Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Are Lotus gearing up for a second shift? - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Are Lotus gearing up for a second shift?

TomE

• Gold FFM

Is Lotus planning and recruitment for a second shift now underway?  This came up today on my feed:

44B56F9E-9BA4-45ED-9F90-77C59296A961.jpeg

8BD20EC5-03F3-4D9A-A8A9-BA68B33B0F6C.jpeg

Good news if that’s the case. They have a lot of open vacancies, which is good but challenging too. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

One could ask why have Lotus not already started a second shift given the global demand?

I suspect the answer is common sense and they are building up momentum and tweaking anything that is, well, out of tweak. 

One think never talked about is spare parts. At what point do Lotus start building extras of everything should something go wrong on a car. This covers everything from knobs and buttons to transmissions and panels.

I'd love to work there!  I'd do a 3 month marketing contract for minimal wage. :)

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

The other consideration is just how long it takes to employ and train new people - not the work of a moment. Those frustrated at just how long they think things are taking need to appreciate the job in front of Lotus and just how massive a shift from where they were it is. It’ll all come in good time👍

• Gold FFM

Exactly, the lead time on hiring and training is significant.  I suspect they have some plans already underway but will review/adjust once press reviews and dealer demos are out, so they have a feel for continuing demand beyond the initial launch peak.  Whilst we all want our cars quicker, there's no point ramping up for a transitory peak.

• Gold FFM

LAS is where the Emira chassis and front/rear sub-frames are built.  I think it's also where the Lotus training academy is based for the factory and is used for recruitment open events for the whole group?

• Like 1

Thats spell check for you..... we will be spelling color next...  on the news the other day about doing a way with written exams 🤣

Edited by Andy Jet