Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How easy to remove the dash on a GT410 Sport? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

How easy to remove the dash on a GT410 Sport?

Go to solution Solved by Spinney,

I probably already know the answer to this and suspect it will be something like "Don't even think about it"!

Over the last few months, pretty much since my track day at Hethel back in July, I have noticed a rattle from behind the dash to the right of the instrument cluster that has been getting steadily worse. At first it was only noticeable when travelling over very rough surfaces and wasn't bad enough to annoy me but now it is almost constant and really starting to get on my nerves. With all my previous Lotus cars you could get up under the dash quite easily and feel around until finding the source of any rattles but, of course, this isn't so easy on the Evora.

I am quite handy with tools but no longer possessing the physique of a racing snake nor the patience of a saint, I'm now thinking this might be a task too much for me. Anybody carried this out on a 4** series car and can give me a prognosis on degree of difficulty please?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well there’s the irony. Because all my previous Lotus were rather more raw or, dare I say, even basic, I was probably more ready to accept the odd rattle. The Evora, however, is supposed to be more refined and I really can’t live with it rattling so badly. 

• Like 1

A few S1s over here were missing part #22 which is a cap that covers the front mounting pin. The missing cap caused the rattle.

Others have found wedging thin foam in the front of the dash stopped noise issues. If you can pinpoint a location it might be worth a try.

• 1 month later...

No I’ve not had the chance to delve into this yet. I haven’t used the car for a bit and probably won’t for a good while  longer now so at the moment it’s out of sight and out of mind. I’ll most likely leave it until next spring now, I think. 

• 3 weeks later...