Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
All the 72's - 15th October 2022 - UK - East Anglia - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

All the 72's - 15th October 2022

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Maybe (hopefully) we'll get more info by mail.

But it is not that far off, especially for those of us who need to book a ferry etc. 😉

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Had an email from Club Lotus this am. says

As ticket sales are limited to just 2000 we were keen to let your club members know of this event early so that they are able to register their interest and have the opportunity to be on our reservation list as early as possible.

The ALLthe72s.com website is online and able to register any Lotus enthusiasts’ interest in the event

This would be the perfect reason to bump my JPS up on the list and get her running again. But I'm lacking a bit of confidence as she broke down just outside of Dover on the previous trip to UK...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Same here! I've already informed my other halve and had a look at some B&Bs. The Bird in Hand is already booked, unfortunately...

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your interest
“All the 72s”

640xunlimited___car1.jpeg   640xunlimited___car2.jpeg

Hethel is the natural venue for the Lotus 72s to be gathered together in October. However, presently there are significant traffic issues locally and numerous site restrictions have arisen.

As a result CTL is disappointed to say that the gathering of the 72s will not be open to the public. 

It is intended that the gathering will be filmed, hopefully to be live streamed. If not live streamed then we hope the event will be broadcast subsequently.

Every effort has been made to accommodate spectators, but it has proved to be beyond us.  

CTL is very sorry about this disappointing outcome.  

640xunlimited___car3.jpeg   640xunlimited___car4.jpeg

CLASSIC TEAM LOTUS LIMITED
Hethel Industrial Estate, Potash Lane, Hethel, Norfolk, NR14 8EY, England 
Company Registration Number: 288106
view in browserunsubscribe

open

I've sent a message offering to help with the live streaming for them. 

• Sad 3

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Just got the mail, very disappointed. 😞

I, and I'm sure many with me, have been anxiously waiting for another event at Hethel, especially after seeing the banner 'see you next year' when leaving the 70th anniversary meeting.

oh dear that so disappointing , a lot of why's here is two of them ,1/ the 70th went ahead with surely more people then they could ever expect for this, 2/ surely they could of had a limit number of tickets sold on first come first served like only 250 or what ever. Anyway it is what it is but still very disappointed :(

• 1 month later...

So from an outside perspective it looks as thought CTL had an idea to put on a great event that Lotus fans who actually know what the Type 72 is would have loved to have attended, and Lotus management instead decided to hijack it and use it as a fairly cynical opportunity to try and flog a few more of a car that is massively late, most likely way over budget and which Lotus don’t know how to sell because it is to a clientele that they don’t know and haven’t dealt with before. 

I wonder how many buyers of an Evija actually knew what a Type 72 was before this, or what it accomplished. 

I think you have it back to front. A great idea to promote Evija, widened to include the public via Lotus car clubs/forums. 

The latter abandoned due to genuine traffic issues locally. The A11 is shut at the Hethel exit. 

Justin

6 hours ago, Bibs said:

Or the Police and & Council told them they can't make it a huge public event due to the massive disruption as the the A11 is completely closed for long term road works? 

Sorry, A11 isn’t closed. I live less than 5 miles from Hethel so am very aware of the traffic issues caused by the A11 resurfacing. 

4 hours ago, jep said:

I think you have it back to front. A great idea to promote Evija, widened to include the public via Lotus car clubs/forums. 

The latter abandoned due to genuine traffic issues locally. The A11 is shut at the Hethel exit. 

Justin

Given the volume of traffic going into Hethel every day with the workforce, and the fact that this would have been scheduled when the majority of the workforce were not there (or maybe that’s part of the problem because they couldn’t shut Hethel to have a fun event, lose a day of production for Emira, and risk the perception from already unhappy Emira customers waiting for their late cars?) I don’t see the net increase in traffic going to the site being much higher. It was never going to be a huge event given the relatively short notice with which they promoted it and whilst the Hethel exit is shut, the exit one earlier isn’t. 

As for having it back to front, sorry but look at Evija and what a disaster this has been. How many years late is it? There is still no fully representative, finished spec car running, no media drives of any sort of a vaguely finished car, they abandoned their engineering partner and took it in-house without the skill set to finish it, so their answer is chuck on a special trim level, try and find a tenuous link back to a race car from 50 years ago, and hope they can sell a few. Using the Type 72 to promote Evija really smacks of desperation by Lotus.

Justin, given you seem to have attended this, did Lotus say how many Evijas they’ve sold?

There has been a global pandemic, Evija being delayed is not a surprise. 

I didn't ask about sales figures but I was told all 8 Fittipaldi editions had deposits on them. 

Justin

2 hours ago, jep said:

8 Fittipaldi editions had deposits on them. 

I was wondering who knew to place a deposit for a car that no 'customers' knew about. Or did Lotus approach Evija deposit holders to say if they wanted a special limited edition of a special limited car.

Presumably folk who had contacted the factory since Evija was announced. Factory were always selling Evija direct, so if you had been in touch I'm sure they'd have informed you about the Fittipaldi edition.

Justin