Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira headlights - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira headlights

So lotus describes the headlights as vertcle LED, I can’t see an option in settings for rhd/lhd, is that because you need matrix led lights as on my defender to do that? Would be nice to change speedo from mph to kph for the European trips as  well,  defender has that too.

maybe a software update could sort the mph/kph option,  customer services any chance please?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Abgreenbank said:

Would be nice to change speedo from mph to kph for the European trips as  well,  defender has that too.

maybe a software update could sort the mph/kph option,  customer services any chance please?

I'm fairly sure you can do that. Harry Metcalfe did it on his recent Euro tour. I'm fairly sure he complained that the Km/H wasn't large enough when he was blasting through France and Switzerland.

Check out part 2 of his Emira videos

Yes I see you can change the units in the trip computer and get a mini speedo but I meant the primary Speedo, so I guess a software update would work.

I guess if it had ADAS they would have no choice but to give the option otherwise the road sign recognition would be problematic.

Edited by Abgreenbank

No, it won't I'm afraid as it's regionally locked when the car is first set up and believe the region can be changed once it's set. 

The headlights are the same part for LHD and RHD so no adjustment needed. I believe this is the case for most modern LED headlights. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, Abgreenbank said:

Yes I see you can change the units in the trip computer and get a mini speedo but I meant the primary Speedo, so I guess a software update would work.

I guess if it had ADAS they would have no choice but to give the option otherwise the road sign recognition would be problematic.

Fingers crossed for ADAS in the i4 too, then..... I can see no (legislative?) reason why the main speed display should be fixed to delivery region (but possibly the odometer, yes....?). It would appear that other manufacturers cars with electronic displays (as opposed to analogue dial type) support a simple switchover change - a quick google lists instructions for several models....

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

No, it won't I'm afraid as it's regionally locked when the car is first set up and believe the region can be changed once it's set. 

The headlights are the same part for LHD and RHD so no adjustment needed. I believe this is the case for most modern LED headlights. 

Maybe you dont need to select lhd/rhd but if you can or dont need to select, the part numbers would probably be the same

BDF8750C-CF0C-4CAA-956B-980DC3434A04.jpegLand rover option

Edited by Abgreenbank