Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
M100 Elan market watch - Page 3 - M100 Elan - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

M100 Elan market watch

jep

OK guys. Mike MPx is the nearest guesstimate but he's quite a bit off actual price

TBH, I'm staggered for such a good car, history and MOT history. I think I might have another in my garage but The Black Beastie or Buzzy Naefuck Custard would need to go 🤥

Ok, you're all wetting your pants in anticipation. It's......

£14950 😯

PS Mike, if you want a very rare LEC M100 sticker please PM me. I guess you've probably got some of these rare stickers anyway but if you want another.......

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'll have 2.  That must account for why PM turn their cars over faster than some dealers who have them for sale for months/ 6 months or longer....

Wonder if he includes delivery

40,000 miler, that is about right. Fair price from a reliable dealer. No idea why it was POA, I assumed it was in very special condition but I assume not. 

Justin

That's a bit disappointing at sub £15k from a dealer like Matty.  £15k is the min I'd take for mine - and as a 57k miler!   Oh well looks like I'll be hanging on to it for a while more yet then....

Thanks for the sticker offer Mark, not got any...but not really a sticker man.  Enjoy using my LEC pint glass though - are they rare too?

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

8 hours ago, MPx said:

Thanks for the sticker offer Mark, not got any...but not really a sticker man.  Enjoy using my LEC pint glass though - are they rare too?

Only when they're full Mike 😉

5 minutes ago, jep said:

@exeterjeep I know you're keen to buy a M100 but I can't take your offer of just under £2k, however much I admire your devotion to the marque. 

Justin

Sorry accidentally missed a digit..... Thought it sounded like yours and the other cars mentioned.  

• Like 1

The clear out continues, or attempts at. Renault 5GT turbo also now advertised on Pistonheads and TLF. The only car definitely staying forever is the prototype Elise S1. 

Very sad to sell any of the cars that I am extremely fortunate to own but with a fair wind, further excitement is on the horizon.

Justin 

1 hour ago, jep said:

The clear out continues, or attempts at. Renault 5GT turbo also now advertised on Pistonheads and TLF. The only car definitely staying forever is the prototype Elise S1. 

Very sad to sell any of the cars that I am extremely fortunate to own but with a fair wind, further excitement is on the horizon.

Justin 

£150k ?  😯

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/10126048

1 hour ago, jep said:

"Very sad to sell any of the cars that I am extremely fortunate to own but with a fair wind, further excitement is on the horizon"

Are you selling all your toys to fund an Emira?

Nearly 40 years on and still folk confuse 5 GT turbo with the mid-engined 5 Turbo or 5 Turbo 2. 

Mind you, pre-facelift R5 were  Alpine Turbo except in UK when badged Gordini due to a TM dispute with Chrysler.

Justin 

@Rambo No. Sadly, I don't think Emira is my kind of sports car. I hope I am wrong but weight and focus on a conventional interior just don't inspire me.

I wish Lotus the greatest of success and I think they are correct to go (more) mainstream. 

I'm heading to less mass; and less mass produced. 

I think the pre-Geely Lotus will be very highly sought after particularly Esprit, Elise and Exige. Frankly all of them, perhaps even the cruelly under-appreciated Excel. 

Justin 

9 hours ago, jep said:

@Rambo I'm heading to less mass; and less mass produced. 

Aerial atom?

I think it's a great pity that the wonderful Elise, Exige and Evora range has now been discontinued. End of an era.

PS did you buy your M100 from Derek Mowat in Edinburgh?

55 minutes ago, Rambo said:

PS did you buy your M100 from Derek Mowat in Edinburgh?

No. 

55 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Aerial atom?

No

56 minutes ago, Rambo said:

it's a great pity that the wonderful Elise, Exige and Evora range has now been discontinued. End of an era.

Yes. But it has to be. No car company can survive long term attempting to make 1500-3000 cars pa.

19 minutes ago, Giniw said:

Caterham

No 

19 minutes ago, Giniw said:

As for the GT Turbo, isn't it called Super 5 GT Turbo and the other (earlier) one R5 in the UK?

Not on the badging. I recall the MK2 Renault 5 was marketed as Supercinq on launch. Both Phase 1 and Phase 2 front engine turbo were 5GT Turbo. GT in reality meaning the four seater road car as a opposed to the mid-engined two seat turbo - which were only in Mk1 body. Clear as mud 😃

Justin 

4 hours ago, Rambo said:

One for exeterjeep. In his neck of the woods anyway

http://forum.lotuselancentral.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=29106

Looks to be just up the road, have sent a pm via LEC  

I suspect it has been one careful lady owner. I've never met Karen over the years that she has owned the S2 so can't comment further on the car

Clemo would possibly know the car and/or Karen as he has M100 blood and lives in Torquay

2 minutes ago, Rambo said:

I suspect it has been one careful lady owner. I've never met Karen over the years that she has owned the S2 so can't comment further on the car

Clemo would possibly know the car and/or Karen as he has M100 blood and lives in Torquay

bought in in 2013, not used that much until getting sorted at SJ earlier this year. Mot history looks ok. LEC messaging is not as straight forward as TLF.