Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Speedo stuck at 10mph - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Speedo stuck at 10mph

Go to solution Solved by Bravo73,

The dash speed was working ok. stopped the car and returned and stared within 1hr and noticed the speedo was showing 10mph when the car was stationary and when driving the speedo was always 10mph above the normal speed. Stopped the car removed the ignition key, locked & unlocked the doors and speedo still showing 10mph. Opened the drivers door then the speedo went to zero and now working ok. Does anyone know the connection or reason why this happened ?  

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sometimes the needles get stuck. They're gear driven internally. If you don't typically wait for the needle sweep before cranking on every startup, it's not a bad routine to get into. 

Oddly enough, receiving door open/close signals can sometimes help remedy weird cluster issues, since they're both tied to the ICM. 

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

My Evora's speedo randomly added about 10 mph. It tended to do this on journeys where I'd stop for a few minutes then start the car again. After about half an hour the needle would drop back to zero and the needle sweep would be normal.

It was what I believe in hindsight to have been an early indication of the 5 year old battery being on its way out because within a few months it died. After changing the battery, the adding MPH issue stopped.

• Thanks 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

7 hours ago, EuropaSman said:

It was what I believe in hindsight to have been an early indication of the 5 year old battery being on its way out because within a few months it died. After changing the battery, the adding MPH issue stopped.

Unfortunately, that isn’t always the case. My speedo seems to do it intermittently, regardless of the age or charge of the battery. 

• Like 1