took a tape measure to Goodwood to get some unpublished Emira dimensions, as Lotus wouldn't provide them.

The process and experience on Eletre looks like it will be as painful and frustrating as it's been on Emira.  One of the reasons why I pulled my Eletre deposit.

They released the schematic diagrams on the Emira. I can't think what measurements you might need.

Could you buy one of the scale models, take the measurement and scale it up? (only joking)

@DarrylV8It's all computerised models so no tape measure needed. They will know the boot capacity but for some reason don't want to publish it. To keep the competition guessing? Chinese naturally secretive nature?

I would expect it is protection against competitor cars also in development or starting development who will be able to ensure they are equal or better the luggage space.  If they are targeting class leading dimensions, I'd stay tight lipped too.

I don't think it will be hard for anyone to better it - even the guys at Lotus at Goodwood told me it's honestly quite small!  Perhaps that's reason no 5 for cancelling.....  🧐🤣

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

They released the schematic diagrams on the Emira. I can't think what measurements you might need.

Could you buy one of the scale models, take the measurement and scale it up? (only joking)

@DarrylV8It's all computerised models so no tape measure needed. They will know the boot capacity but for some reason don't want to publish it. To keep the competition guessing? Chinese naturally secretive nature?

Number plate plinth dimensions and mounting details.  Sounds trivial, but of interest to quite a few people.  In the past, UK plates were fitted by dealers and so there was some "flexibility" on plate size and location.  Under the new agency model, Lotus fit the mounting plinths at the factory and the plates at the PDI centre before delivery and will only fit a standard UK plate in a standard way.  I was looking at whether the plinth would cope with swapping for a short plate as I have a 5-character registration.  An easy question for Lotus to answer but they wouldn't, so it was easy for me to measure it instead.

46 minutes ago, TomE said:

in a standard way.

That could be the double sided tape stuff, or a nice pair of holes that may not be totally hidden by a short plate?

• Gold FFM

It's a two-part system.  A plinth is held by four self tapping bolts into the lower lip, so leaves four big holes visible if you remove it.  There is then a country-specific plate holder that bolts into the plinth.  The plate itself is double-sided taped to the plate holder.  The plate holder is sized for a standard sized UK plate, so using a shorter plate means taking a hacksaw to it.  A plate holder from another country might work instead, but no details available yet.

In the US, as front plates aren't a legal requirement in some states, Lotus will supply the cars with the plinth and mount as separate items for the dealers to fit.  Hence no need to make holes in the front lip if you have an alternative arrangement.  Lotus have refused to do this in the UK, saying it is a legal requirement for them to fit a front plate.

You can see the plinth without the plate holder on this development car:

spacer.png

5 hours ago, GuyT said:

I don't think it will be hard for anyone to better it - even the guys at Lotus at Goodwood told me it's honestly quite small!  Perhaps that's reason no 5 for cancelling.....  🧐🤣

Lotus are/were aiming for 450ltrs agree not as big as an estate car but still large enough for two large 150ltr suitcases, but would be interested to know the dimensions to ensure two cases will fit, as I said above don’t see that revealing information on a smallish space is going to be much benefit to the opposition 🤔 but if @Techyd knows/says otherwise I’m happy to shut up.

Darryl & Sue

Also hoping the boot area will take 5 rucksacks, which will keep the grandsons happy, when it’s just Sue and me going on a cruise we should be able to put one maybe both suitcases in the rear seat area surely this is not too much to ask for such a large ESUV?

if this needs moving to a new/different thread please do as it’s definitely going sideways 

Darryl & Sue

• 3 months later...

Hi newbie here but I am already a current EV owner. Currently have an i4M50 but I am seriously considering putting down a deposit on the new Eletre, already have one on the new Macan EV but it looks like that is delayed at least to 2024 at the earliest so the Eletre is looking all the more appealing.

The Eletre R is just overkill, no SUV deserves that much power but I imagine if an brand can harness this much power it would be Lotus, for me after weighing everything up the basic Eletre is by far the best option because the few things you gain with the S is not really required imo.

Unlike the rest of you in the UK we here in Northern Ireland haven’t a main dealer yet though this is changing early 2023 so hopefully I will be able to actually see it in person and see whether to keep the deposit of jump ship. I don’t see size being a problem for me as I am use to Range Rover Sports which is probably similar though this shouldn’t be as tall.

Edited by Footie
  • Like 1

Currently driving an i4M50

Hi, welcome to TLF 

Hopefully you will get to see an Eletre and keep your deposit in, we are also in the “basic” camp 

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue