Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
'Spanner' light illuminated - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

'Spanner' light illuminated

Hi guys ,

My 2011 Evora has had a spanner light illuminate ( goes out after 30 seconds ) . Car runs/drives really well  .  I only ask as i have had lights appear before with no reason but obviously don't want to be complacent . What do you suggest ? Thanks in advance 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Has the car not been used much recently? If it goes out after a slight delay then all should be good anyway. Mine has done the same in the past and then went back to going out straight away. Take it for a decent run and see if that sorts it. You could also  try an OBD reader to see if any codes are stored.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Mine did this intermittently for over a year, with no fault code.  Then the AC control panel failed.  Since replacing that it hasn't happened again.  Very odd!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

You can try an OBD reader, though it might not tell you anything depending on what the fault is. A Lotus dealer would be able to give you a full read out of the error codes stored so might be mentioning next time you are in if you normally get serviced at a main dealer. Likely, it's nothing to worry about. If it stays on you want to get it checked. Even the stored codes are often little hiccups due to low voltage at some point if it's sat around or if you didn't fully turn the car on and turned it off and turned it back on again etc.

• Like 1

My guess is that one of the air conditioning doo-dah unit thingies has seized. A surprisingly common problem with the Evora and caused by lack of use (I believe the coolant circulating also acts as a lubricant so if it ain't switched on regularly there is no lubricant) or water due to the fact they are quite exposed where they are under the car. 

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Thanks men , much appreciated as always . Due a service  at the end of they year so i shall post up the cause , just for interest . I have had lights come and go for my three year ownership . Problem is you dont want to ignore , just because the other cases were false alarms ? 

UPDATE 

Could be absolute nonsense but a bloke down the gym who owns a garage mentioned deliberately stalling the engine . I did it and no more spanner light illuminated for 30 seconds on ignition .  Coincidence ? 

Could be. I also seem to recall that after a spanner light, if the fault is intermittent, then after three successful "re-starts" (without the condition reoccurring) the ECU resets and clears the fault and light.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!