Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora Launch Edition (Burnt Orange) - Page 3 - Cars/Parts For Sale - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora Launch Edition (Burnt Orange)

Hey! If I'd already sold the cars I need to make it happen, I'd be there - Have considered a Lauch Edition Evora for a while but always liked the Marmite Aquamarine colour (which suddenly appears to be everywhere) - but as has been said many times, you can't always wait for the perfect car as someone else already has it, and up until now I was really happy with the cars I have.

In my mind, for me, orange is at least as good if not better, although my other half would no doubt disagree - now where can I find a spare £24K or so?....................

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, madmax said:

This car looks gorgeous - seriously considering parting with two of my cars and having a more usable 'day to day' Lotus.

I can imagine the orange not being to everyone's taste but personally I think it suits the car - like it does a Miura :)

Don’t even think twice. At that price - the price is right - a great looking car 😎

Only here once

Thanks Barry - I'm convinced it's something I should do but like many people discussing it, I'm short of liquid funds - they're tied up in damned cars :)

Hi Paul - great history on your Evora. Interested to know why you went to Parks of Hamilton for your latest service rather than Craig Moncrieff who you used for the last 6 years.

Was this for fixed price servicing and how did you find them? Any positives or negatives?

9 hours ago, madmax said:

Hey! If I'd already sold the cars I need to make it happen, I'd be there - Have considered a Lauch Edition Evora for a while but always liked the Marmite Aquamarine colour (which suddenly appears to be everywhere) - but as has been said many times, you can't always wait for the perfect car as someone else already has it, and up until now I was really happy with the cars I have.

In my mind, for me, orange is at least as good if not better, although my other half would no doubt disagree - now where can I find a spare £24K or so?....................

i reckon i would had sold it 5 times over by now if people didn't have their own cars to sell first! lol 

give me a shout if have any more questions. 

Cheers Paul 

24 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Hi Paul - great history on your Evora. Interested to know why you went to Parks of Hamilton for your latest service rather than Craig Moncrieff who you used for the last 6 years.

Was this for fixed price servicing and how did you find them? Any positives or negatives?

So Craig's is always crazy busy and its normally like 4-6 weeks to get it in but Hamilton had a slot that week so i took it there. service was ok but i would take it to Craig for any major work. saying that it went in last year for a service and came out with a £3200 bill! lol! i was intending to keep it for life back then so i spend some cash refreshing brakes etc (new callipers, disks, pads, handbrakes etc) 

amazing how things change in a short time eh! 

I will miss it for sure but it has been incredible to experience my dream car for 2 years :) 

Cheers Paul

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Techyd said:

Really wish I had the funds for this, but would need to sell the Elise first and I doubt it will hang around, it’s a great car!

message me details, could be tempted if it was a low end of the market Elise :) 

It looks lovely a lovely car Paul and I wish you well with your sale, despite unfortunate circumstances.

Back up at Craig's today to pick up the Ebola and pay £540 into his Bermuda slush fund 🤣

18k, time based service (13 years) and the 6 new plugs were a mere £150 🤔

Edited by Rambo

20 minutes ago, mcdonaa said:

South coast of England

If your Hampshire - you'll have to come along to our monthly meet, be great to have another member! 🙂 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, Techyd said:

If your Hampshire - you'll have to come along to our monthly meet, be great to have another member! 🙂 

Hastings in Sussex, so quite a way unfortunately. I think my nearest meet is North Kent Lotus Owners.

11 minutes ago, Celica said:

Congratulations, fine example. Guess you wanted a brighter colour as I know of a lovely carbon grey for sale which would have been closer lol

Ha ha, yes...I love the brighter colours...I already own an S2 Elise in Burnt Orange too!

• Like 2

Really disappointed to have been ‘gazumped’ on this one but you can’t win ‘em all no matter what agreements had been made. 
Bitter? No, but seriously disappointed. 
If anyone can help me find an alternative Burnt Orange Evora, that would be great although I’m  now actively seeking other solutions, all Launch Edition Evoras though😀 

Can't understand the disappointment, it' s been on sale in numerous places since August and was a bargain when it was first advertised, let alone at its latest price 🤔

Wait too long and you miss a bargain.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
16 minutes ago, madmax said:

Really disappointed to have been ‘gazumped’ on this one but you can’t win ‘em all no matter what agreements had been made. 
Bitter? No, but seriously disappointed. 
If anyone can help me find an alternative Burnt Orange Evora, that would be great although I’m  now actively seeking other solutions, all Launch Edition Evoras though😀 

Yes...sorry Max. Paul was desperate to sell that weekend, what with his work commitments and insurance lapsing etc...and I've been in the same situation as a seller. I've myself been let down so many times by buyers (not saying you would have) promising to buy and then...silence. There is nothing like having the cash staring at you right there to twist your hand. 

This is car number 56 for me since passing my test in 1995...and that experience has told me to make decisions in haste, and repent at leisure! I've lost a few cars to not making the decision there and then to buy....I didn't even test drive the Evora. The plans were made, and I collected it.

The market definitely looks like it's softening, and I'm sure the perfect (even non orange) Evora is out there for you

• Like 2

Just for the avoidance of doubt, not that it makes any difference, but I wouldn’t want anyone to think I prevaricated.  I first saw this car on here on this thread when I commented. 
Within a day I had agreed a deal, obtained bank details for the transfer of a requested deposit and set up an anticipated collection date the following weekend. 
I couldn’t respond more swiftly as I had just started holiday on Friday and was away. 
Furthermore, the vendor in his words messaged me to say ‘Just saying this to say don’t panick I am not giving it away to some chancer so no rush’

He went on to say ‘I will say it is sold pending collection 👍

Now, don’t get me wrong, I know people on here like to bicker and whinge about how other people conduct business but I felt happy that things were nailed on given our extensive and detailed conversation. 
Also, to counter any misconceptions that may exist about not taking up opportunities quickly enough, like our friend here I have personally bought over sixty five cars since 2006 - 

At least twenty of those have been Lotus cars

• Gold FFM

Sure, understood Max...but at the end of the day, the seller wanted the car gone ASAP, and you couldn't pick up perhaps as soon as he liked. 

Again, I will make the point that when you have something for sale, unless someone is in front of you in person with all the money....its not sold. Hence with myself,  I don't hold cars or set it 'sold' without a substantial deposit. And the seller assured me no such deposit was paid...

• Like 1