Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige 430 battery - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige 430 battery

Hello chaps

haven't driven my 430 in a while and the battery is dead. I have a CTEK battery tender that I normally use for my Ferrari Challenge Stradale. Can I also use it for the Lotus ? I remember reading that Lotus is using some f**up light batteries that cannot use the normal CTEK chargers. Is that right ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bravo73
Edited title to add ‘battery’

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Depends what battery you have, I suspect it will be the lightweight Lithium battery. Your car would have been supplied with the correct charger. To use your vernacular, have you f**cking lost it?  :)  ;)

Also, to stop the battery getting damaged it has a "cut off" switch on the top that kills the power to the car to save it fully draining the battery. It's actually an expensive and very well thought out solution, great engineering, it's what Lotus is known for lol.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Thanks for your reply. So there are different batteries for the 430 Cup ? To be honest no, I'm not sure what batttery I'm using.

I'll have to check with the dealer then...

Thanks again.

I believe the 430 Cups should have come from factory with the lightweight Lithium battery. If you open the boot and look at the battery you will know what you. The lightweight one is around a 1/3 of the size of a normal car battery.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

And you can't jump start a lithium battery. Read your handbook.

You'll need to trickle charge it with a lithium battery compatible charger, which are widely available. It can take time to initially take a charge if the battery is 'dead'. I had to reset the charger multiple times when this happened to me. It took 24 hours+ to get the battery back to near full power. Perhaps 48 hours+. 

This is assuming that you have lithium battery, I don't know. As above, it's obvious when you see it, it's small. Use your camera if difficult to assess. 

Justin

• 7 months later...

Oui, vous devez avoir reçu un chargeur Optimate, spécialement pour les batteries au lithium. Vous ne pouvez pas utiliser un chargeur conventionnel. Avec la voiture que vous avez reçu un dépliant avec la batterie, c’est un SuperB.
Si votre batterie est trop éloignée, ce ne sera pas suffisant pour la recharger, j’ai donc dû en obtenir une avec un ampérage plus élevé.

“Yes, you must have received an Optimate charger, especially for lithium batteries. You cannot use a conventional charger. With the car you received a leaflet with the battery, it's a SuperB.

If your battery is too far away, it will not be enough to recharge it, so I had to get one with a higher aperme.”

(Courtesy of Googoo translate).