Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira 4 Cylinder - AMG M139 - Page 3 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira 4 Cylinder - AMG M139

Pugwash

Correct. Do you remember that Top Gear episode when they compared a Mitsubishi EVO VIII FQ400 versus a boggo 1.6 FIAT Stilo estate. They both accelerated in top gear from 30mph with foot to the floor. The FIAT easily pulled ahead and was still ahead 1.7 miles later, because the poor old EVO couldn’t get into its stride.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

But slammed into second with foot hard to the floor the evo would have flipped the stilos wing mirrors round on the way past 👍

Only here once

Is it just me or have they broken the pricing part of the configurator again with the recent updates?

I’m unable to change the deposit, and changes to duration don’t feed through to the calculation.

22 hours ago, Bibs said:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/mercedes-amg-m139-four-cylinder-416-hp/

AMG's engineers didn't stop there. They gave the M139 a highly efficient (and expensive) dual ball-bearing, twin-scroll turbo. This has the effect of increasing turbo responsiveness and eliminating the laggy feel that you'd typically expect in such a heavily turbocharged engine.

Here's a less-circulated article with the author making his own analysis of the M139.  Some interesting details in there, including observation of the $10k torque gun used in engine assembly! :)

https://motoiq.com/nerds-eye-view-mercedes-amg-m139-engine/

• Gold FFM

There’s a video of the amg engine build.

its amazing the process engineering that’s gone into this.

• Like 2

Only here once

If it did not have too many 2 seaters already and didn’t move in a country with 300% tax on cars and didn’t have a wise wife asking for seats for the kids if we were to buy another car, I would be keen on an Emira and would have gone for the i4.

Lighter car, more faster of the line, sounds like the Chapman choice!

To be honest I already have the Evora for the V6 so don’t need it twice but I am quite intrigued to see what will happen in time. I suspect in 2 years time the i4 will have more than 400bhp and be sub 4.0 for 0-60. Maybe we will see some more wings too!

Edited by PAR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Excellent video, explained why they have both direct & port injection :thumbup:

Cheers,

John W

Precisely, bikes don't weigh anything compared to a car so don't need to produce any torque & are tuned to just make high BHP.

Cheers,

John W