Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
910 Baro and MAP sensor? - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

910 Baro and MAP sensor?

Does anyone know whether the MAP and baro sensor are the same on a 910 4-Cyl? Whilst wandering around in the extensive Margate Exotics parts facility (AKA the garage), I found a spare but unboxed, so no idea which one it is as they look the same to me.

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would expect them to be different given the pressure ranges that each need to cover.

In the parts list they have different numbers assigned with different prices.

MAP.thumb.JPG.75c5e7236d172abb68f93ba6fadf8283.JPG

SJ actually list the 918 baro sensor when searching on the 910 baro.

On the V8, the baro is definately a different GM part to the 2 bar MAP sensor

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

MAP Sensor has a range of 0 - 2 bar.

Baro sensor has a range of 0 - 1 bar with a piece of foam over the inlet port.

From the outside they look the same (except for the foam piece)

Esprit Freak

The Lotus Service Notes have once again come to the rescue:-

BARO

"Note that the baro sensor is fitted above the MAP sensor, has a foam filter glued to its air inlet port and has a blue insert fitted into the base of the electrical connector socket."

MAP

"Note that the MAP sensor is fitted below the barometric sensor and has an orange insert fitted into the base of the electrical connector socket. An aluminium box screens the MAP sensor from electrical interference."

I suspect the positioning is for earlier cars than my S4s. My baro sensor hasn't got a foam filter on it (the parts manual doesn't show one, either), the MAP sensor is screwed to the GRP beside to the RH fuel filler, the baro sensor is screwed to the RH wood fuel tank board, and there's no aluminium box.

Still, at least I will be able to correctly identify which one I have on the shelf by the colours.

Margate Exotics.