Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Exige 380 Sport - Seats and engine louvre? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Exige 380 Sport - Seats and engine louvre?

Hi all,

I've had my 380 a couple weeks now now, absolutely love it so different to anything else I've owned.  Can't wait to get it on a track day !  

Quick question on seats however.... I'm 6ft tall, 34 inch waist 105kg generally a big build.  I'm struggling with the carbon Lotus seats fitted - I don't have enough head room and it's tight over my shoulders, not unbearable but all just a bit tight.  I'm visiting Tillet in a couple of weeks to try a B5 seat but I wanted to see if there's any other recommendations? 

Secondly, I've got the standard black plastic engine lourve does anyone know if it's possible to change it to a full like the pic attached? 

image.png.45b36452c6a7b2de883fdc75bc517111.png

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
18 minutes ago, Diablos-666 said:

I have V6S and I changed the rear glass panel to that louvred one. There were just a couple of components that needed to be swapped over

Did you fit the boot stay that these boot lids use, or did you drill/fit rivnuts, then use the original gas struts?

On 06/03/2022 at 17:10, Ollie260 said:

Quick question on seats however.... I'm 6ft tall, 34 inch waist 105kg generally a big build.  I'm struggling with the carbon Lotus seats fitted - I don't have enough head room and it's tight over my shoulders, not unbearable but all just a bit tight.  I'm visiting Tillet in a couple of weeks to try a B5 seat but I wanted to see if there's any other recommendations?

Depending on the type of seat brackets you have you can get a product called tall rails for the older style.

I make some rails for the newer seats that help with headroom by tilting the seat back. However they won't help with your shoulder room issue so a tillet may be your best bet, I think they do extra wide seats.

Thank you all. 

@Diablos-666 is that carbon I can't make out in the wet? 

@RoflOnMyWaffle I've taken a look a the B6 and I'll try one for size when I'm at Tilletts, having taken a quick look online some people are saying you can still use a standard 3 point seat belt? 

I changed my original Carbon 380 Sport rear access panel to the Carbon 380 Cup version…..& rear spoiler. Before & after pics below. Straightforward enough - finding one will be your challenge😬

969CB543-306C-406F-8159-768DF49D47A2.jpeg

53725820-0FD6-48D3-8D20-7D35F1E7F29F.jpeg

15 hours ago, Diablos-666 said:

I did plan to use the gas struts but I couldn’t get a rivnut tool in position. 
I’ve since bought the boot stay but haven’t fitted it yet.

You don’t need a special tool. A bolt with two nuts will work. Lots of videos on utube.
cheers

7 hours ago, Ollie260 said:

Thank you all. 

@Diablos-666 is that carbon I can't make out in the wet? 

@RoflOnMyWaffle I've taken a look a the B6 and I'll try one for size when I'm at Tilletts, having taken a quick look online some people are saying you can still use a standard 3 point seat belt? 

Yes it’s Carbon but it’s been painted matte black. 
Not sure if I want to keep it that black, paint it body colour or bring it back to Carbon finish.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 07/03/2022 at 15:54, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Tilletts are a definite upgrade, try them all, personally B6 Screamers would be better if you fit. But you will lose the ability of normal seatbelts.

What is it that gets in the way of using normal belts wiht the B6? sides being too high for the female part of the 3 point oem belt?