Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cost of living! - Page 38 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Cost of living!

Bibs

Sewerage isn't paid for in the council tax. It is paid to the water company. You pay for the delivery of water and the disposal of waste (including the drainage system for rainwater). We don't pay for sewerage only for the delivery of water as we are on a septic tank. Hence our water bill is small compared to others although we do have to pay to have the septic tank emptied every so often. 

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

It is included in Cypriot Council tax not water companies.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

2 hours ago, Kimbers said:

It is included in Cypriot Council tax not water companies.

Yeah but you said you paid it for it in your £2300 UK council tax bill. Make your mind up where you are. 😜

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I get virtually nothing for that Ian. No street lighting, no Green Spaces looked after, Weeds growing out of the curb and waste taken once every 2 weeks. Plus I have to pay for green waste to be taken. It's all wrong wrongity wrong wrong

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

I get virtually nothing for that Ian. No street lighting, no Green Spaces looked after, Weeds growing out of the curb and waste taken once every 2 weeks. Plus I have to pay for green waste to be taken. It's all wrong wrongity wrong wrong

We have one lamppost in our road, the grass verges get cut about once in a blue moon, and they look like a bad haircut when finished. As a result, most people have taken to cutting the verges outside their houses in desperation. We also have to pay for green waste removal, and have twice weekly bin collections, when the dustmen try their hardest to leave shit everywhere.

For this, we pay £3,220 a year.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

We have no lampposts - the verges are cut once in a blue moon (single track road so does cause a problem). Bins collected once every 2 weeks. £3550 a year

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

@Kimbers, it does help to pay the wages of the Police.

If you want verges cut, use your local council's highways portal and lodge an issue. Streetlights will be the Parish Council and if you want some, ask them to have them installed - as well as the Police, a %age of your council tax goes to your Parish Council's precept to cover local costs.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

What wages. Some of us do it for free! :P And to mention that, some regions get a discount on their council tax for being things like a Special or a Volunteer paramedic.

Rochdale for example offer a 50% discount! We get zippo!

Move to Rochdale?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bibs said:

@Kimbers, it does help to pay the wages of the Police.

If you want verges cut, use your local council's highways portal and lodge an issue. Streetlights will be the Parish Council and if you want some, ask them to have them installed - as well as the Police, a %age of your council tax goes to your Parish Council's precept to cover local costs.

Honestly, whenever the verges are cut round here, they make right hash of it. We end up knee- deep in grass cuttings, cos they haven’t done it for ages, and they use a gang mower, so like I said, it looks like a bad haircut, they never bother trimming, or edging. 

Margate Exotics.