Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Wheel Offset Sizes.... - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Wheel Offset Sizes....

I was wondering if anyone knows the offset sizes for the Emira now that vehicles are going out to owners?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 year later...

I can now confirm that wheel-size.com have incorrect info listed for the Emira.

The boss / Spigot size is actually 68.1mm in all 4 corners.

I removed the wheels and measured myself today. Spigots are actually 67.97mm diameter.

Ive ordered a set of 5 spoke wheels from China, CNC machined from a forged billet, allowing for relatively easy changes to the design (bespoke)

These are basically copies of the Ferrari 458 wheels, nice and simple. However, they're handed, in that where the spokes meet the rim, they're asymmetrical, which I didn't want, so did a bit of photoshop on their pics to show how I wanted them, and they're writing the edited  cnc program to accommodate me.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

• Like 1

Getting Older!

They look lovely. Do you think they could do them in Evora 410 sizes and offsets, and what are you paying for them?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

They look lovely. Do you think they could do them in Evora 410 sizes and offsets, and what are you paying for them?

I'm sure they could, the wheels are cnc'd from a billet of forged alloy, so the design / detail are just programs, rather than casting tools.

They offer all manor of designs in all manor of sizes.

These are costing $217 USD each, plus shipping. Total with shipping was £1100, obviously plus the duty and tax at this end. (shipping from China was $475)

On another forum, there are folk saying it's a foolish move, as they wouldn't trust a Chinese manufacturer without it being overseen by a respected management, for safety reasons, so I'm reluctant to recommend the idea, but I'll just wait and see what the quality is like.

This is the firm:     https://tzxinmai.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-930921914/Forged_Wheels.html?spm=a2700.shop_index.88.19.4fe45af0mTxtvi

and this is the thread on another forum where I'm being ridiculed:    https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/stock-emira-wheels-and-tires.29/ 

These are the model I went for:    https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Customized-One-piece-Forged-Matte-Gun_1600982491443.html?spm=a2700.shop_plgr.41413.10.40811f48ATDyw2

Time will tell I guess.

Getting Older!

That's a great base price there @Jon Fuller and I will follow your journey with optimism and enthusiasm. I've always loved that wheel design since I first saw it on the Fezza.

There's a lot of racism aimed at Chinese "stuff". Yup, some of the stuff is pure shite, but some of it is also very good. As Lotus is now a Chinese company, those buffoons better wise up as their cars are already full of Chinese stuff.

I looked at the other "forum" and could spot a number of "buffoons" and the usual Bull Shitters with their opinions (Hmmm, I need to register). Opinions are like clitori (if that is the correct plural), every "James Hunt" has one..

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

They're altered the spoke design in cad and sent a visual over for approval.

Just hope they turn out as good as the visual!

3D design (2).jpg

3D design (3).jpg

3D design (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Getting Older!

Oh my :wub:

Obviously they won't be getting those nonsey NYO centre caps, they'll be getting my old skool carbon & gold jobbies...... but unlike the attached pic, the current ones have a complete small C.

IMG_2794.PNG

Getting Older!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Absolutely superb. I think those wheels look superb. I might need to save up now! I take it you got 6 wheels to have one spare front and rear?

27 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Absolutely superb. I think those wheels look superb. I might need to save up now! I take it you got 6 wheels to have one spare front and rear?

Exactly that.  I figured that whilst the factory looks huge and will likely be around a while, the agent I went through could vanish at any time, making a replacement wheel very hard to get. so the two spares were just an insurance policy, and at $217 each, you'd be nutz not to.

Imagine having to throw out 3 perfectly good wheels, coz u couldn't replace one damaged one.

• Like 2

Getting Older!

Absolutely. What a price!

53 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Lovely. Having been brought up on steel wheels, it always amazes me how modern alloys are strong enough to have such slender spokes, despite the G-forces they have to deal with.

Agreed!

I always think the load on them when you do a drop clutch start must be horrendous! .. trying to twist the middle out of them.  They are a pretty much exact copy of the Ferrari 458 Italia wheel dimentionaly, (and these are forged), so as the 458 doesn't twist the middle out, I'm sure my little Toyota V6 wont. At least I hope not

1000013822.JPG

Getting Older!

@Jon Fuller, after a few K miles, I'd be very interested in your views on the tyres Jon. I think these are the same as the OEM option for the Emira.

Thanks. I am sure your car is going to look stunning.