Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Evora GT410 Sport Club - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Evora GT410 Sport Club

philnotts

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Both great looking GT410's 😎

I'm still very 50/50 on the PPF. No point doing the front end ( which i would have done from new ) as there are stone chips already but thinking about the Carbon hood, roof and rear section. Have either of you done this, or if not, have you had any damage to these parts? They seems quite expensive to replace if the worse does happen!! 

I ppfd the whole front, have not bothered with the carbon roof or hatch. No issues in 4 years.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

No I haven’t had the front access panel nor roof or hatch PPF’d. The carbon vanes etc in the front air vents and the internal surfaces of the rear exit ducts behind the wheels have been done though. 

The entire front up to just above the headlights, the lower sides, doors, door mirrors and lower rear wings have all been done too.

Soon after getting the car, we went on a club tour through Wales and one of the other drivers mentioned to me when following he could see that the rear tyres were often flicking small stones and grit back through the ducts on to his car. He wasn’t annoyed, fortunately, and was aware it wasn’t my fault as such. Nevertheless, I could see he was right as the PPF was already getting damaged and so I carried out a mod of fitting a piece of black painted 18g stainless mesh over the front of each duct. This has worked perfectly, still allows air through as intended and isn’t causing any further damage to the duct or following cars. 

Does everyone else's DAB work in there GT410? Playing around with the settings, I can't seem to find any stations. I have the Alpine INE - W710D, so un-sure if its meant to have DAB or not.

If not, I have seen the following cable but again not sure how the head unit comes out!?!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eightwood-Splitter-Antenna-Compatible-Blaupunkt-Aerial-01/dp/B01MRIFCDD

Thanks,

Phil

IMG_7249.jpg

Sorry next question!

When hooking up a battery charger/battery maintenance charger, do you leave the car unlocked or feed the charger wire somehow out of the rear boot, so it can be closed and the car locked while on charge?

Currently my rear boot is open and if I try and lock the car, it sounds like it will continually beep/flashing amber lights!? I don't really want to force the rear boot shut, trapping the charging cable.

I used to go via the rear boot and get it closed, depends how thick the cable is, but now have the cable through the louvres.   Had to cut and the re-join the wires to actually get through the gap. (Did not want to force it through.)

On my previous Evora ran a cable out via the rear of the wheel arch.   

Probably got the same Alpine unit a you will have a look later, don't use DAB myself, just leave a USB stick in the cable that is in the glove box.

• Gold FFM
19 hours ago, philnotts said:

Does everyone else's DAB work in there GT410? Playing around with the settings, I can't seem to find any stations. I have the Alpine INE - W710D, so un-sure if its meant to have DAB or not.

If not, I have seen the following cable but again not sure how the head unit comes out!?!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eightwood-Splitter-Antenna-Compatible-Blaupunkt-Aerial-01/dp/B01MRIFCDD

Thanks,

Phil

IMG_7249.jpg

I've replied on your other post.....

• Thanks 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

32 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Push the the mechanism in the middle off the boot latch with your key or screwdriver.

Thank you Scott for the little hack on the rear boot and locking the car. I will try this.

Just be aware the latch is locked and don’t forget when you unplug the conditioner to go out for a drive. Not done this myself but a pal did on his Evora and broke the latch!🤦

For that reason, I do mine slightly differently and don’t lock the car whilst it’s in my very secure garage. I simply either leave the hatch open or just rest it on the cable. I have fitted a small circular rocker switch in the boot which turns the light on or off. That way I don’t have to leave it on whilst the car is in the garage with the hatch open. 

I love the Vivid Green colour and saw one on the day I went up to Hethel to choose the final spec for my car. I was torn in two wondering if I should have that or the Estoril Blue, both with tan leather interior. 

I eventually plumped for the blue but I’m sure I’d have been just as happy with the Vivid Green or maybe the Fire Red or even the Burnt Orange! Jeez it’s so hard to choose when the car just looks so good in so many colours. 

I nearly went for a Dark Metallic Grey GT410 Sport just before I bought the Essex Blue!

On 26/11/2022 at 11:53, scotty435 said:

Push the the mechanism in the middle off the boot latch with your key or screwdriver. This will allow you to leave the boot open, it turns the lights off in the luggage compartment and you can set the alarm, I drop the boot onto the latch and that gives you plenty off room to feed the cable out off the car. To put the latch back in working order simply press the outer leaver down.

Thank you Scott, this works great and I can now lock the car!! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...