Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Unforced idle - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Unforced idle

C8RKH

Seeing as though we had a "forced idle" thread I thought I'd post this one to celebrate the far too many who are idle because they are just lazy feckless bar stools!

My money is on @PaulCP or @Barrykearley to be the first to post!

So here's to those who are able to work but just can't be arsed as they are happy to sponge off everyone else. I include in this all those who use accountants/schemes to avoid paying their taxes too!

They're so feckless they are the ones who don't realise that if everyone did their bit we'd maybe have the money to pay nurses more. To provide every child with 2 hot school meals a day.  To provide those with long term illness, physical or mental disabilities, and pensioners, a dignified life and not just an existence. To support those who tirelessly work as both paid and unpaid carers, giving their all to help others.

It's time to stop pussy footing around and to address the real challenges. If only we had politicians who were really interested in the people, and not just fame and power....

I have my view on who will be the first to post and call me a heartless fascist... I've written it on a piece of paper.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm idle - retired and have a cold at the mo. So doing even less than usual.

So have got time to post some useless stuff.....

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Fuck it - I ain’t working again until my divorce is through.

For some reason giving half of what I earn now to an alcoholic child abuser kinda rubs me up the wrong way.

• Sad 1

Only here once

@C8RKHi was waiting for either Barry to respond or someone else first so that you lose that net with yourself😛, although I was trying to work out if you was calling me idle and a sponger or not🥊

Well I am able to work but can’t be arsed so I am sponging off my works and state pensions but unfortunately still have to pay taxes😉.

I get your point with the lazy tw@ts of today who are happy to draw their benefits whilst protesting about their morning cuppa being too cold, but I am one of the “entitled” ones, entitled to do faff all after decades of hard work and long hours😜

• Like 2

Retired is just that @PaulCP and @exeterjeep. So no need to worry you were not the intended targets at all.

It's the lazy scrounging whinging scumbags. The ones of working age who choose to live an idle life and take take take 

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

My family left Scotland for Canada when I was three years old - Harold Macmillan was the PM of the day.

Maybe I should get @C8RKHto sponsor me for my birth entitlement of a UK pension . I'm sure the taxpayers there won't notice the difference😜

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

6 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

I'm idle - retired and have a cold at the mo. So doing even less than usual.

So have got time to post some useless stuff.....

Snap! I retired at 61, am idle and have a cold right now too!😁I did work hard and long hours though, so guess I’m entitled to take it easy now. As Kevin says, I doubt you’ll find any of the type you refer to on this forum. Idle yes, feckless maybe, those who use accountants definitely, (hi Kevin 👋), able to work but can’t be arsed any longer probably, but spongers I very much doubt. 😁

I bet there are hundreds of spongers that are members on here. Every Sunday morning, they'll be out on their drive, sponging away. Then drying. Then polishing. The odd one might even drive the thing they sponge every week!

• Haha 1

The small print.

How very dare you suggest we use sponges to wash the car. We aren’t living in the dark ages any more you know. 🤦Many years ago I moved onto soft noodle mitts to wash and rinse, followed by soft microfibre towels to gently pat dry afterwards. Oh and one of the benefits of being idle is I don’t need to wash the car on a Sunday morning now; I can do it anytime I fancy. 😂

I do agree, however, about lazy arses with zero work ethic who believe the world owes them a living. I probably employed many of them over the years and then said goodbye to them as soon as they revealed their true colours. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Every Sunday morning, they'll be out on their drive, sponging away. Then drying.

My Evora has not had a wash since it was serviced in May.....and it usually has a little run out each week.

I want to be a sponger but can't afford to so instead at 55 I am still doing 3 jobs, one I am paid PAYE, One I do for myself and one I do for the Govt and public. 

I have always had at least 2 jobs because I always wanted to give my family a decent life and the best start, however with 4 kids I had struggled to have any long term investments like a pension as I just couldn't afford it. Well, we now have a nice house with a minimal mortgage and half a mill in equity, nice cars etc and I started a pension mid to late 30's, which is shit and I am using as a savings plan. 

But I have ALWAYS worked. Even when I was a beach bum living in the Canaries or the Far East I still always paid my own way working in bars etc.

Now I finally have working kids across the board I finally started living for us late 40's (once the 2 Autistic lads got jobs) and so these 3 Jobs are me trying to make up some form of savings that will allow me to retire before 67. Once the boys move out (if they ever do) the plan is to downsize the house and retire. Wendy to do her art and me to do my things, as long as they don't involve working full time or getting out of bed before 9!

I look at some people I know, like one of my sons friends who is 32 and never lifted a finger to work and says he never will and my friends daughter who blames everything but herself on not working "because I am too tired" and has been refused to be signed off as disabled more times than I've had hot dinners as they try and sponge more money from the state to pay for their Cannabis habits. And I do wonder why some people are allowed to do that when normal hard working middle aged, middle class people are the most discriminated against in terms of taxes and being the bank for the Govt.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

58% of my total income (PAYE so no dodgy accountants to squirrel away the goodies) was paid in taxes last year. I love paying for the unforced idle tw@ts. Which is why I also love it when tw@ts say those on a higher salary need to pay more. I already pay enough to keep a small army fed and watered.

• Haha 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Fret not @C8RKH when queen Nicola gets her independence - she will tax you far higher and rightly so - sloshing on red wine should only be for the privileged elected elite.

Only here once

No need for me to worry @Barrykearley, I have a list of jobs for the house and garden that I am working through to make the best sale value when the time comes and they vote "yes".  I'll be out of here quick, to capitalise on all the stoopid english who will move here thinking it will get them back into Europe quickly.

Just doing the decking. 700 linear metres of wood used just for the frame (not including the support posts!).  It's gonna be epic......

• Love 1

The small print.

50 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

.Just doing the decking. 700 linear metres of wood used just for the frame (not including the support posts!).  It's gonna be epic......

Top tip - be extra careful when walking on the framework (2” thickness I assume) and don’t get too exited when that final fixing goes in.

I did mine back in June (spans a 4’ deep unused pebbled ditch), just put that final fixing in when I stood up, lost my footing on the frame hitch resulted in a broken left foot.😟.
Found out that bones don’t heal very quickly for us poor pensioners 🙄

• Sad 1

Good point Paul. Thankfully I decided to outsource the build as the decked area is over 70m squared.....   I just need to make sure that when I celebrate it being complete with a couple of bottles of claret I don't fall off it!

The small print.

It's composite so won't stain. I'll lick up the claret anyway 

• Like 1

The small print.